Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What if we don't make Second?

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:38 pm

V.T's entire fortune is what the potential new Forest owner carries as loose change in his pocket.

Middle east investment also almost tied up at Leeds that's two in this division who's spending power could dwarf ours.

Leicester have investment and threw money at promotion (and failed) last year, they could again.

and then Blackburn's owner's maybe a bit thick football wise, but they do have money to burn.

Apart from the above, there are a few other teams who will be in the mix, I can see it being a very difficult year, even with 10 million to chuck at the playing staff. VT has only seen us at the top and being nearly men, perhaps his simplistic view is to chuck a few million on players and this will see us at last get over that last hurdle.

It's going to be a very tough league this year and no sure thing for sure.

I wonder what VT's reaction would be if we struggle to make an impact or even struggle to get into the top 6 (or 10) by Christmas?

It's going top be an interesting couple of months before the season starts, seeing what financial backing these other teams will receive and see all the squads, as well as ours develop.

Re: What if we don't make Second?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Well i know what my reaction would be...........would want to talk to Mackay and ask him why we were not doing better,then sack him

Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:45 pm

angelis49 wrote:Well i know what my reaction would be...........would want to talk to Mackay and ask him why we were not doing better,then sack him

Lol

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:18 pm

If we don't make second
Then we make first ;)

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:23 pm

Snaag wrote:V.T's entire fortune is what the potential new Forest owner carries as loose change in his pocket.

Middle east investment also almost tied up at Leeds that's two in this division who's spending power could dwarf ours.

Leicester have investment and threw money at promotion (and failed) last year, they could again.

and then Blackburn's owner's maybe a bit thick football wise, but they do have money to burn.

Apart from the above, there are a few other teams who will be in the mix, I can see it being a very difficult year, even with 10 million to chuck at the playing staff. VT has only seen us at the top and being nearly men, perhaps his simplistic view is to chuck a few million on players and this will see us at last get over that last hurdle.

It's going to be a very tough league this year and no sure thing for sure.

I wonder what VT's reaction would be if we struggle to make an impact or even struggle to get into the top 6 (or 10) by Christmas?

It's going top be an interesting couple of months before the season starts, seeing what financial backing these other teams will receive and see all the squads, as well as ours develop.

Money doesnt necceseraly garentee sucess otherwise simply any one who is rich can buy a club spend 20 m on players and be in the premiership and easily cover tht cost. The championship is the hardest league to gain promotion from in my opinion. I believe tan will stay even if we dont do amasingly well, If all his business plan relied on us getting promotion this season then why would he try to reduce the wage bill , try and capture the asian market etc. Were a long term business venture. Hes old and wise enough to know that you cant turn a club in massive debt and not stable into a sucess over night. Do you think tht in his other business ventures if he wasnt making money in the first two years tht he would give up , no he wouldnt. As a generall rule, Most buisness objectives for the first few years of ownership is to break even and survive. By doing so you can build for the future. Do you honestly think tht tan went into this blind and thought tht we were a money making club? No he simply sees the potential of the club, he knew from the start tht this club will cost him alot before he will get any real return.