Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Anyone think we are in for a relegation battle?

Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Of course I do, its always the first thing we need to achieve is not to be involved in a relegation battle , who remembers all the sides in all the leagues, who are 2 good 2 go down, lets not get above ourselves.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Just seen this ridiculous thread. Forgive me for joining in late.

Roath Magic's own list of fixtures actually shows that we finished the season quite strongly. We were unbeaten in our last 10 league matches(excluding the playoff semis which are not league games ). Quite a good run that. We gained 18 points in the process -= 1.8 a game.If we continued that over a season we would finish with 82/83 points , comfortably in the playoffs and close to automatic promotion in some years. We had a bad January and February and an average start to March but for the rest of the year we performed like promotion challengers, recovering from our bad spell to finish well. No way does that performance suggest that we face a relegation struggle.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:07 pm

every team try to better what the acheived the previous season......

if malky and co. came out and said they think we will be in a relegation battle how negative would that sound to the fans...

we had a decent team last yr, another season together and a few additions should see us ok.... of the other teams that joined us in the play offs last season you could not split the form table between either.. west ham were drawing games at home, brum were on an awful run and us and blackpool were equally matched....

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Anything can happen.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:01 am

To answer your question.................. Yes i do think Swansea (In your case WE) are in for a relegation battle :D

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Interesting...