Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SO IF MALKAY HAS A WAR CHEST

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:23 pm

To spend on players then surely Bellamy will definitely be coming home. :?:

Re: SO IF MALKAY HAS A WAR CHEST

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:48 pm

As much as I would love to see Bellamy back I don't think spending big money on him is the right thing to do.

Ok yes he gives 100% but at he's soon to be 33 and has got dodgy knees
If we can negotiate a good deal then great, fantastic to have bellers back but I think the so called war chest needs to be invested in younger players

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:59 pm

from what ive read from the meeting with the season ticket rebels had with the club im sure malky stated that he doesnt have a war chest but is very happy with whats been giving to him :ayatollah:

love bellamy back but id like burke more and with a target man upfront like fuller, carew or even heskey since they are free transfers

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm

I ask the same question. We have been told Malky will have a nice playing budget with all this rebranding. Free'd up a load of wages, especially with Parkin, Naylor and Quinn gone.

So why cant we offer about 1.8 million with add-ons for Bellers and put him on £50k p/w?

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:15 pm

f**k long term this club has sold its soul for short term benefit. The club must be Prem 13-14 or this rebranding is a failure. Not getting Bellamy is a joke.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:23 pm

Malky said he didn't have a war chest.

It has been stated that Bellamy wants a three year deal if he comes to us because his salary would obviously be less. He has a year left at Liverpool at a high wage. He could get two years at QPR at a lesser wage but still more than we could pay.

We would be wasting money if we pay a £2million fee plus another £2million in wages for three years. That would be £8million and we may not get a third year out of him.

If he was free and signed for two years that would cost about £4million, that's half the expense and probably worth it.

I'd like him but I wouldn't spend stupid money. You have to remember that £8million could buy you 3 players at £500k each and wages of £14k per week for 3 years. That's decent quality players for Championship level.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:28 pm

CantonJack wrote:I ask the same question. We have been told Malky will have a nice playing budget with all this rebranding. Free'd up a load of wages, especially with Parkin, Naylor and Quinn gone.

So why cant we offer about 1.8 million with add-ons for Bellers and put him on £50k p/w?

Because 50k per week over a 2 year contract is equivelent to 5m in wages. His signing on fee on top of that plus agent fees add ons eg goal bosuses etc makes it atleast 6m. add the 1.8m on top of that and youve got 7.8m . That is alot of money. And a big risk. hes getting older now and while i agree he offers alot to the team i dont think thts financially viable.

Yes we have freed up wages and have a good budget but why waste everything pinning your hopes in one player.If there was no fee to sign him , it would be less risk and would make more sence, it makes no sence to pay over the odds for any player, if we were in a better position financially then we could but at the end of the day id prefer us to buy a younger player on less wages than pay crasy money for bellamy.

Plus it makes no sence to do that , that 2 million transfer fee adds up to £20000 pw for 2 years, we could have just offered him 20 grand extra than we did last summer instead and had him for last year for free.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:37 pm

are you sure we havent got confused????

with the Wooden treasure chest he had, theirs a picture woth malky standing behind grinning

it was an anniversary present from Vincent Tan

;)

Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:33 am

Who said Malky had a war chest?

Or is this yet another anti red thread?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:20 pm

nobby wrote:To spend on players then sure Bellamy will definitely be coming home. :?:

I rather the money was spend elsewhere myself . Bellamy wages alone could pay for 2 or 3 really decent young players, never mind his siging on fee . This for a player that can't play every game and is injury prone. Not worth the risk, unless Bellamy is ready to have 20k a week in wages

Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:21 pm

smilebit wrote:
nobby wrote:To spend on players then sure Bellamy will definitely be coming home. :?:

I rather the money was spend elsewhere myself . Bellamy wages alone could pay for 2 or 3 really decent young players, never mind his siging on fee . This for a player that can't play every game and is injury prone. Not worth the risk, unless Bellamy is ready to have 20k a week in wages

hed never accept 20k a week, remember miller is on 25k a week .

Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:01 pm

scotty100100 wrote:
smilebit wrote:

hed never accept 20k a week, remember miller is on 25k a week .

Well then , better if we look else where

Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Well like most city fans, i would love to see bellamy come back but £2 million is a lot for a 32 year old and liverpool got him on a free transfer, why should we have to pay for him???

Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:52 pm

cityone wrote:

Well like most city fans, i would love to see bellamy come back but £2 million is a lot for a 32 year old and liverpool got him on a free transfer, why should we have to pay for him???

Because he is still under contract with Liverpool and what they paid for him is irrelevant.

TBH I'm starting to wonder whether bringing CB back is worth the bother?

Even if he came on a free and we paid him £20k p/w (£1m p/a) that would represent £3m over the life of his contract and we are not sure we could even get 20 games a season out of him (60 games over 3 years or £50k per game). Not only that those figures are based on the cheapest possible deal, which we are highly unlikley to get so the cost per game is bound to be a lot higher (probably £100k).

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:08 pm

He has the chest of a witch.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Who said Malky had a war chest?

