Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Why no Swans players in the England team

Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:58 pm

and who gives a f**ck about swans players?? over rated and over there! :lol: is best way to describe them!!!!
wonder who has most international players in team??? ccfc or you?? :D

Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:05 pm

llan bluebird wrote:The originator of this debate Ferdinand is a bitter ageing player who has been told all his career he is the greatest centre half in the world and can't accept he is no longer the captain forget about not being in the squad.

The Swansea comment is disingenuous, if he was on a selection panel he wouldn't have picked Sinclair over Young, Brittan over Carrick, Milner of the Champions for Dyer; Graham for Wellbeck the list goes on. He is just having a temper tantrum making all sorts of daft comments.

I work with a few bright Jacks who are concerned the advantage they had last season has been taken away, with the exposure of this possession tactic they use. They are not Barca, but the tactic has caught out a few "lazy" premier league teams, it won't be the same next season (Rodger knew this).
Wimbledon and Sheff united caught teams out for a few seasons when they played totally the opposite in the 80's (long ball to a team of 6'2" monsters) but were soon sussed.

So despite playing exactly the same way for 5 years it will only be next year that clubs with the most sophisticated and hi tec analysis teams in the world will have "worked us out"?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:12 pm

roy was never going to be radical before the euro,s.made us hard to beat and achieved in 3weeks and 2 friendlies as much as capello and sven did in all the years they tried..last 8.in the future i,d be hoping he would take a look at players from outside the big clubs.why shouldn,t the jack players at least be watched?if he likes what he see,s them play them in a friendly.the attitude of the players in question is spot on for their club so i,t wouldn,t harm any international team would it.?just a question if they can step up a gear.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:21 pm

jackf wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:The originator of this debate Ferdinand is a bitter ageing player who has been told all his career he is the greatest centre half in the world and can't accept he is no longer the captain forget about not being in the squad.

The Swansea comment is disingenuous, if he was on a selection panel he wouldn't have picked Sinclair over Young, Brittan over Carrick, Milner of the Champions for Dyer; Graham for Wellbeck the list goes on. He is just having a temper tantrum making all sorts of daft comments.

I work with a few bright Jacks who are concerned the advantage they had last season has been taken away, with the exposure of this possession tactic they use. They are not Barca, but the tactic has caught out a few "lazy" premier league teams, it won't be the same next season (Rodger knew this).
Wimbledon and Sheff united caught teams out for a few seasons when they played totally the opposite in the 80's (long ball to a team of 6'2" monsters) but were soon sussed.

So despite playing exactly the same way for 5 years it will only be next year that clubs with the most sophisticated and hi tec analysis teams in the world will have "worked us out"?

Most Premiership sides are arrogant. They'll have seen Swansea were only playing league2 ten seasons ago and would have expected them to be a soft touch and the next derby.

The won't make that mistake again.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:37 pm

Aramore wrote:
jackf wrote:

Most Premiership sides are arrogant. They'll have seen Swansea were only playing league2 ten seasons ago and would have expected them to be a soft touch and the next derby.

I agree with that to a certain point.However you'd have thought we'd have been sussed out after playing sides the first time in the season,wouldn't you?That was far from the case though,as we went on to beat Man City,Arsenal and Liverpool the second time we played them.

I also think that Rodgers leaving might not be such a bad thing after all.Second season syndrome usually strikes when the side in question choose to continue in the same vein that they left off on and then get found out.Laudrup will have his own fresh ideas,which again will surprise sides playing us.He'll also bring fresh faces in too and the players touted thus far are all unknown quantities so im expecting another great season.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:45 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
Aramore wrote:
jackf wrote:

I agree with that to a certain point.However you'd have thought we'd have been sussed out after playing sides the first time in the season,wouldn't you?That was far from the case though,as we went on to beat Man City,Arsenal and Liverpool the second time we played them.

I also think that Rodgers leaving might not be such a bad thing after all.Second season syndrome usually strikes when the side in question choose to continue in the same vein that they left off on and then get found out.Laudrup will have his own fresh ideas,which again will surprise sides playing us.He'll also bring fresh faces in too and the players touted thus far are all unknown quantities so im expecting another great season.

The thing is you were hammered by Man City first time, Arsenal scraped a win against you and Liverpool were so poor at home a draw against a newly promoted side was par for the course.

And it wasn't until Norwich beat you at the Liberty that any team had truly stopped you playing your game at home. By that time I think you'd played most of the big sides at home hadn't you?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Leon Britton the Xavi of the PL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both midgets with black hair. Thats where the similarities end.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:13 pm

CP76 wrote:Leon Britton the Xavi of the PL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jason Perry is a CCFC legend. Therefore we win all arguments ever on any topic.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:17 pm

jackf wrote:
CP76 wrote:Leon Britton the Xavi of the PL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jason Perry is a CCFC legend. Therefore we win all arguments ever on any topic.

:lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:21 pm

I would love to see Leon "Xavi" Britton's passing stats for passing into attacking positions and the area on the pitch where most passes are made

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:39 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:I would love to see Leon "Xavi" Britton's passing stats for passing into attacking positions and the area on the pitch where most passes are made

That was joe and sigys job. You do understand his role dont you?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:59 pm

jackf wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:I would love to see Leon "Xavi" Britton's passing stats for passing into attacking positions and the area on the pitch where most passes are made

Oh I understand but with people comparing him to xavi I would have assumed he filled the same role surely not just passing it between him and the back four. Its easy to keep your passing stats up if you only got to aim for a man 5 yards near you

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:01 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
jackf wrote:

Oh I understand but with people comparing him to xavi I would have assumed he filled the same role surely not just passing it between him and the back four. Its easy to keep your passing stats up if you only got to aim for a man 5 yards near you

So you think his only role is to pass it 5 yards?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:07 pm

jackf wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
jackf wrote:

No I get that its too keep possession and to play as a holding midfielder but when people start spouting that he's the Xavi of the EPL and how great his passing stats are they need to be taken with a pinch of salt

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:46 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
jackf wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
jackf wrote:

No I get that its too keep possession and to play as a holding midfielder but when people start spouting that he's the Xavi of the EPL and how great his passing stats are they need to be taken with a pinch of salt

A pinch? Try handful :D

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Oddly enough,no one in Swansea says he'sthe Xavi of the Premier League.It just makes us smile to hear it.We're not deluded see but very realistic and grounded ;)

You have to thank the MOTD pundits and football journalists for that little quip.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:11 pm

6 bysedd wrote:Oddly enough,no one in Swansea says he'sthe Xavi of the Premier League.It just makes us smile to hear it.We're not deluded see but very realistic and grounded ;)

You have to thank the MOTD pundits and football journalists for that little quip.

My favourite piece of punditry was by Martin Keown when he said "It's like watching paint dry" :D

Never liked him much but my opinion of his went up greatly that day.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Aramore wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:Oddly enough,no one in Swansea says he'sthe Xavi of the Premier League.It just makes us smile to hear it.We're not deluded see but very realistic and grounded ;)

My favourite piece of punditry was by Martin Keown when he said "It's like watching paint dry" :D

Aye,seems to have struck a chord that particular comment with you lot. :D Every man woman and dog knows that he's the worst football pundit in living memory though so no harm done there.

Off track,but do you still think Moyes will get the Spurs job?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:25 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
Aramore wrote:

Aye,seems to have struck a chord that particular comment with you lot. :D Every man woman and dog knows that he's the worst football pundit in living memory though so no harm done there.

Off track,but do you still think Moyes will get the Spurs job?

Don't think so. AVB seems pretty nailed on now, plus there's quite a few managers that have popped up that are out of work even if talks with AVB do collapse.