Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is admin a certainty this week?

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Talking to someone this afternoon who claims he's got first hand information that now we've got enough points that we'll definately go into admin this week, has anyone else heard the same?

Re: Is admin a certainty this week?

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:30 pm

I'd say a strong possibility rather than a cetainty

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:31 pm

bluebirds over.... wrote:Talking to someone this afternoon who claims he's got first hand information that now we've got enough points that we'll definately go into admin this week, has anyone else heard the same?

Yes Tuesday I was told. If we can't negotiate a deal with HMRC then thats it were done.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Would be sad state of affairs with us sitting nicely in the play offs.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear they have found another lump sum though. I think they'll do everything they can while we are in a position to go up.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:38 pm

We may be able to go down the same route as Portsmouth and get a short term adjournment (short term delaying tactic) in order that the club can provide the court details of our our current trading position i.e proof that we are not insolvent. This may then give us the time to negotiate a takeover with the Malaysians, but we are going right down to the wire now. The end game is near. Who blinks first methinks.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:40 pm

bluebirds over.... wrote:Talking to someone this afternoon who claims he's got first hand information that now we've got enough points that we'll definately go into admin this week, has anyone else heard the same?

I wouldn't trust a word he says. He doesn't even know we'd need 50 points to stay up and we would only be on 42 points after administration. :D

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:40 pm

Quite honestly I would be very surprised if we go into administration.

This lack of funds hasn't hit the club by surprise and they've know for months,

If there was a serious risk that they couldn't pay the bill they probably would have gone into administration before paying the first part of the bill.

Do we know how much is left to pay? It's around a million isn't it?

We are obviously have money problems, but we have to remember that even though we're trying to pay this bill now we must have paid around £5m or so in wages since November when this story first emerged as it is so it's not as if we have no money at all.

I don't believe that we have no money left either, the club must have had a budget at the start of the season that wasn't just reliant on external investment. They wouldn't have bought players in if they knew they wouldn't be able to afford the second half of the seasons wages surely?

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Not sure we are safe yet - losing 10 points will be devastating to the club and we'd still 12/15 points to survive. I am even more worried we will get wound up though.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:47 pm

CF11 wrote:Quite honestly I would be very surprised if we go into administration.

If there was a serious risk that they couldn't pay the bill they probably would have gone into administration before paying the first part of the bill.

We are obviously have money problems, but we have to remember that even though we're trying to pay this bill now we must have paid around £5m or so in wages since November when this story first emerged as it is so it's not as if we have no money at all.

I don't believe that we have no money left either, the club must have had a budget at the start of the season that wasn't just reliant on external investment. They wouldn't have bought players in if they knew they wouldn't be able to afford the second half of the seasons wages surely?

I think it's about £1.6 million and don't forget we will have to keep up with curent tax payments as well which would be in the region of £400,000 to £500,000 monthly plus monthly wages with the prospect of more high court orders from unpaid creditors. I think Ridsdale was banking on selling Matthews and Possibly McCormack to be able to trade normally but it never happened for one reason or another.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:47 pm

CF11 wrote:Quite honestly I would be very surprised if we go into administration.

This is what I thought. If they had run out of money by November, like claimed. It would leave a massive hole in the finances. Too big even for the Riddler to get wrong.