Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Earnie/Gerrard/Keinan & Taiwo '

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:14 pm

' Earnie/Gerrard/Keinan & Taiwo '

Some how Malky has to offload these players as they dont figure in Malky's plans.

Their total wages are well over £30,000 a week.

We have already off loaded at least 6 players including giving back Lawrence on £20,000, total wages saving of at least £50,000 a week.

So in total Malky can save at least £80,000 a week.

Well over £4mill a year.

This is already an excellent start for Malky, without including the extra budget Tan has promised him.

So we should def be stronger on the pitch this season and these players will be all Malky's signings.

And everyone rem this.

Last season we were still paying DJ £760,000 for the season, Terry Burton £250,000 for the season and Wilkinson £100,000 for the season.

Re: ' Earnie/Gerrard/Keinan & Taiwo '

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' Earnie/Gerrard/Keinan & Taiwo '

Some how Malky has to offload these players as they dont figure in Malky's plans.

We have already off loaded at least 6 players including giving back Lawrence on £20,000, total wages saving of at least £50,000 a week.

Well over £4mill a year.

This is already an excellent start for Malky, without including the extra budget Tan has promised him.

So we should def be stronger on the pitch this season and these players will be all Malky's signings.

And everyone rem this.

Last season we were still paying DJ £760,000 for the season, Terry Burton £250,000 for the season and Wilkinson £100,000 for the season.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:18 pm

With that kind of saving.....then bring Bellers back and get a deal done :D

Didn't know Lawrence was on £20,000 mind :twisted: ........Didn't really impress me when he was here, and for £20,000 we've better on the bench :shock:

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Well over £4mill a year.

Lawrence was on 20k?!?! Thought you said 11k :shock: Even 11k is too much)

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:20 pm

Just heard earnie going to Celtic

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Well over £4mill a year.

Elliot, I have always said £20,000 a week for Lawrence, I said the other day I would not want to pay him more than £7,000 a week if he came back.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:22 pm

but where are these new players annis we seem to be miles behind on transfers again hope im wrong ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:22 pm

I assume all four players are still under contract at City. If that's the case, all four will probably have to take a cut in wages if they move to another club. They could therefore decide to sit tight until their contracts run out!

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Well over £4mill a year.

Elliot, I have always said £20,000 a week for Lawrence, I said the other day I would not want to pay him more than £7,000 a week if he came back.

£20k, you've gotta laugh. :lol:

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:23 pm

Well over £4mill a year.

If we do end up signing Lawrence, i think a wage of £7k/£8k per week should be given for his ability and age. yes he had flourishes during his time with us, but £20k a week is way too much IMO

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Im sure i read on wiki yesterday that taiwo is listed as having been released by cardiff?

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm pretty sure we were paying 18k of Lawrence's 20k a week when we had him on loan. Also, I've been told Earnie is on 13k a week. Gerrard and Keinan are probably on close to 10k a week each. We got Keinan from Blackpool and he's an Israel international, so he wouldn't have joined us unless we offered him a decent wage. I'm not sure about Taiwo, but I would say with those 4 players, I would estimate we would be saving around 35k a week.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:34 pm

DITH80 wrote:I assume all four players are still under contract at City. If that's the case, all four will probably have to take a cut in wages if they move to another club. They could therefore decide to sit tight until their contracts run out!

That is the big worry Malky has. City had to pay part of Parkins wages to off load him at £9,000 a week.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:37 pm

We only had to pay Lawrence for a few months so I'd class him more as a short term expense than a saving.

Getting the likes of naylor and Quinn off the wage bill is good news as they were dead money.

If we can lose Gerrard, Keinan, Taiwo and just bring in 1 CB we are looking stronger.

I honestly believe with MM in charge we can massively improve the squad while reducing the monthly outgoings if we needed to.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:We only had to pay Lawrence for a few months so I'd class him more as a short term expense than a saving.

Getting the likes of naylor and Quinn off the wage bill is good news as they were dead money.

If we can lose Gerrard, Keinan, Taiwo and just bring in 1 CB we are looking stronger.

I honestly believe with MM in charge we can massively improve the squad while reducing the monthly outgoings if we needed to.

Yet, people still want Bellamy back.

