Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Huddersfield Sign...

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Adam Clayton from Leeds.

Not a bad player and someone we should keep an eye on first game of the season.

Re: Huddersfield Sign...

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:11 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Adam Clayton from Leeds.

f**k all these good players are going to clubs in our league, think we'll be playing catch up tbh unless Malky has already got the players he wants in talks!... hope they will unveil them soon if he has! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:12 pm

Yet another impressive signing by Huddersfield. Oliver Norwood, Sean Scannell, Paul Dixon and now Adam Clayton!!! Wouldn't be suprised to see them challenge for a place in the Playoffs, especially if they keep hold of Jordan Rhodes!!! Gonna be a tough opening game!!!

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:17 pm

SeanJr wrote:

Yet another impressive signing by Huddersfield. Oliver Norwood, Sean Scannell, Paul Dixon and now Adam Clayton!!! Wouldn't be suprised to see them challenge for a place in the Playoffs, especially if they keep hold of Jordan Rhodes!!! Gonna be a tough opening game!!!

Spot on Sean :ayatollah: - Huddersfield have made some good signings to date.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Half decent midfield they got now not as good and experienced as ours plus they prob got a shit defence which we will tear apart with our new attacking talent, f**k um! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:22 pm

cakey-8t7 wrote:Half decent midfield they got now not as good and experienced as ours plus they prob got a shit defence which we will tear apart with our new attacking talent, f**k um! :ayatollah:

i like the optimism :ayatollah: need some wingers and some strikers 1st of all though :lol:

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:24 pm

They have gone about their buisness well. Grayson and the board have acted quickly :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:36 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:They have gone about their buisness well. Grayson and the board have acted quickly :ayatollah:

exactly what we should be doing!

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:39 pm

SeanJr wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Yet another impressive signing by Huddersfield. Oliver Norwood, Sean Scannell, Paul Dixon and now Adam Clayton!!! Wouldn't be suprised to see them challenge for a place in the Playoffs.

May be good signings for a club coming up a division but let's be honest, if they were our signings come the start of the season we wouldn't be too impressed.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Wayne S wrote:
SeanJr wrote:
BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Yet another impressive signing by Huddersfield. Oliver Norwood, Sean Scannell, Paul Dixon and now Adam Clayton!!! Wouldn't be suprised to see them challenge for a place in the Playoffs.

May be good signings for a club coming up a division but let's be honest, if they were our signings come the start of the season we wouldn't be too impressed.

good point, i wouldnt be! :lol: i'd be happy with Clayton, but not the rest!

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:44 pm

SeanJr wrote:

Shout Sean. If they can keep hold of the Rhodes and Danny Ward I think they can punch on.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:47 pm

I wouldnt be suprised if their fighting around automatics positions during the season.
Eg like Brighton at the start of the season. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:55 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I wouldnt be suprised if their fighting around automatics positions during the season.

Spoilt it

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:57 pm

CP76 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I wouldnt be suprised if their fighting around automatics positions during the season.

Spoilt it

I do enjoy it when people cant let you have an opinion.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:59 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Spoilt it

I do enjoy it when people cant let you have an opinion.

you can. my opinion is you overcooked the praise snwker boy.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:15 pm

I didnt over cook it. Its realistic.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:37 pm

good signing and a fab bass-player... ;)

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:39 am

Not a new signing but Alan Lee has signed a 1 year contract with the club -

http://www.clubcall.com/huddersfield-to ... 44816.html

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:52 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Not a new signing but Alan Lee has signed a 1 year contract with the club -

Would love to see him play at the CCS, all the attributes to be a good striker but seemed to lack everything.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:41 am

2blue2handle wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Not a new signing but Alan Lee has signed a 1 year contract with the club -

Would love to see him play at the CCS, all the attributes to be a good striker but seemed to lack everything.

:lol:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:44 am

Karl wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

True tho :lol:

Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:50 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Karl wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

True tho :lol:

I liked Alan Lee. When I saw him for the first time when we played at Rotherham in our first ever game in the Championship I thought he was the best player on the park.

Just didn't cut it with us unfortunately.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:33 pm

Here is another player they are looking at to sign -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... an-1163556

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:54 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Here is another player they are looking at to sign -

Never understood the fuss with this guy tbh

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 pm

CP76 wrote:

I agree with you CP76 - was on DJ wanted list when he was here.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:00 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
CP76 wrote:

I agree with you CP76 - was on DJ wanted list when he was here.

Glad we missed out tbh.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Another one signed by Huddersfield -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18984116

Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:58 pm

It's going to be a tough opener.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:12 pm

we need to buck our ideas up and sign some players... People on here saying theres plenty of time until the window shuts... yeah it maybe right but we need players now to start the pre season games together. its getting embarassing how much we mess about trying to sign players!!!!

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:08 pm

Plenty of positive for Grayson

Huddersfield Town, 23:50, July 29, 2012

Huddersfield manager Simon Grayson has been impressed by his side during their recent pre-season friendlies.

Goals from Lee Novak and summer signing Sean Scannell helped the Terriers secure a 2-2 draw against Hibernian on Saturday and Grayson is delighted by his players' progress.
"It was a good game. I thought in the first half that we played some very good stuff rounded off with two excellent goals," Grayson told the club's official website.
"In terms of the general organisation and shape of the team, I was impressed and it is good to see our fitness levels improving match by match.
"We were up against a team who start their league campaign next week so there were plenty of positives to take from the game and other things that we still need to work on. Our tactical play will develop over the next couple of weeks.
"We made a lot of substitutions at half time so we lost out flow slightly, but there were plenty of good individual performances. The week in general has gone well for us up in Scotland. I'm delighted with the outcome."