Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Anyone think we are in for a relegation battle?

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:22 am

spanishbluebird wrote:oi jack b*stard white( roath magic) dont you think you would get more exhausted playing two games a week instead of one like your lot , so considering we were playing two games a week virtually right though the season with a small squad, we were basically running on empty at the end and still managed to get into the play offs

Hi Spanish. I disagree whole heartedly. As I said, nealry every team in the land, especially outside the prem only play a select few players and dont untilise their squad regardless of size, they pick their best 11 and usually stick to it. As has been said in April we won 4 and drew 2, what happened there then? Did we all of a sudden not feel tired and then as soon as April finished decided we were tired again?

Its a poor excuse and one not backed up by the stats.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:33 am

yea but you were using cardiff against the jacks as an example , and what i'm saying is if you played two games a week rather than one it is more physically demanding , i'm i right or not :ayatollah: anyway we won't get relegated, we might not be in the top two but in my opinion we'll be top six, we are hard to beat and with a bit more pace in the team knows , but to honest i think the jacks will struggle this year , i dont rate laudrup and i think he'll upset a few down there but thats just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:41 am

Fair enough. However The Malaysians have targetted top 2 - as has Malky, if we fail to achieve this where does that leave Malky? How ruthless are the Malaysians going to be in persuit of the Premier League?

I think its pretty obvious we arent going to achieve it without heavy, heavy investment in the playing staff - more than whats rumoured to be on the table - a lot more. So where does that put us? How long are the Malaysians going to wait before deciding upon damage limitation?

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:52 am

Back to your original question & yes, I think you are in for a relegation battle. You've lost your manager, along with your best player - the one that made a real difference. So instead of keeping possession within your own half but doing little with it, you actually posed an attacking threat. Brining in a high-profile manager with no experience of the British game is a big gamble as far as I'm concerned.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:55 am

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:Back to your original question & yes, I think you are in for a relegation battle. You've lost your manager, along with your best player - the one that made a real difference so that instead of keeping possession within your own half, you actually posed an attacking threat. Brining in a high-profile manager with no experience of the British game is a big gamble as far as I'm concerned.

Malky is still our manager and Whitts is still here, not really sure what you are talking about.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:58 am

RoathMagic wrote:
LlwyncelynBlue wrote:Back to your original question & yes, I think you are in for a relegation battle. You've lost your manager, along with your best player - the one that made a real difference so that instead of keeping possession within your own half, you actually posed an attacking threat. Brining in a high-profile manager with no experience of the British game is a big gamble as far as I'm concerned.

Malky is still our manager and Whitts is still here, not really sure what you are talking about.

Aye, alright - if you say so. You're not fooling anyone mate :roll:

Sad c**t.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:01 am

As ive said on many an occasion, you may think I support anyone, it doesnt bother me and makes little difference as I dont post opinion - I post fact.

Whether I support Cambridge, Cardiff or Canberra FC the fact remains in our last 21 games we showed the trends of a team in 17th place.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:13 am

Naah! Think our squad already got enough about it to more than steer clear of a relegation battle. 4 or 5 more quality signings and we should be a top6 team atleast.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:18 am

mr'mogreenz wrote:Naah! Think our squad already got enough about it to more than steer clear of a relegation battle. 4 or 5 more quality signings and we should be a top6 team atleast.

So you think we need half a team in order to be top 6?

Dont you think thats concerning when the Malaysians want top 2 and have made it quite clear they are wanting promotion urgently as we are losing around £18 million a year.

Answer me honestly, take Leicester for Example - how many of our players do you think they would take to be in their starting 11. Remember in order to be a top 2 side we must be on a par with teams such as them....

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:18 am

Unlike a good few others on ere I can see alot of sense in your post. Personally I would have not added the playoff games thou.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:23 am

Dicey wrote:Unlike a good few others on ere I can see alot of sense in your post. Personally I would have not added the playoff games thou.

Im sure most see sense in my posts but only a few admit it as apparently you must say we are te greatest team ever to be a true City fan and ignore reality - it could be argued that distinct lack of self awareness got us into this mess in the first place.

But thanks anyway, appreciate it :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:42 am

So following a previous post where I asked how many of our players would get into Leicester City's starting 11 I thought id post the starting 11 of both Bolton and Leicester. Remember according to most we are going to be the best or second best team in the league, whos team is better ours or this....

Leicester City

Kasper Schmeichel

Paul Konchesky
Sean St Ledger
Richie De Laet
Lee Peltier

Paul Gallagher
Andy King
Lloyd Dyer
Neil Danns

Jermain Beckford
David Nugent

Bolton Wanderers

Ádám Bogdán

Sam Ricketts
David Wheater
Matt Mills
Tim Ream

Chris Eagles
Mark Davis
Martin Petrov
Keith Andrews/Chong Yung Lee

David N'Gog
Kevin Davies

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:42 am

Natman Blue wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:f*cking get a grip!

You could just as easily use the stats for the first half of the season and say we finish top

Not really. As a trend is more likely to continue than to change. There are clear reasons as to why a team has an upturn in form when a new manager comes in, its well documented and the examples are endless - they then level out to the true quality of the squad... and after our honeymoon perio, over the second half of the season we were a 17th placed club.

So why now the top 2 talk in what is a far far far more difficult league.

Malky plays a high impact game, with the threadbare squad we had last season we couldn't maintain it past the half way (ish) point. I think this year we'll continue that early season form with a bigger squad and with malky's select.

