Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

AVB to be named Spurs boss

Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:47 am

Twitter is in melt down, AVB to be named within the hour

Re: AVB to be named Spurs boss

Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:29 pm

Shame that. Ive always enjoyed watching Spurs but cant stand AVBs arrogance which is built on very little foundation.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:03 pm

An incredible decision. AVB fails with Chelsea with a better squad than Spurs because of communication problems. I would have appointed someone like Slavan Bilic who with his tactical know how, would have got that current Spurs squad pushing on even further. But AVB? Completely baffling!

Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:30 pm

thing is mind he was never given a chance at chelsea due to the ego of some of the players who would,nt listen to him and they've done it to more than one manager ,so we'll see how he does ,i know he won a uefa cup and title so guess he cant be that bad ,hope he does well really just to show those chelsea players up a little.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:45 pm

d20 wrote:thing is mind he was never given a chance at chelsea due to the ego of some of the players who would,nt listen to him and they've done it to more than one manager ,so we'll see how he does ,i know he won a uefa cup and title so guess he cant be that bad ,hope he does well really just to show those chelsea players up a little.

I agree. Terry and Lampard had a strop because he wanted to change the team into a more youthful one and to build for the future.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:38 pm

AVB wasn't great at Chelsea but he did a phenomenal job at Porto.

I'd have gone for Slaven Bilic over him though.

I think Spurs will finish mid table - especially if Modric leaves :old:

Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:46 pm

He was more successful at Porto than Mourinho was, was he not?

Invincibles, Europa League, Domestic Cups etc. Chelsea was a gamble on his career in a doomed job. Too much player power there, but with Spurs he has a very similar squad like Porto. No egos he can't control due to legend status at the club and a 70m transfer kitty.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Did well at Porto. Scoff.

Whatever next Neil Lennon for the Man U job cos he done well at Celtic.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:07 pm

he wasnt giving a fair chance at chelski, few signings was made in place before he came, only signed 2 or 3 of his own players and shown the door after todays professionals and thier egos.

I guess thats the way football is these days.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:28 pm

citybluechris wrote:he wasnt giving a fair chance at chelski, few signings was made in place before he came, only signed 2 or 3 of his own players and shown the door after todays professionals and thier egos.

Nothing to do with him freezing out their best players then?

Or playing a high line with a slow defence?

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:40 pm

CP76 wrote:
citybluechris wrote:he wasnt giving a fair chance at chelski, few signings was made in place before he came, only signed 2 or 3 of his own players and shown the door after todays professionals and thier egos.

different managers play with different styles of play, freezing out thier best players could be down to the fact they didnt work out in his style of play and probably wanted to shift a few players and get his type of players in, when u freeze lampard etc who is still a good player was always going to cause problems but he did it and payed the price, still stand by he didnt have a fair chance but i know what you are saying.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:49 pm

citybluechris wrote:
CP76 wrote:

different managers play with different styles of play, freezing out thier best players could be down to the fact they didnt work out in his style of play and probably wanted to shift a few players and get his type of players in, when u freeze lampard etc who is still a good player was always going to cause problems but he did it and payed the price, still stand by he didnt have a fair chance but i know what you are saying.

Mayve he deserved longer but history now tells us getting rid was the right choice.

Drogba was main reason they won cup and CL abd he was being frozen out.

His arrogance towards the press didnt help either. Didnt have the charisna of Jose to carry it off.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:57 pm

CP76 wrote:
citybluechris wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Mayve he deserved longer but history now tells us getting rid was the right choice.

Drogba was main reason they won cup and CL abd he was being frozen out.

His arrogance towards the press didnt help either. Didnt have the charisna of Jose to carry it off.

100% agree trying to be to much like jose, Todays football all about results, if the run we had with malky end of season he could of had the chop aswell, cant wait see who we get and way malky will set players to play, hope to god no hoofball :lol:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:47 am

So he's sold the player next in line for the captains armband namely Dawson, and now he's sent huddlestone out on loan, he is certainly stamping his authority at Spurs! He has also stopped Modric training with the squad

He is either 'the next big thing'

Or

A fecking loony

I suspect the latter.....

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:58 am

I had the radio on yesterday and the phone in was about Spurs, the fans are sharpening the knives already...

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:01 am

scotsjack wrote:I had the radio on yesterday and the phone in was about Spurs, the fans are sharpening the knives already...

Talksport I assume. Knives are already in his back. Did you hear the Everton fan on the Drive show singing about Fellaini (sounded like a hillbilly from deep south USA)

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:03 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
scotsjack wrote:I had the radio on yesterday and the phone in was about Spurs, the fans are sharpening the knives already...

Talksport I assume. Knives are already in his back. Did you hear the Everton fan on the Drive show singing about Fellaini (sounded like a hillbilly from deep south USA)

:lol: Yep, that's the one.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:16 am

scotsjack wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

:lol: Yep, that's the one.

I had that on in the car on way to Brighton. My boys and i were pissing ourselves.