People may disagree with me, but I dont want Bellamy back, not because hes a quality player, but his wage demands would be quite high. I believe fans should put the welfare of our club first......we need to be living by our own means.

I can see us getting a few more youngsters of a similar callibre to Joe Mason, where wage demands are much lower. That would be ideal for us.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DITH80 wrote:I assume all four players are still under contract at City. If that's the case, all four will probably have to take a cut in wages if they move to another club. They could therefore decide to sit tight until their contracts run out!

That is the big worry Malky has. City had to pay part of Parkins wages to off load him at £9,000 a week.

In that case the club will have to do the same with these four. The last think that MM will want are disgruntled and dissatisfied players at the club.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:49 pm

DITH80 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

In that case the club will have to do the same with these four. The last think that MM will want are disgruntled and dissatisfied players at the club.

I think your right and its the only way Malky can get the squad he wants and are all his own.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DITH80 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I think your right and its the only way Malky can get the squad he wants and are all his own.

I dont think we will have a problem with Gerrard and Earnie - the bigger worries will be Keinan and Tawio

Anyone know how much Tawio is on?

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DITH80 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It will be interesting to see how many of the four he'll take to Switzerland, assuming they haven't been moved on by then.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:04 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:We only had to pay Lawrence for a few months so I'd class him more as a short term expense than a saving.

Yet, people still want Bellamy back.

People may disagree with me, but I dont want Bellamy back, not because hes a quality player, but his wage demands would be quite high. I believe fans should put the welfare of our club first......we need to be living by our own means.

I can see us getting a few more youngsters of a similar callibre to Joe Mason, where wage demands are much lower. That would be ideal for us.

I would still get Bellamy back if possible. The revenue a player like him can bring and also the quality is unique to this division.

The debt will rise no matter what but I think if we can make use of the wage bill better the squad can be massively improved.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:06 pm

DITH80 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
DITH80 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It will be interesting to see how many of the four he'll take to Switzerland, assuming they haven't been moved on by then.

Yes that will be interesting to see.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Its one of the many curses of football today. Once you sign players on big wages and they don't work out then nobody will take them for the same money. Sad that they would rather rot in the reserves than take a wage cut to move on but it seems that money rules above pride and ambition

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:33 pm

i think taiwo can just be paid off, gerrard we may aswell take a couple of hundred grand for.. and im sure we could also off load keinan for a small fee..

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Although we probably all agree that we need quality wingers and strikers as a priority, with Naylor and Quinn already having left and clearly Gerrard and Kienan surplus to requirements, we also need at least three new defenders.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:48 pm

Earnie allegedly failed a medical at Chesterfield yesterday, cruciate ligaments? Deal was to have been £8k a week!!!

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:48 pm

DITH80 wrote:Although we probably all agree that we need quality wingers and strikers as a priority, with Naylor and Quinn already having left and clearly Gerrard and Kienan surplus to requirements, we also need at least three new defenders.

Not sure I agree, just means Blake comes in more.

1 CB and 1 Vers fullback max and if that's if all mentioned go.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:00 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
DITH80 wrote:Although we probably all agree that we need quality wingers and strikers as a priority, with Naylor and Quinn already having left and clearly Gerrard and Kienan surplus to requirements, we also need at least three new defenders.

To be a force next season MM will be intent on having strength in depth in all positions. Allowing for a couple of injuries and loss of form I really don't think that seven defenders is sufficient.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:05 pm

DITH80 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

To be a force next season MM will be intent on having strength in depth in all positions. Allowing for a couple of injuries and loss of form I really don't think that seven defenders is sufficient.

Why most are versatile.
Blake would be used more and get more game time but...
How often were the back up of Gerrard, Keinan, Quinn, naylor used last season? Very minimally and a huge drain on the wage.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Do we have any youngsters coming through the ranks who could do a job in defence as back up?

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
DITH80 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Why most are versatile.
Blake would be used more and get more game time but...
How often were the back up of Gerrard, Keinan, Quinn, naylor used last season? Very minimally and a huge drain on the wage.

Apart from Gerrard and Naylor once, very little, but that was because MM didn't rate any of them. I think there was time when MacNaughton needed to be rested but he was also reluctant to us Blake. Anyway it will be interesting to see how MM sees it. After all he's the guy that's geting payed big bucks to sort it!