Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I had a feeling last season....

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:20 pm

That the players Malky signed could make the play-offs, and challenge for promotion.
I wasnt far wrong.

Keogh, Mutch, a winger who will take players on, and a 20 goal a season striker...

We're top two!! :ayatollah:

Keogh looks like he wants to come and we're definitely after him. Kadeem Harris might
just shock a few anyway.

We're very close to having a top top side already lads.

My prediction....

Second

Re: I had a feeling last season....

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:23 pm

The one thing that has stood out the most for me is the fact that defensively we are much much better and don't think we are that far off being a top 2 side. Your right in the fact we need wingers and a striker

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:24 pm

taffyapple wrote:That the players Malky signed could make the play-offs, and challenge for promotion.
I wasnt far wrong.

Keogh, Mutch, a winger who will take players on, and a 20 goal a season striker...

Keogh looks like he wants to come and we're definitely after him. Kadeem Harris might
just shock a few anyway.

My prediction....

Second

from bottom you mean ;)

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:28 pm

We were lucky with injuries last season.

We need more players in the squad in general. Imagine if Whitts had had an injury at any point during last season, we would have been mid table at best if it was a long term injury.

I know we can't replace Whitts but we didn't even have plan Bs in case we didn't have him last season.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:31 pm

I think last year we got worked out by many teams and did not have the tools to kill games off. As we stand I think we are a 6 th - 12th position team.

If we can bring in a decent striker and a couple of wingers then we will get near the top. :ayatollah:

CjBluebird17 wrote:The one thing that has stood out the most for me is the fact that defensively we are much much better and don't think we are that far off being a top 2 side. Your right in the fact we need wingers and a striker

I almost hate saying this but I still have reservations about Hudson. Keogh could be the missing
link. Because I think we shipped far too many goals second half of the season.

So yeh. A classy, pacy winger who can and will take his man on, and a striker who can get us
20 goals.

The Blues are going up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

(sorry, reds :( )

taffyapple wrote:That the players Malky signed could make the play-offs, and challenge for promotion.
I wasnt far wrong.

just shock a few anyway.

My prediction....

Second

The effects of S1D

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
I wasnt far wrong.

just shock a few anyway.

My prediction....

Second

The effects of S1D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: cant argue with that mate :)

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:04 pm

taffyapple wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:The one thing that has stood out the most for me is the fact that defensively we are much much better and don't think we are that far off being a top 2 side. Your right in the fact we need wingers and a striker

I almost hate saying this but I still have reservations about Hudson. Keogh could be the missing

So yeh. A classy, pacy winger who can and will take his man on, and a striker who can get us
20 goals.

basically we need burke back ;) and a stircker who actully scores goals

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:08 pm

taffyapple wrote:

20 goals.

Same I used to hate Hudson but I he has improved alot but he can be shaky at times

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:13 pm

phildavies wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

20 goals.

basically we need burke back ;) and a stircker who actully scores goals

I liked Chris Burke but just dont think he's direct enough sometimes. He'd beat his
man then come back and try do it again. Still, he was superb for Brum, so maybe???

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:21 pm

Keogh is not a good player, slow cumbersome with the turning circle of a double decker bus.

Mutch was accused by many Brum fans of letting the side down last season with his performances.

After Malky's 3 month honeymoon period, the remainder of the season was relegation form.

And now you think we are top 2 with the likes of Forest, Leicester, Blackburn, Birmingham, Bolton, Blackpool, Wolves etc...

deluded isnt the word.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:23 pm

From recollection you also said Craig Conway was the best winger in the division :lol:

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Aramore wrote:We were lucky with injuries last season.

We need more players in the squad in general. Imagine if Whitts had had an injury at any point during last season, we would have been mid table at best if it was a long term injury.

I know we can't replace Whitts but we didn't even have plan Bs in case we didn't have him last season.

How do you know this? we wernt put into this position so how do you know we didnt have a plan b if he was injured? Yes hes our best player really but this is a team game , we had enough to cover him really and with mutch there now aswell id say tht central midfeild is really quite strong. The only areas tht we need to work on is a winger or 2 a striker and a full back to cover.

We have the basis of a very good team, defensivly we are strong, the only position we need to work on really is a full back to challenge taylor and ncnaughton, Central defence is great and we have blake and possible keogh to cover both central defence and fb , Midfeild wise we have hundreds of cetral midfeilders , its only a fast winger we need to provide tht spark, Striker wise i rate miller and mason , but i agree we need one more just to provide good competition and to offer something diffrent. but to those of you who want a 20 goals striker can u suggest anyone as they arnt really tht many out there avalable. to me its always going to be abit of a gamble bringing someone in in that position.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:39 pm

I wasnt far wrong.

just shock a few anyway.

My prediction....

Second

I agree Taff but the squad is far too small to compete, it was our downfall last season.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:39 pm

I think he means we didnt have a plan b in general not just for whitts. And if so hes bang on.

We didnt have a decent plan A most of the time. Dour football to say the least.

Hope the playing style will be adressed as we wont get promoted just playing not to lose. Jan to May was truly awful.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:43 pm

scotty100100 wrote:

How do you know this? we wernt put into this position so how do you know we didnt have a plan b if he was injured? Yes hes our best player really but this is a team game , we had enough to cover him really and with mutch there now aswell id say tht central midfeild is really quite strong. The only areas tht we need to work on is a winger or 2 a striker and a full back to cover.

We have the basis of a very good team, defensivly we are strong, the only position we need to work on really is a full back to challenge taylor and ncnaughton, Central defence is great and we have blake and possible keogh to cover both central defence and fb , Midfeild wise we have hundreds of cetral midfeilders , its only a fast winger we need to provide tht spark, Striker wise i rate miller and mason , but i agree we need one more just to provide good competition and to offer something diffrent. but to those of you who want a 20 goals striker can u suggest anyone as they arnt really tht many out there avalable. to me its always going to be abit of a gamble bringing someone in in that position.

Name a player in the squad that could have reasonably covered for Whitts and performed a job to the same level as he would have in the current formation?

Personally I believe if Whitts was gone we would have had to switched to a different system but even then I don't think we had the players to keep going in a different formation.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:46 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
I wasnt far wrong.

just shock a few anyway.

My prediction....

Second

I agree Taff but the squad is far too small to compete, it was our downfall last season.

I actually think our real problem was that we lacked a cutting edge

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:02 pm

Aramore wrote:
scotty100100 wrote:

Name a player in the squad that could have reasonably covered for Whitts and performed a job to the same level as he would have in the current formation?

Personally I believe if Whitts was gone we would have had to switched to a different system but even then I don't think we had the players to keep going in a different formation.

So your saying our teams shit without witts and if we lost him wed be a average championship team.
What im saying is that witts was a focal point ffor our team and tht at times made us quite predictable. If you have ever played any sport you would know tht if your star player is not there that the other members take up the responsibility. Gunnerson could have become more of a focal point and done the job. You could say the same thing about ever other player , if any of our players was out wed change our style of play slightly to compensate for that. When we have mcphail in the team we play diffrently. How do you know tht gunnerson or cowie or someone would not have help drive the team forward if witts wasnt there. The extra responsibility tht these players would have could give these players a diffrent dimention to their game . think about it if your relying on witts to run the game for yourself then you would just do your job, as there is no need for you to do the same job as witts, We have no one tht can directly replace him and tht is as good as him at what he does but we do have players who can do the job when called upon. Its a team game !!! He makes the team better but he is not the team. look at mason , he thrived and was able to show what he can offer when Miller was injured. there diffrent players and he isnt as complete as miller but he was able to do a good job when called upon as he had more responsibility to get the goals.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:50 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Keogh is not a good player, slow cumbersome with the turning circle of a double decker bus.

Mutch was accused by many Brum fans of letting the side down last season with his performances.

After Malky's 3 month honeymoon period, the remainder of the season was relegation form.

And now you think we are top 2 with the likes of Forest, Leicester, Blackburn, Birmingham, Bolton, Blackpool, Wolves etc...

deluded isnt the word.

FECK OFF JACK

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:53 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Keogh is not a good player, slow cumbersome with the turning circle of a double decker bus.

deluded isnt the word.

FECK OFF JACK

acceptance.

good man.