:lol: :roll:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:46 am

You haven't got a clue.

Have you ever spoken positively about Cardiff? I wouldn't expect you to mind since you're a Jack.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:48 am

JonCCFC wrote:You haven't got a clue.

Have you ever spoken positively about Cardiff? I wouldn't expect you to mind since you're a Jack.

There is no positive or negative comments from me, just realistic ones based on facts. Whether they are deemed by others as poitive or negative I dont really care.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:49 am

No we are not...... Next.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:06 am

Kanester wrote:No we are not...... Next.

Not what? :?

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:28 am

RoathMagic wrote:

You think we're in a relegation battle which shows your stupidity.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:31 am

JonCCFC wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

You think we're in a relegation battle which shows your stupidity.

No I didnt, the season hasnt started.

Im making the point that for pretty much the whole of 2012 we have been showing every trait of a team that is in a relegation battle 17th/18th place. This is not an opinion, it is a fact.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:38 am

Stats never lie. All these haters are in denial. However, form is temporary, class is permanent. Who knows? With Bellamy, we'd have a higher chance of promotion than relegation. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:41 am

adz-a32 wrote:Stats never lie. All these haters are in denial. However, form is temporary, class is permanent. Who knows? With Bellamy, we'd have a higher chance of promotion than relegation. :ayatollah:

agreed. but looks like he will choose elsewhere with Liverpool wanting to keep him and QPR wanting to pay hm mega bucks.

we cant kid ourselves.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:49 am

RoathMagic wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:Stats never lie. All these haters are in denial. However, form is temporary, class is permanent. Who knows? With Bellamy, we'd have a higher chance of promotion than relegation. :ayatollah:

agreed. but looks like he will choose elsewhere with Liverpool wanting to keep him and QPR wanting to pay hm mega bucks.

we cant kid ourselves.

Roath, if he chooses QPR, then he is officially a plastic. :cry:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:56 am

Can't believe people actually think this guy is a genuine Cardiff fan. I've been watching you for a while my boy (or whatever you are). I can't say I've read every post of yours but I don't think I've read one bit of positivity come from you. You've no doubt heard this all before.
I have a question for you what goes through your head every time you wake up? Is it quick get online and start some s**t stirring?
If you are a wum you should of been more patient and slowly turned the knife. Unfortunately you ain't that canny you just went straight in with your negativity making you stick out like a sore thumb.
RUMBLED MATE :D

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:57 am

RoathMagic wrote:So following a previous post where I asked how many of our players would get into Leicester City's starting 11 I thought id post the starting 11 of both Bolton and Leicester. Remember according to most we are going to be the best or second best team in the league, whos team is better ours or this....

Leicester City

Kasper Schmeichel

Lee Peltier
Ben Turner
Richie De Laet
Paul Konchesky

Paul Gallagher
Andy King
Jordan Mutch
Peter Whittingham

Jermain Beckford
David Nugent

Bolton Wanderers

David Marshall

Sam Ricketts
Ben Turner
Matt Mills
Andrew Taylor

Chris Eagles
Mark Davis
Peter Whittingham
Keith Andrews/Chong Yung Lee

David N'Gog
Kevin Davies

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:40 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Dicey wrote:Unlike a good few others on ere I can see alot of sense in your post. Personally I would have not added the playoff games thou.

Im sure most see sense in my posts but only a few admit it as apparently you must say we are te greatest team ever to be a true City fan and ignore reality - it could be argued that distinct lack of self awareness got us into this mess in the first place.

I should of really explained why I didn't agrees with your inclusion of the playoff matches ... In order to compare us on a level field then all things should be equal . By including the playoffs it shows we played a very good West Ham over 3 matches during that period you have stipulated...therefore a little unfair.
But your analysis only backs up what I originally thought that many teams found us out in the latter half of the season . I don't believe we are relegation material but equally I don't believe we are any where near top 2 material that some think . Things may well change before the start of the season thou,and my expectations may well change.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:41 pm

No

Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:10 pm

Dicey wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

I should of really explained why I didn't agrees with your inclusion of the playoff matches ... In order to compare us on a level field then all things should be equal . By including the playoffs it shows we played a very good West Ham over 3 matches during that period you have stipulated...therefore a little unfair.
But your analysis only backs up what I originally thought that many teams found us out in the latter half of the season . I don't believe we are relegation material but equally I don't believe we are any where near top 2 material that some think . Things may well change before the start of the season thou,and my expectations may well change.

I can accept that, good post. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:23 pm

Definitely not. It's promotion all the way :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:51 pm

I think mid 60s in terms of points was the level of our squad last season but we majorly over performed early on. That's nowhere near relegation form though.

At the moment I think our squad is still a mid 60s squad but Malky definitely has the ability to get the team to over perform again. If no more changes were made to the squad I would expect mid table but I expect there to be more good additions to the squad before the season starts. With all the hype I think there would be trouble if there weren't some more additions.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:51 pm

I think mid 60s in terms of points was the level of our squad last season but we majorly over performed early on. That's nowhere near relegation form though.

At the moment I think our squad is still a mid 60s squad but Malky definitely has the ability to get the team to over perform again. If no more changes were made to the squad I would expect mid table but I expect there to be more good additions to the squad before the season starts. With all the hype I think there would be trouble if there weren't some more additions.