Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vincent Tan clever bunny

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:50 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -31291797/? :lol: :lol: :lol: We will be very popular in the far east methinks :ayatollah:

Re: Vincent Tan clever bunny

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:53 am

VT the man with a plan. Anyone else think he has big plans for our club.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:56 am

He puts his actions into plan - maybe one day some people will be eating humble pie ?

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:39 am

A very clever man in my opinion and we are only just beginning to see his plans for marketing the club. When he gets permission for this TV thing expect the pitchside advertising in front of the ninian stand to develop a very strong Malaysian identity.

Also when Langston is settled expect the stadium to be renamed the "Cosway" stadium. All part of the master plan from a very astute businessman.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:47 am

He will do great things for this club. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:51 am

Spot on! Again, deserves to be a sticky but it won't happen :twisted:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:15 am

ihatealiens wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city/cardiff-city-fc/2012/06/30/91466-31291797/? :lol: :lol: :lol: We will be very popular in the far east methinks :ayatollah:

I don,t think people actually realise how much of a financial big hitter this man is, especially in the far east, he has far greater contacts out there than people realise, the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea would pay huge amounts of money to get his contacts on board, now if we can tap in to a small percentage of his "pals" it can only mean great and excitng times for Cardiff City, time will tell.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:15 am

Natman Blue wrote:Spot on! Again, deserves to be a sticky but it won't happen :twisted:

Queue Annis with his Anti- Malaysian, pro-Hamamm propaganda.

If he can find time from editing peoples posts or selling his books :twisted:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:16 am

Tab is very clever indeed! He's the owner we always dreamt to have :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:26 am

I know our badge and colour means a lot to many people. It means a lot to me as well. But, as a previous poster has correctly pointed out, Vincent Tan is already established in the Asian/Chinese Market whereas clubs (such as Liverpool & United) are still trying to gain a foothold.

Lets not forget that VT is a Billionaire. He didnt make his money through luck. He knows what he is doing and has proved that with the massive Berjaya Group.

We might not like the idea of turning Red but if we just "run with it for a few years" I think most of us would be surprised to see the level of success that I think we will be achieving.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:29 am

castleblue wrote:A very clever man in my opinion and we are only just beginning to see his plans for marketing the club. When he gets permission for this TV thing expect the pitchside advertising in front of the ninian stand to develop a very strong Malaysian identity.

Also when Langston is settled expect the stadium to be renamed the "Cosway" stadium. All part of the master plan from a very astute businessman.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I wonder if that is the reason for moving the TV gantary? I know that PMG pocket all the proceeds from advertising on the main Grandstand and of course have benefit greatly from TV exposure, which VT has now grabbed for himself.

The more I see of VT the more I am convinced that we are backed by a winner. :ayatollah:

Paul Keevil wrote:I know our badge and colour means a lot to many people. It means a lot to me as well. But, as a previous poster has correctly pointed out, Vincent Tan is already established in the Asian/Chinese Market whereas clubs (such as Liverpool & United) are still trying to gain a foothold.

Lets not forget that VT is a Billionaire. He didnt make his money through luck. He knows what he is doing and has proved that with the massive Berjaya Group.

We might not like the idea of turning Red but if we just "run with it for a few years" I think most of us would be surprised to see the level of success that I think we will be achieving.

Another great post :ayatollah:

cityone wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city/cardiff-city-fc/2012/06/30/91466-31291797/? :lol: :lol: :lol: We will be very popular in the far east methinks :ayatollah:

I don,t think people actually realise how much of a financial big hitter this man is, especially in the far east, he has far greater contacts out there than people realise, the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea would pay huge amounts of money to get his contacts on board, now if we can tap in to a small percentage of his "pals" it can only mean great and excitng times for Cardiff City, time will tell.

I don't think people understand how big a market the far east actually is. There are 1.5 billion people living there, which is 22% of the worlds population and our very own Mr.Tan is a big player in that market and as you say has contacts all over the far east including political, marketing and financial contacts. People need to understand this is a man with enormous clout in that region of the world and we are lucky to have him on board. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:04 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
cityone wrote:

I don't think people understand how big a market the far east actually is. There are 1.5 billion people living there, which is 22% of the worlds population and our very own Mr.Tan is a big player in that market and as you say has contacts all over the far east including political, marketing and financial contacts. People need to understand this is a man with enormous clout in that region of the world and we are lucky to have him on board. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

At last a very pro Tan and his master plan positive post, it's just starting to unfold :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great post above :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:17 pm

shame i don't do logic. :ayatollah: CCFC

Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Yup he is so clever that there is no revenue from this venture quote :"The proposals would not see the club rake in extra cash from having fixtures available to broadcasters in Malaysia".
Also if these games are beamed to Malaysia then its only a matter of time before fans in the UK get a sat decoder that will allow you to watch these very same city games for free in the UK thus having the potential to harm future season ticket sales.

Oh, I did forget the huge exposure we will get from all this, hmm, a championship game trying to compete with premiership football and other high profile european games :lol:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

Yup he is so clever that there is no revenue from this venture quote :"The proposals would not see the club rake in extra cash from having fixtures available to broadcasters in Malaysia".
Also if these games are beamed to Malaysia then its only a matter of time before fans in the UK get a sat decoder that will allow you to watch these very same city games for free in the UK thus having the potential to harm future season ticket sales.

Oh, I did forget the huge exposure we will get from all this, hmm, a championship game trying to compete with premiership football and other high profile european games :lol:

The income is from the increased sponsorship deals for the club and stadium that this exposure would generate.

Some fans need to think outside of the box and see the bigger picture.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

Where would you rather be then down in the depths of the 2nd division with no exposure at all is it??? :lol: I remember those days well and while the banter and fun was great the football was crap :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:37 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

The income is from the increased sponsorship deals for the club and stadium that this exposure would generate.

Think outside the box? some are not thinkers at all but followers of half the negative crap spouted on here and other forums, lets have some positivity is it ? :ayatollah: Don't forget we have been a whisker away from promotion in recent times now we have owners willing to invest good money to get us that step further. Rather that than where we were under a certain Mr Ridsdale - do you remember that everyone? :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:20 pm

The levels of delusion shown on this post are criminal.

You are talking about a guy who lives 6000 miles away, who only actively got involved in running the club 5-6 months ago, who has decided without explaining it to anyone that the team will play in red, with a new Dragon badge, minimising the bluebird (only after protests, as it was going to have disappeared from the badge completely at first). Oh yes and first of all said that the rebranding wouln't happen, then went ahead and did it anyway. The man is a bigger liar than Ridsdale.

The goal posts are moving on the investment, which is conveniently applicable only if Langston settle (anytime up to 2016???), planning for the training pitches (2-3 years away????) and stadium increase (subject to promotion). If he decides tomorrow he's not investing a single ringgit more, he walks away with a cash cow earning him 7% per annum.

Just a hint of a money deal and some fans here are opening up every orifice to be plugged by a guy no one knows with a plan that hasn't been explained.

Tell me why it is more likely that he will stabilise the club and wipe all the debts out compared to wiping the bluebirds out ? If his intentions were for the benefit of the club he would have taken overall control by now and absorbed the debts, leaving the club with a fresh start.

He's just using the club for his own ends. As soon as he's in a position to get his money back, the club is sold to some other chancer and he's history.

Wake the f**k up all of you.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:36 pm

T. gullibilis wrote:The levels of delusion shown on this post are criminal.

You are talking about a guy who lives 6000 miles away, who only actively got involved in running the club 5-6 months ago, who has decided without explaining it to anyone that the team will play in red, with a new Dragon badge, minimising the bluebird (only after protests, as it was going to have disappeared from the badge completely at first). Oh yes and first of all said that the rebranding wouln't happen, then went ahead and did it anyway. The man is a bigger liar than Ridsdale.

The goal posts are moving on the investment, which is conveniently applicable only if Langston settle (anytime up to 2016???), planning for the training pitches (2-3 years away????) and stadium increase (subject to promotion). If he decides tomorrow he's not investing a single ringgit more, he walks away with a cash cow earning him 7% per annum.

Just a hint of a money deal and some fans here are opening up every orifice to be plugged by a guy no one knows with a plan that hasn't been explained.

Tell me why it is more likely that he will stabilise the club and wipe all the debts out compared to wiping the bluebirds out ? If his intentions were for the benefit of the club he would have taken overall control by now and absorbed the debts, leaving the club with a fresh start.

He's just using the club for his own ends. As soon as he's in a position to get his money back, the club is sold to some other chancer and he's history.

to be fair mate when was the last time we dident have a chancer in charge

Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:04 pm

I don't see any billionaires waiting in the wings willing to buy into a club with a £24 million unsecured debt to a company in a far off land which might or might not exist in the mind of a Lebanese businessman :lol: :lol: :lol: Be happy with what we got or we may find our club consigned to history :lol:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:20 pm

I have heard CCFC discribed as a number of things over the years but never as a 'Cash Cow' :lol:

I have just read your post with utter disbelief. If Vincent Tan was going to rip anyone off he could have got a lot more a lot more easily by investing in something a lot more lucrative than CCFC.

And finally who the hell is going to pay him £40m+ for 49% of a Championship club? If VT is operating some kind of sting against CCFC and its fans, then the guy has not only lost his touch but his marbles as well.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:26 pm

ihatealiens wrote:I don't see any billionaires waiting in the wings willing to buy into a club with a £24 million unsecured debt to a company in a far off land which might or might not exist in the mind of a Lebanese businessman :lol: :lol: :lol: Be happy with what we got or we may find our club consigned to history :lol:

Nail on the head, although personally I wish VT would just pay Sam up and end this little saga.

However, Sam/Langston has to understand that the only place they are going to get any kind of payment from is VT's pocket. The offers are now out in the public domain so if Sam opted for £3m now £7m next May, VT would be publically judged in the court of public opinion if he reneged on the deal.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:46 pm

T. gullibilis wrote:

Well as a fully paid up member of the criminally deluded I would say the moment he decided to make his initial £6m investment he bought into stabalising our club.

At that moment he could have sat back and allowed the club to be wound up in the high court, exactly the same position Rangers have been placed in, then bought the club for less than £6m and debt free.

He didn't do that and has since then not only been bankrolling our club but settling historical debts,like the winding up petitions of HMRC and the kitchen fitting company in Newport, whilst renegotiating the other historical debts like Langston, PMG and Ranson.

In my deluded opinion it shows VT , in comparison to Charles Green at Rangers, to be a man of integrity as how else would you describe someone who picks up responsibility of sorting out the financial mess left by others. To describe someone like VT as a chancer is well offensive and quite frankly beggers belief

I have no doubt that his plans will eventually bring him a profit on his investment and I for one won't begrudge him a penny.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The

Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Think outside the box :lol: If you think that we will generate sponsorship deals for a championship club on the strength of a few championship games being beamed to Malaysia then there is no need to think outside the box when you cannot see whats infront of your face. :lol:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:31 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Think outside the box? some are not thinkers at all but followers of half the negative crap spouted on here and other forums, lets have some positivity is it ? :ayatollah: Don't forget we have been a whisker away from promotion in recent times now we have owners willing to invest good money to get us that step further. Rather that than where we were under a certain Mr Ridsdale - do you remember that everyone? :ayatollah:

A whisker from promotion eh. These are the same owners who had the chance to bolster the squad in Jan when we were second in the league and chose not to. :lol:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Cares more about Asia than the homegrown fans.FACT.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Threads don't need to be made a sticky if people keep posting on them. :D :ayatollah:

Bump!

Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

Well let the plastics watch on whatever method there is,nothing like match day for me so ill always when i can be at the ground