Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Having a discussion in pub last night about

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Gay sportsmen obviously Justin Fashanu and Gareth Thomas, but we were talking about how secretive it seems to be, and how there is very little outing etc?

Re: Having a discussion in pub last night about

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:29 pm

cheers.

I had a chat last nigt about tawny owls and their great hunting skills.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:30 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:Gay sportsmen obviously Justin Fashanu and Gareth Thomas, but we were talking about how secretive it seems to be, and how there is very little outing etc?

Do it matter to the fans?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:31 pm

RoathMagic wrote:cheers.

I had a chat last nigt about tawny owls and their great hunting skills.

Their hunting skills are so good, it keeps them alive. :D

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Obviously not you pleb Just a discussion

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Was you in the kings x.lol :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Lol no :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:04 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:Gay sportsmen obviously Justin Fashanu and Gareth Thomas, but we were talking about how secretive it seems to be, and how there is very little outing etc?

Im pretty sure the FA told them not to come out and I dont blame them the amount of abuse they would get from it all not just from fans either

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:07 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:

Im pretty sure the FA told them not to come out and I dont blame them the amount of abuse they would get from it all not just from fans either

I agree the abuse would be appalling

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:10 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Its why I respect Gareth Thomas so much to come out in such a homophobic enviroment.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:13 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Its why I respect Gareth Thomas so much to come out in such a homophobic enviroment.

I totally agree must have been a difficult decision to make, total respect

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:20 pm

It took many years to try and eradicate racism from sport surely it can be acheived for homophobia, but how long do you think it will take?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:04 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:It took many years to try and eradicate racism from sport surely it can be acheived for homophobia, but how long do you think it will take?

if a player comes out it could cause probs within the team.some lads may not want to shower next to their gay team mate.i,m not saying it,s right i,m stating an obvious potential problem

Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:12 pm

jtc wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:It took many years to try and eradicate racism from sport surely it can be acheived for homophobia, but how long do you think it will take?

if a player comes out it could cause probs within the team.some lads may not want to shower next to their gay team mate.i,m not saying it,s right i,m stating an obvious potential problem

Exactlly there are still problems in the real world with homophobia which need to be stopped before it can move on to areas such as sport. If a player comes out soon it would make a major difference and will probablly lead the way to alot of players coming out. Who was that journo who stated that there were quite a few premier league players that were gay?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:36 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
jtc wrote:

Exactlly there are still problems in the real world with homophobia which need to be stopped before it can move on to areas such as sport. If a player comes out soon it would make a major difference and will probablly lead the way to alot of players coming out. Who was that journo who stated that there were quite a few premier league players that were gay?

there are bound to be a few prem players who are gay.the problem is that as much as its the players right to say i,m gay it would be also in his teammates right to say i don,t want to shower with you.i agree it might help the other gay players if say two came out but tbh i would reckon some of gay players in the prem now would be known to some of the others.maybe it,s a bit like the 70s,80,s actors.people knew some where gay but that was the end of it.don,t forget gays want equality .so having people know but not abuse them and have their work mates respect them well thats equality in my eyes.same terms and conditions as hetrosexuals .could be that some of the alleged gay players wouldn,t want to be all graham norton.they might be happy the way it is

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:06 pm

In this day and age I don't think many teammates would care.
As long as they don't preten to drop the soap every Saturday.

I think the problem would be fans. Mostly away fans and we all know fans will use anything against a player, even fans who ain't homophobic would use it, for "banter".

Home fans generally I think would accept (not all obviously) it and support a player.
What's quite said is I think the level of support he would get from home fans would depend on his form, which is sad really.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:09 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

So you respect a man who knows he's gay yet married a women and has children with her only to walk away from them after he comes out!!! Sorry but thats most selfishness in my eyes

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Angry Man wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

So you respect a man who knows he's gay yet married a women and has children with her only to walk away from them after he comes out!!! Sorry but thats most selfishness in my eyes

Dont you think is hard for a man in such heterosexual enviroment though? He married her thinking he could lie to himself and be a heterosexual man. He has stated he does love her but he is not straight.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:17 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

Dont you think is hard for a man in such heterosexual enviroment though? He married her thinking he could lie to himself and be a heterosexual man. He has stated he does love her but he is not straight.

Rubbish, the guy seen that it done to the likes of Fashanu and he wanted to protect himself. Selfish in my book

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Im pretty sure the FA told them not to come out and I dont blame them the amount of abuse they would get from it all not just from fans either[/quote]

I agree the abuse would be appalling[/quote]

Its why I respect Gareth Thomas so much to come out in such a homophobic enviroment.[/quote]

So you respect a man who knows he's gay yet married a women and has children with her only to walk away from them after he comes out!!! Sorry but thats most selfishness in my eyes[/quote]

Dont you think is hard for a man in such heterosexual enviroment though? He married her thinking he could lie to himself and be a heterosexual man. He has stated he does love her but he is not straight.[/quote]

Rubbish, the guy seen that it done to the likes of Fashanu and he wanted to protect himself. Selfish in my book[/quote]

You're book is shit.
You seem to proclaim on here you are whiter than white.

Get humble now and again and get of that high horse FFS!

Rant over. (for a min or 2 anyway) :D