BURKE
BOTHROYD

Re: JOE LEDLEY

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:49 pm

nobby wrote:Would you want him back. :?:

no wouldnt fit in now tbh

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:49 pm

I think out of the 3 Burke has been the biggest loss. We definitely lacked pace and width last year and he has both. He also had an outstanding season for Brum scoring many goals and setting others up. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:59 pm

Yes please :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Merlin wrote:3 players I've always been gutted about losing when we didn't have to -

LEDLEY
BURKE
BOTHROYD

3 quality players but they all wanted to leave the club and their performances dipped in the months before they left

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Obviously we all have opinions but I ask u to watch Ledley play, when he picks up the ball off the defence, can he beat a man? No he gives it straight back. Can he strike from distance, no, he can't get enough power in shots. He was decent on the Wing but centre mid is a no no. He doesnt actually offer anything he just works hard without anything constructive at the end of it. He got worse at city the last season here. Fa cup final year he was good though

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:07 pm

I always felt that we always missed Ledley

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:09 pm

Would never EVER return to us until we went back to Blue.
As he said on Twitter, "My thoughts on things.. BLUE ARMY."

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:53 pm

no

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Merlin wrote:3 players I've always been gutted about losing when we didn't have to -

LEDLEY
BURKE
BOTHROYD

Ledley and Burke yes anytime. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But Jay never, to lazy.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:03 pm

Pointless paying the fee he would cost to sit on the bench.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:06 pm

YES...would want him back :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:13 pm

joe yes defo :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

LEDLEY
BURKE
BOTHROYD

But Jay never, to lazy.

jay lazy on times but for me one of the best natural players ever at this great club, look to hace him back with the right attitude

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Would have him back but not for a huge fee. Would be great to add a talanted local to the side. Liked him but didn't love him, could think of many players who I would rather see in a blue shirt :D

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:52 pm

LEDLEY
BURKE
BOTHROYD

Ledley and burkey have back any day of the week-Joe came up through thr ranks and we didnt get a penny for him,and Burkey was outstanding for Brum last season.Think Jay though was a prima donna(got the ability but perhaps not the effort )
Really gutted though about Adam Matthews-clashed with DJ think under Malky would have developed into a top player,think he`s doing tidy at celtic now though?

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:54 pm

Thought he looked good on the ball when we played Celtic last yr in friendly.. Hes maturing all the time and I think hes still a good player.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:55 pm

Agree with Annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:20 am

Hes not good enough he wasnt that good whilst he was here and im sure he hasnt improved

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:10 am

LEDLEY
BURKE
BOTHROYD

Interestingly all of the three players you mention left our club for FREE. And that is a scandal.

If they had been sold with one or two years left on their contracts we would be looking at 5 million + for the three of them.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:12 am

neathbluebird wrote:

LEDLEY
BURKE
BOTHROYD

Ledley and burkey have back any day of the week-Joe came up through thr ranks and we didnt get a penny for him,and Burkey was outstanding for Brum last season.Think Jay though was a prima donna(got the ability but perhaps not the effort )
Really gutted though about Adam Matthews-clashed with DJ think under Malky would have developed into a top player,think he`s doing tidy at celtic now though?

Yes Matthews is doing well apparently. All four left for FREE. Terrible terrible management.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:50 am

Of all the players mentioned its Jay we have missed the most.

Our best player for the 3 years he was with us. By a country mile.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:51 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
neathbluebird wrote:

LEDLEY
BURKE
BOTHROYD

Yes Matthews is doing well apparently. All four left for FREE. Terrible terrible management.

You cannot hold a gun to players heads and make them sign a contract.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:

LEDLEY
BURKE
BOTHROYD

But Jay never, to lazy.

I don't care if Jay was a little lazy - he was our 20 goal a season striker.. Probably one of the most gifted strikers we've had at the club.

Strikers are always lazier than midfielders or defenders anyway.

What would you rather Bothroyd or Miller?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:03 am

Miller couldnt lace Jays boots

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:25 am

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:Obviously we all have opinions but I ask u to watch Ledley play, when he picks up the ball off the defence, can he beat a man? No he gives it straight back. Can he strike from distance, no, he can't get enough power in shots. He was decent on the Wing but centre mid is a no no. He doesnt actually offer anything he just works hard without anything constructive at the end of it. He got worse at city the last season here. Fa cup final year he was good though

Spot on, works hard. short sideways pass and that's all he offers

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:50 am

LEDLEY
BURKE
BOTHROYD

Yes to all 3, Jay is a class act & MM could get the best out of him. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:

LEDLEY
BURKE
BOTHROYD

But Jay never, to lazy.

bothroyd spent to much time trying to get a pen or free kick rather than scoring with his own talent :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:10 am

bothroyd - poor mans ballotelli. thinks hes something hes definitely not. great player, no where near the standard he thinks he is though.