Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE NATION'S FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE SINGLE

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Three special shows on July 8th, 14th and 15th will countdown from 1200 songs to find Britain's favourite number to date.

The voting started back in April and through those votes they now have a top ten.

Billie Jean is in the top ten but up against a couple of decent tunes (some not so decent too), good to see MJ's British fanbase is still strong :D

These songs make up the top ten :

One more time - Britney Spears
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Can't get you outta my head - Kylie
Dancing queen - Abba
Don't look back in anger - Oasis
Hey Jude - Beatles
Imagine - John Lennon
I will always love you - Whitney Houston
Someone like you - Adele

Who will win, what sng from that list of ten deserves the claim of the nations favourite number one ?

Re: THE NATION'S FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE SINGLE

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Oasis!!

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:04 pm

who cares!!! signings? :lol: nah im a beatles fan so either hey jude or john lennons imagne!

Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:25 am

I surprised that robin hood song ain't there. You know the one that was number one for a year or something. Can't think who it was buy.

Defo oasis for me though proper summer tune that one! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:51 am

what a pile of shite on that list!

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:26 am

Bohemian Rhapsody for me Carl. :ayatollah:

I was lucky enough to watch Queen perform that live at Earls Court in London and it was absolutely stunning. What do you say about Freddie Mercury outrageously camp and supremely talented but sadly taken all to early.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:44 am

Canton stand baz wrote:I surprised that robin hood song ain't there. You know the one that was number one for a year or something. Can't think who it was buy.

Defo oasis for me though proper summer tune that one! :ayatollah:

Everything I do I do it for you - Bryan Adams

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:58 am

when it comes to music, this list shows that most people don't know chocolate cake from dogshit.....here's a real number 1 list

fleetwood mac....albatross
kinks...you really got me
beach boys....good vibrations
beatles....ticket to ride
rod stewart....maggie may
supremes....baby love.....it's a great song....really
four tops...reach out i'll be there
rolling stones....jumpin' jack flash
t.rex....telegram sam
jimi hendrix....voodoo chile

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:11 am

carlccfc wrote:Three special shows on July 8th, 14th and 15th will countdown from 1200 songs to find Britain's favourite number to date.

The voting started back in April and through those votes they now have a top ten.

Billie Jean is in the top ten but up against a couple of decent tunes (some not so decent too), good to see MJ's British fanbase is still strong :D

These songs make up the top ten :

One more time - Britney Spears
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Can't get you outta my head - Kylie
Dancing queen - Abba
Don't look back in anger - Oasis
Hey Jude - Beatles
Imagine - John Lennon
I will always love you - Whitney Houston
Someone like you - Adele

Who will win, what sng from that list of ten deserves the claim of the nations favourite number one ?

Without any doubt it should be the beatles but there is only one of their songs there, although it,s a classic, to me they had many better songs which are not listed.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:14 am

Oasis and Beatles!

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:55 am

None... They're all shit!!

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:01 pm

Bohemian Rhapsody for me out of that list.

Easily the best track there in my opinion.

:ayatollah:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:17 pm

Where is the football music?

Punk/indie etc

Only one of those songs would have made any away trip bus following the City the last 25 years :ayatollah:

definately - Billy Jean is NOT my lover :lol:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:18 pm

Where is the football music?

Punk/indie etc

Only one of those songs would have made any away trip bus following the City the last 25 years :ayatollah:

definately - Billy Jean is NOT my lover :lol:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:29 pm

People voting on these type of things have very short memories - so I strongly suspect out of those listed Adele will win

Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:06 pm

The list is a bit shite :shock:

I would go for Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:48 pm

as long as Mj dont win im happy, give it 10 years the scumbag be forgotten

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Merlin wrote:Oasis and Beatles!

agree with this

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:59 pm

bluebird04 wrote:as long as Mj dont win im happy, give it 10 years the scumbag be forgotten

MJ's legacy will live on forever, a great man.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:04 pm

the older generation will remember him, the younger gen wont care who he was.......

"michael jackson - americas garry glitter"

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:18 pm

bluebird04 wrote:the older generation will remember him, the younger gen wont care who he was.......

Definitely wrong with both statements.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:22 pm

carlccfc wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:the older generation will remember him, the younger gen wont care who he was.......

Definitely wrong with both statements.

agree carl, most of us wasnt around when elvis or the frank sinatra was performing, but we still highly appreciate what they were about...

everyone even the younger generation know thriller or billy jean...

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:50 pm

What a load of shite.

Jackson, I despair. As has been noted, america's gary glitter.

Elvis could probably fill the top ten and I'm not an Elvis fan. As castleblue pointed out Freddie Mercury and Queen have to be in the top ten, to see them live at Old Wembley was probably the best concert I'll ever see and I've seen a few. As bent as they come was Freddie but must rank near the top of all time entertainers, a showman, a songwriter, incredible voice and presence.

Falling in Love with you - Elvis
Bomber - Motorhead
Beyond the Realms of Death - Judas Priest
London Calling - Clash
Guns of Brixton - Clash
My Heart will go on - Celine the french canadian bint
Ghost Town - Specials
Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits
Can't go on - Vodka Tourists
Billy Don't be a Hero - Paper Lace

The last one may need a rethink but it was the first record I ever bought, those bastards Queen knocked it off number one spot with that Bohemian Rapsody tune, bastards

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:11 am

Hey Jude for me :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:05 pm

you ask any of the younger generation would they rather listen to drake, nicki minaj ect or mj, they wont pick him, sure his name will be brought up in convo but they will forget..........

in my OPINION hes nothing more than a paedophille who never learnt his lesson......disgusting, worse person since hitler in my opinion

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:21 pm

bluebird04 wrote:you ask any of the younger generation would they rather listen to drake, nicki minaj ect or mj, they wont pick him, sure his name will be brought up in convo but they will forget..........

in my OPINION hes nothing more than a paedophille who never learnt his lesson......disgusting, worse person since hitler in my opinion

Well your opinion is shit, MJ stood in front of a jury and was found NOT GUILTY on all charges.

Which bit of NOT GUILTY don't you understand ?

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:31 pm

carlccfc wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:you ask any of the younger generation would they rather listen to drake, nicki minaj ect or mj, they wont pick him, sure his name will be brought up in convo but they will forget..........

Well your opinion is shit, MJ stood in front of a jury and was found NOT GUILTY on all charges.

Which bit of NOT GUILTY don't you understand ?

Clearly a sickening paedo Carl. Paid off that Jordy Chandler didn't he? Innocent people don't usually do things like that hmmm? That's probably why he needed to anaesthatise himself to sleep at night... Couldn't live with himself.

As for his music, he didn't release anything worth listening to since Thriller. Maaaaybe Bad.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:57 pm

HAA RODNEY KING BATTERED BY POLICE ON CAMERA FOR BEING BLACK, INNOCENT MAN BATTERED, THE POLICE STOOD UP IN COURT AND FOUND NOT GUILTY, BUT I SUPPOSE THAT MEANS THEY WERE ALL SET UP

INNOCENT PEOPLE DONT PAY PEOPLE OFF

call my opinion shit all you want, the fact is pretty soon the scumbag will be remembered by a small few, and they will call him paedo

Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:20 am

Gotta be Britney Spears.....that video :ayatollah: