Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Has VT missed a trick ? .......

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:29 am

My likes - Cardiff City, Beer, Punk, Tits (sorry ladies) and more beer. Generally most things that can't be deemed as conforming.

My Dislikes - Religion, Politics and most things which do conform.

Most of the poeple I meet on footy days have a similar outlook to myself. If were told to turn right, we turn left etc etc.

As city fans we have pride and passion, we are generally fanatical about the bluebirds, we celebrate raucously when we score and most of all we have a really good laugh.

How easy would it be to market a non conforming club to the (slightly) rebellious or disinfranchised asian teenage (and above) market. This club would be owned by Malaysians, marketed by Malaysians and would play in blue.

It would be screened on asain TV with the trailers showing bluebirds scoring, fans going absolutely beserk with loud music playing, possibly sponsered by a brand of beer.

Would it be easier to get a huge percentage of a non conforming market (millions and millions) or a small percentage of an already saturated conforming market. Which does the average footy fan fall into ?

Sorry for boring you - but this would have been my attempt to market the bluebirds in the far east.

Harness what we are - not change what we are :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: