Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: TLG writes about Rebranding

Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:The man is just a bit too strange and weird for my liking

I don't normally like saying things like that about an individual, but after reading that poem/song?? I couldn't agree more.

It is just so f**king weird

I just think that he's sad, as I've read many of his blog reports and always found them well written and informative, but why he felt the need to spend so much time writing that little ditty, I have no idea!

That is entirely my sentiments, the fella definatley has a split personality.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:14 pm

CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:He'll have a lot more time to write these type of poems, now he's abandoned the club he claims to support!

No abandonment about it. Man sticking to his beliefs. I applaud him and am taking a similair stance myself.

I never said he wasn't sticking to his beliefs or that he wasn't fully entitled to them, but how is not attending matches and walking away from the team that you supposedly support, NOT abandonment? :?

Because the rebranding has made it a different club. The old club has died. If someone dies you are not abandoning them.

Cardiff City Bluebirds 1908-2012. RIP.

It's still the same club.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:17 pm

CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:He'll have a lot more time to write these type of poems, now he's abandoned the club he claims to support!

No abandonment about it. Man sticking to his beliefs. I applaud him and am taking a similair stance myself.

Like what?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:20 pm

It's a pity he didn't feel as strongly and take some action when we organised the march against Peter Ridsdale and the damage he was doing to our club, perhaps being wound up by the HMRC was less upsetting than the change of shirt colour obviously, what was it he suggested when we organised the march, oh yes to write a strongly worded letter.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:21 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Like what?

Not watching Kuala Lumpa Dragons at home masquerading as Cardiff City. The bluebirds.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
CP76 wrote:

I never said he wasn't sticking to his beliefs or that he wasn't fully entitled to them, but how is not attending matches and walking away from the team that you supposedly support, NOT abandonment? :?

Because the rebranding has made it a different club. The old club has died. If someone dies you are not abandoning them.

Cardiff City Bluebirds 1908-2012. RIP.

It's still the same club.

Not to me it isnt

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:38 pm

:!:

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:59 pm

CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote: none of us started following Cardiff City because of the bluebird, or the colour blue!

Speak for yourself by all means pal! But not for me.

Wasn't trying to speak for you butty :) , but are you now saying that you only started following Cardiff City then, because we played in blue and had a Bluebird on our badge? :?

You said "None of us"

And I started following Cardiff because I wanted to be a football hooligan.

So would you have not started following Cardiff as a football hooligan, had we played in a different colour? :?

Probably not.

My career as a hooligan had f**k all to do with the colour shirt we were wearing.

It was the Stella and the yeyo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: