Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My view on this whole Craig Bellamy scenario.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:10 pm

This is my opinion on how I see things with CB & MM:-

I just get this feeling that Malky doesn't really want to include Bellers in his squad. I mean let's cut a long story short. At the end of the transfer window last season, it was apparent we put a sly bid in for CB just at the end of the season, followed by CB going public to the BBC that "Cardiff didn't try hard enough to sign me up". Did MM fear he would try to disrupt the team? I mean we know CB is defo a big presence in the dressing room, would he also try to manage the team?
Let's take a different perspective. We know when MM is questioned in the press about CB. It's usually positive & usually about how they played together. I get the feeling that behind the scenes he thinks he's a c**t! You know, nice as pie to his face back in the day & to the present day. But then behind his back he's a chopsy fooker!
Lastly it seems we are making it extremely difficult for CB to join us. Every time it looks possible, the goalposts move! I don't know if anyone agrees with this but I can't help but get this vibe.one thing is for sure it'll be interesting to see how it pans out. As I'm a big fan of the Bellamy! :ayatollah:

Re: My view on this whole Craig Bellamy scenario.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:52 am

Chip shop Alley wrote:This is my opinion on how I see things with CB & MM:-

I just get this feeling that Malky doesn't really want to include Bellers in his squad. I mean let's cut a long story short. At the end of the transfer window last season, it was apparent we put a sly bid in for CB just at the end of the season, followed by CB going public to the BBC that "Cardiff didn't try hard enough to sign me up". Did MM fear he would try to disrupt the team? I mean we know CB is defo a big presence in the dressing room, would he also try to manage the team?
Let's take a different perspective. We know when MM is questioned in the press about CB. It's usually positive & usually about how they played together. I get the feeling that behind the scenes he thinks he's a c**t! You know, nice as pie to his face back in the day & to the present day. But then behind his back he's a chopsy fooker!
Lastly it seems we are making it extremely difficult for CB to join us. Every time it looks possible, the goalposts move! I don't know if anyone agrees with this but I can't help but get this vibe.one thing is for sure it'll be interesting to see how it pans out. As I'm a big fan of the Bellamy! :ayatollah:

in my opinion its all about price, he doesnt want to go all out and sign bellamy when the cost of his wages , signing on fee , transfer cost etc would be equivalant to getting 2 or 3 good championship players on say 15k a week . Its all about balance , if he can get him at a good price tht will not effect the rest of his transfer plans then yes hell go get him, if not then its just going to cost the club more in the long run. He wont garentee promotion no one can, so its sometimes best not to put all your eggs into one basket.