Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Euro 2012 Final thread 4 NIL

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:51 pm

Aramore wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
Aramore wrote:Now to hear the media ram down our throats how good Spain are.

Clearly technically amazing but I would stop going down the city if we ever played anything like they do.

Incredibly negative football that achieves nothing.

Absolutely hate it.

Sure?

Yes I am sure.

They play with ten men behind the ball when they don't have it and then pass it amongst themselves for about ten minutes before even considering an attacking move.

Then when they make the attacking move they end up passing it into the box then out again because they value possession more than goals.

They starve the game of anything remotely competitive by making it impossible for the other team to have the ball.

Whats the point at the end of the day of football?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:53 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
CantonJack wrote:

Clearly technically amazing but I would stop going down the city if we ever played anything like they do.

Absolutely hate it.

Sure?

Yes I am sure.

They play with ten men behind the ball when they don't have it and then pass it amongst themselves for about ten minutes before even considering an attacking move.

Then when they make the attacking move they end up passing it into the box then out again because they value possession more than goals.

They starve the game of anything remotely competitive by making it impossible for the other team to have the ball.

To score more goals than the opposition ?? ;)

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:53 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
CantonJack wrote:

Absolutely hate it.

Sure?

Yes I am sure.

The point is to win but realistically it's for entertainment.

People have a go at Chelsea for playing negative football which prevents the opposition from playing their game and rightly so.

but Spain and Barcelona do exactly the same thing but because it's technically better the media wet themselves over it.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:55 pm

Surely a team plays to it strengths.
If you have the ball the other team can't score.
A superb performance by a truly great team.
Probably one of the best teams/squads of all time.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Aramore wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Aramore wrote:
CantonJack wrote:

Absolutely hate it.

Sure?

Yes I am sure.

The point is to win but realistically it's for entertainment.

People have a go at Chelsea for playing negative football which prevents the opposition from playing their game and rightly so.

but Spain and Barcelona do exactly the same thing but because it's technically better the media wet themselves over it.

But they are more entertaining than Chelsea surely. I do agree it can be boring but when they are on form they are unplayable

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:56 pm

spike ferndale wrote:Surely a team plays to it strengths.
If you have the ball the other team can't score.
A superb performance by a truly great team.
Probably one of the best teams/squads of all time.

It's technically brilliant.

But for entertainment value it offers very little.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:57 pm

Spain made "mince meat" of the Italians!.....I'll get my coat. :oops:

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Aramore, what are you saying?
That they should give the ball to the opposition more often to make it more entertaining.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:03 pm

spike ferndale wrote:Aramore, what are you saying?
That they should give the ball to the opposition more often to make it more entertaining.

I'm saying they should have a bit more of a go at it!

Make more of an effort to get into the opponent's box!

It's all well and good passing it around the centre circle for twenty minutes but it doesn't achieve a bloody thing.

When you have the ball for as long as they have it they need to do something about it.

When Man City had all of the ball against QPR they didn't just sit back around the box passing it in circles, they did everything they could to score a goal. Like a team should do.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:04 pm

if this is boring winning as they have by playing possesion football then i would love the city to play this way we would earn promoyion

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:09 pm

pensionerbluebird wrote:if this is boring winning as they have by playing possesion football then i would love the city to play this way we would earn promoyion

Spot on and lets copy them. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pensionerbluebird wrote:if this is boring winning as they have by playing possesion football then i would love the city to play this way we would earn promoyion

Spot on and lets copy them. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Please no.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:23 pm

I thought they were fantastic tonight. To score 4 goals against a good Italy side who only 3 days ago outclassed Germany is pretty good. Their passing was clinical and fantastic as was the running off the ball.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:47 pm

CantonJack wrote:I thought they were fantastic tonight. To score 4 goals against a good Italy side who only 3 days ago outclassed Germany is pretty good. Their passing was clinical and fantastic as was the running off the ball.

Felt sorry for Italy werent getting any decisions from the ref and some bad injuries

Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:02 pm

Boring, Boring, Boring.
Who gives a f**k?
They are the best in the world.
No other team can keep the ball like they do. Spain have youngsters coming in who are just as class.