Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky Mackay Targeting Five More Summer Signings!

Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:54 am

CARDIFF CITY manager Malky Mackay is hoping up to five more signings will join the Bluebirds this summer, but has warned fans things could go to the wire.

Mackay has already added goalkeeper Joe Lewis and midfielder Jordon Mutch to his squad, but he still hopes to significantly boost that number come the close of the transfer window on August 31.

And Mackay has urged patience among Cardiff fans, suggesting it may well be the end of next month before he has captured his major targets.

“Of course you’d like everyone in by the start of the season, but the way things are that will not be the case and it’s the same at every club,” said Mackay.

“It could go right up to the deadline. It’s not ideal, but that’s the way it goes so I would urge a bit of patience from our supporters.

“Myself and my recruitment team are working tirelessly to bring in the players we want and there are plenty of irons in the fire right now.”

The signing of defender Richard Keogh from Coventry is going favourably for the Bluebirds, who have tabled an offer of £750,000 for the 25-year-old centre-half or right-back.

The club is also monitoring the situation with hometown hero Craig Bellamy at Liverpool.

Bluebirds’ chief executive Alan Whitely has already stated his desire to see the 32-year-old Wales international back at Cardiff.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -31338263/

Re: Malky Mackay Targeting Five More Summer Signings!

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:17 am

yeah right ,once they've all passed there malky exams !!!

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:28 am

d20 wrote:yeah right ,once they've all passed there malky exams !!!

Thought Malky urged patience :) and last Summer's signings seemed to do okay for us overall! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:31 am

Get on with it malky!

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:31 am

Meeting all of malkays requirements to become a cardiff city player must be harder than getting through selection for the SAS!

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:37 am

Its getting tedious now Malky. Pull your finger out.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:41 am

[quote="Overthemoon"]CARDIFF CITY manager Malky Mackay is hoping up to five more signings will join the Bluebirds this summer, but has warned fans things could go to the wire.

“Of course you’d like everyone in by the start of the season, but the way things are that will not be the case and it’s the same at every club,” said Mackay.

I don't think that is the case. a lot of business has been done already with 52 players joining Championship clubs since the end of last season. There are quite a few clubs with 5 signings, more with 4 signings and a lot with 3 signings. Sometimes if you leave things late you miss out and this can be supported with the loss of Noone & Sordel , etc last season. Lets hope some come in sooner rather than later (striker & wingers). :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:01 pm

wish he'd just keep on with working with targets rather than always taking time to have an interview saying 'we got money, but we might not sign them until the deadline is close'... pull your finger out malky :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:34 pm

Noone
Sean Murray
Richard Keogh
Zac Thompson
Bellamy

Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Targeting signings is one thing - sealing the deal is another :old:

Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:04 pm

The number he wants is respectable and the right one. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:17 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85510 :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:26 pm

From Facebook

post · Share · 18 minutes ago

Neil Courtney
Then they'll need to be A grade- better than the current crop , I'll exclude Bellers as his start rate wont match that ! That team needs more than five - X 2 defenders , X 2 wide , X 1 creative centrally plus @ least one up top !

Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:30 pm

5 more signings just like the other 5 we lost. Get real chaps, there are no signings unless they are free, it will more than likely be some loanees in the january transfer window. :(

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:44 pm

I predict we'll sign Keogh... and that's it :old:

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:19 am

I agree he will target 5 wait until August 31st and miss out