Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Jason Fowler '

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Was just watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oodQt0Sjijc

What happened to Jason Fowler in the end? Was an incredibly talented, skillful player for us, deserved to be playing at a lot higher level with what he was able to do. Seem to remember him having some problems with his thyroid or something?

Re: Jason Fowler

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:40 pm

I'm sure he now works for the club.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Natman Blue wrote:Was just watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oodQt0Sjijc

What happened to Jason Fowler in the end? Was an incredibly talented, skillful player for us, deserved to be playing at a lot higher level with what he was able to do. Seem to remember him having some problems with his thyroid or something?

Fowler ended up playing lower league, I was shocked, I rated him highly.

Watching them goals, makes u think,

Do we really see better goals today by Cardiff ?

Is the atmosphere/celebrations better today by our players/fans ?

Hmm

Re: ' Jason Fowler '

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:44 pm

He's a youth coach at the club lol

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:Was just watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oodQt0Sjijc

Fowler ended up lower league, I was shocked, I rated him highly.

Hmm

I was thinking the same about the goals. The free flowing attacking football that are in those highlights are outstanding, Andy Legg's goal was incredible. I think for me that Jones could have a lo to answer for on that front; when he started we played a similar style and he seemed to take it up a notch but then for some reason reverted to lumping it to the big man. Malk turned it around in the first half of this season and I just hope he can sustain it for the entire campaign this time round; I can understand why he changed tactics last year with the limited squad.

It made me wonder though if in general that kind of flair has gone out of the game as teams play the percentages game and the 'sure thing' far more often.

Didn't he go to lower league because of his medical problems?

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:He's a youth coach at the club lol

Is he really?? Just found this article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Fowler_(footballer) which says he came back in 2006, so he's still there is he?

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmm

I was thinking the same about the goals. The free flowing attacking football that are in those highlights are outstanding, Andy Legg's goal was incredible. I think for me that Jones could have a lo to answer for on that front; when he started we played a similar style and he seemed to take it up a notch but then for some reason reverted to lumping it to the big man. Malk turned it around in the first half of this season and I just hope he can sustain it for the entire campaign this time round; I can understand why he changed tactics last year with the limited squad.

It made me wonder though if in general that kind of flair has gone out of the game as teams play the percentages game and the 'sure thing' far more often.

Nantman, Uve just said it the free flowing attacking football. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes I think he did have medical problems, I thought it was his knee ?

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Brilliant player, one of my favourite City players.

Oh wait I have only been watching City for 8 yrs apparently :lol:

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmm

Nantman, Uve just said it the free flowing attacking football. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes I think he did have medical problems, I thought it was his knee ?

Are you agreeing with me???? Crikey, you don't see that every day lol AND my second ever sticky. WOOAAAAHHH!!! :D

I'm hoping Malky will try to sustain it for an entire season with a larger more capable squad. he did it at Watford so can see him trying to do similar here hopefully. thoughts?

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:54 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Mine too!

Lol. look both, I know I give it out a bit but I do apologise, just get frustrated with some of the negativity on here. Please feel free to have a good and proper debate back with me when I do.
Last edited by Natman Blue on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Jason Fowler i last saw last year when he poped into the shop i was working in,and he said as posted above by brithdirblue and Bluebird99 is working at the club...he is a really nice guy to talk to :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Feel quite emotional watching that :cry:

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:01 pm

I loved that collection of goals, I have seen most of them live I am proud to say! Great times in a different way than it is today, some mental celebrations when we scored these goals, it was missing the goals against admira wacker and wrexham in the welsh cup in the 1990's, 2 of my personal favourites being in the grange-end and the surge forward when we scored! priceless memories :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Part-time plastic........ ;)

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:04 pm

boyo1927 wrote:

I loved that collection of goals, I have seen most of them live I am proud to say! Great times in a different way than it is today, some mental celebrations when we scored these goals, it was missing the goals against admira wacker and wrexham in the welsh cup in the 1990's, 2 of my personal favourites being in the grange-end and the surge forward when we scored! priceless memories :ayatollah:

Did I hear someone say grange end surge?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk1UrCx3 ... ata_player
Last edited by CP76 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Part-time plastic........ ;)

The worst kind :lol:

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:11 pm

boyo1927 wrote:

Admira Wacker, now there's a name from the past. Didn't we lose to them 4-2 or something like that on aggregate and then Arsenal played them in the next round (which was on ITV) and absolutely hammered them 7-1

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:13 pm

who sang the tunes in the clip ?

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:16 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:

Admira Wacker, now there's a name from the past. Didn't we lose to them 4-2 or something like that on aggregate and then Arsenal played them in the next round (which was on ITV) and absolutely hammered them 7-1

Yeah we drew 1-1 at home, Pikey header at the Grange and I just remember the surge, you had to run forward or you would get trampled! We either lost 3-1 or 2-0 away and I think you're right the Arsenal hammered them! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:17 pm

CP76 wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:

Did I hear someone say grange end surge?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk1UrCx3 ... ata_player

Great surges there, admira wacker was awesome, fans on the pitch too! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:25 pm

CP76 wrote:Feel quite emotional watching that :cry:

Even Polo has emotion, there is still hope for everyone in the world.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:12 am

He oozed class. Yeah, think it was a knee injury. I was in the west bank with my bro and father during the banned away fans on derby day. Remember my father swearing at me to sit the f**k down when we scored.

They all knew we were bluebirds, and made us know when they equalised.
Looking back on the players we've ad. We've only been 1 or 2 short a few times, yet, we never seem to seize the moment!!
How many times r we goin to b the "nearly men"! I've got a feelin no more.
This is our time!! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:28 am

He shone in a poor team in a bad league but he had found his level.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:50 am

Jason was a very good player.. :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:01 am

Admiral Wacka was the strangest trips Ive ever been on, my mate got hit by a bag of pegs thrown from a elderly lady who was pissed off with us Taffs. Anyway he was convinced it was some sort of curse and locked himself in his room, didnt sleep because he thought something was going to get him. Funniest trip ever just watching him freak out, there was no way of reasoning with him that the woman was just annoyed because we had pulled down her clothes line.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:03 am

the royal oak brycethin sponsered a game many years ago. i forget who we played but we were shocking towards the end of the game we were asked who was our man of the match (no one deserved it we were shit) one of the boys said jason fowler, when it was put over the tanoy it was roundly booed by the whole ground :lol:
those were the days

Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 am

CP76 wrote:Feel quite emotional watching that :cry:

and me, best days ever

and the bastards have taken it away

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:35 am

10 minutes of class in 25 years of dross :lol:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:38 am

Think he went to torquay didn't he? He was our version of glen hoddle and we underrated him like hoddle was aswel haha.

He had a few injury problems but Gould/cork basically forced him out. Don't know if anyone can remember or find it, but I'm sure the echo had a story from cork? Stating that we had to many tallented players who were happy to sit in the resverves and pick up a wage without playing first team football, then fowler left a couple of days after that.

Quality player though and hope he's passing on his skills to the kids!

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Enjoyed that. Some good memories. That's the kind of thing the club should get on the tvs down the ground.

Is it me or did we seem to score much more goals from outside the box them days?