How the hell is it an anti red thread, im expressing my opinion and as for anti red, i can assure you that im am not happy that we have changed colour but im willing to go along with it for now and see if what VT has promised comes to fruition, if not then i will most certainly be anti red 100%, but until then dont tarnish me with that brush.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Craig Bellamy in full flow would be a brilliant signing. Craig Bellamy missing weeks because
of his knees would be bad news.

Its not as cut and dried as "he's a great player"... he's not a great player sat in the stand.

Easy for people to say "if we dont get him it proves we're skint and got no ambition"

There's more to it than that, obviously. If you have half a brain

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:59 pm

taffyapple wrote:Craig Bellamy in full flow would be a brilliant signing. Craig Bellamy missing weeks because

Its not as cut and dried as "he's a great player"... he's not a great player sat in the stand.

Easy for people to say "if we dont get him it proves we're skint and got no ambition"

Im merely asking the question, its been stated that Bellamy wants to come to us and we apparently want him, so if Malkay has the funds thats been reported then surely Bellamy will be coming home, that is my point only. I have not said if he does not come then we are showing no ambition and i know with this transfer there will be many stumbling blocks to resolve before it is finalised. As for a brain, fortunately i was born with a full one which has since left me well educated, thanks.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:15 pm

CantonJack wrote:I ask the same question. We have been told Malky will have a nice playing budget with all this rebranding. Free'd up a load of wages, especially with Parkin, Naylor and Quinn gone.

And we wonder why we are in this mess. :shock:

over the space of 2 years plus the signing on fee and transfer fee, you are condoning spending £6.4 million on a 33 year old who can only play a retricted amount of games.

nice one.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:39 pm

RoathMagic wrote:

over the space of 2 years plus the signing on fee and transfer fee, you are condoning spending £6.4 million on a 33 year old who can only play a retricted amount of games.

nice one.

Jack,
why be concerned about the transfer policy and dealings at Cardiff City FC when surely you should be more concerned about what happens at your own little club located a little further west down the M4. You know , the one that plays in the municipal stadium without paying any rent.

If I was at all concerned about your personal well being (which for the avoidance of doubt I am not, in fact quite the contrary), I would be seriously worried about your obsessive behaviour in visiting this board and send you off to a shrink. I couldn't imagine it personally but you obviously obtain some wierd gratification through acting out your charade.
Box of tissues near the computer screen?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:40 pm

RoathMagic wrote:

nice one.

Jack,
why be concerned about the transfer policy and dealings at Cardiff City FC when surely you should be more concerned about what happens at your own little club located a little further west down the M4. You know , the one that plays in the municipal stadium without paying any rent.

If I was at all concerned about your personal well being (which for the avoidance of doubt I am not, in fact quite the contrary), I would be seriously worried about your obsessive behaviour in visiting this board and send you off to a shrink. I couldn't imagine it personally but you obviously obtain some wierd gratification through acting out your charade.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:49 pm

nobby wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Craig Bellamy in full flow would be a brilliant signing. Craig Bellamy missing weeks because

Im merely asking the question, its been stated that Bellamy wants to come to us and we apparently want him, so if Malkay has the funds thats been reported then surely Bellamy will be coming home, that is my point only. I have not said if he does not come then we are showing no ambition and i know with this transfer there will be many stumbling blocks to resolve before it is finalised. As for a brain, fortunately i was born with a full one which has since left me well educated, thanks.

Sorry

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:58 pm

nobby wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Who said Malky had a war chest?

How the hell is it an anti red thread, im expressing my opinion and as for anti red, i can assure you that im am not happy that we have changed colour but im willing to go along with it for now and see if what VT has promised comes to fruition, if not then i will most certainly be anti red 100%, but until then dont tarnish me with that brush.

I apologize, but there's so many anti-rebranding threads its hard to tell which one is which.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:10 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

nice one.

Jack,

What odd responses to my factual posts. I am a Jack for stating it will cost nearly £7 million to bring in Bellamy for 2 seasons under the figures being suggested?

Should I just bury my head in teh sand so I can fit in then?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:47 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
C. Rombie-Coat wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:

nice one.

Jack,

What odd responses to my factual posts. I am a Jack for stating it will cost nearly £7 million to bring in Bellamy for 2 seasons under the figures being suggested?

Should I just bury my head in teh sand so I can fit in then?

There's nothing odd about making a helfpul suggestion to someone in need.
I'll make it clearer.
Whatever your current alias,you are a JB and one persistent wierdo.
If you are unwilling/unable to seek help perhaps it is best that you do as you suggest and bury your head in some sand. If you do reside in the ugly/lovely place at present , the beach isn't far away. Not sure about the tides but it would be best if you did it as far down the beach and as near high tide as possible as this should ensure the desired result even if suffocation is not immediate.

p.s. it wasn't a post based on fact but mere speculation. Therefore it wasn't a factual post. I post you are a jack and that is factual.

Now I'm off to the pub to watch the football.