Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PMG ?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Has everyone forgot who has really made all the money out of Cardiff City ?

Has everyone forgot they now own everything around our stadium etc ?

Has everyone forgot they are still earning from Cardiff City ?

Has everyone forgot they are not even Cardiff City fans, but Rugby ?

Re: PMG ?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:09 pm

how much do we owe them?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:09 pm

And they still after more.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Has everyone forgot who has really made all the money out of Cardiff City ?

Didn't carl say in one of his updates that pmg will be paid off totally with the premier seats money within next two years recently ?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:14 pm

wez 1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Has everyone forgot who has really made all the money out of Cardiff City ?

Didn't carl say in one of his updates that pmg will be paid off totally with the premier seats money within next two years recently ?

That doesnt pay the other money owing Wez, which is Millions.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:16 pm

Answers please annis,you seem to know it all?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez 1927 wrote:

That doesnt pay the other money owing Wez, which is Millions.

i thought he said 3 million was payed already and we owed around 6 miliion but the premiers seats income all goes to pmg ?

earnieblue wrote:Answers please annis,you seem to know it all?

Earnie, I am asking the questions, but the answer is in the headline :lol:

At this point I don't care anymore, Apprently they will be paid up in 18months and have agree to this. They may have done well off us but we needed them at the time of the investment. I'd be more than happy to see them gone in 18 months but It's now one under control and hopefully soon to be gone.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:18 pm

:roll:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:At this point I don't care anymore, Apprently they will be paid up in 18months and have agree to this. They may have done well off us but we needed them at the time of the investment. I'd be more than happy to see them gone in 18 months but It's now one under control and hopefully soon to be gone.

On Wed night in the meeting, Alan Whitley had to agree that Tan had failed on the payments to them as well.

They will screw us for more than u think and have already.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:At this point I don't care anymore, Apprently they will be paid up in 18months and have agree to this. They may have done well off us but we needed them at the time of the investment. I'd be more than happy to see them gone in 18 months but It's now one under control and hopefully soon to be gone.

On Wed night in the meeting, Alan Whitley had to agree that Tan had failed on the payments to them as well.

I thought that was the previous arrangement regarding the first shares issue.

Just from reading I thought the next 18months payment was from premier seating an that's how they were gone.
I just hope it does work and do go.

If they have defaulted on a further payment after this agreement then I'm amazed Sam ain't got the 8m and run ASAP.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:28 pm

annis. football is money, nobody is here for nothing. there only here to line there own pockets, and if not money its a status thing. :roll:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Annis, one thing I will agree with you on almost 100% is PMG.
In my opinion they only ever got involved with CCFC for the the property angle.Guy is a ruthless accountant turned property man.
Remember their plans for a shared athletics/football stadium down the Bay - capacity of around 10,000/15,000? Documented and published in the Echo etc.
I will also say thank goodness that Sam came along with his ideas(!) and stopped it as it could have happened and that would have killed the club. Sam ultimately came close to killing the club but at least we went up a level.
I am also of the opinion that PMG etc were driving Ridsdale with a shit or bust 'just get us promotion and we can get our money out' target as opposed to putting some more money in and running a steady ship which would not have got the club to today's debt position. They were/are probably also looking after the numerous Cardiff Rugby Club associated names who had invested in the club(see shareholders list) and the atmosphere at Whichurch Golf Club might just be a little frosty if they are let down.
As to what PMG made from the development of the retail park and stadium, you would have to see their own private internal appraisals. What is for sure though is that the profit - must be in the millions -went to PMG and not to the club to offset the stadium development costs which again to be fair to Sam was I think what he had in mind.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:40 pm

and from pmg down, you got shareholders who are rugby boys,

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:08 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:

In my opinion they only ever got involved with CCFC for the the property angle.Guy is a ruthless accountant turned property man.
Remember their plans for a shared athletics/football stadium down the Bay - capacity of around 10,000/15,000? Documented and published in the Echo etc.
I will also say thank goodness that Sam came along with his ideas(!) and stopped it as it could have happened and that would have killed the club. Sam ultimately came close to killing the club but at least we went up a level.
I am also of the opinion that PMG etc were driving Ridsdale with a shit or bust 'just get us promotion and we can get our money out' target as opposed to putting some more money in and running a steady ship which would not have got the club to today's debt position. They were/are probably also looking after the numerous Cardiff Rugby Club associated names who had invested in the club(see shareholders list) and the atmosphere at Whichurch Golf Club might just be a little frosty if they are let down.
As to what PMG made from the development of the retail park and stadium, you would have to see their own private internal appraisals. What is for sure though is that the profit - must be in the millions -went to PMG and not to the club to offset the stadium development costs which again to be fair to Sam was I think what he had in mind.

I forgot to add that Dave Jones was part of the deal once Sam had gone as he was gifted shares in the club as part of his package which no doubt explained his public backing of Ridsdale at the time Sam was ousted. Probably explains a lot of things although you have to say that at the end of the day they came close!

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:10 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:

Bloody hell, we finally agree :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Didn't AW also say that NO payments have been made to VT to cover the interest on the £30m+ loans he has made to the club.

Does that mean he is screwing himself over as well or is he just saying to other directors, PMG, look I'm not taking any payments so as a director shouldn't you be doing the same.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:45 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Didn't AW also say that NO payments have been made to VT to cover the interest on the £30m+ loans he has made to the club.

Does that mean he is screwing himself over as well or is he just saying to other directors, PMG, look I'm not taking any payments so as a director shouldn't you be doing the same.

Good point made.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:
C. Rombie-Coat wrote:

Bloody hell, we finally agree :ayatollah:

It's funny and it's just my guess but I've often thought that without the local investors, PMG would have taken their property profit and put the club into administration long ago. They can explain why the shares go up or down in value, but to have pulled the plug on the local Taffia like that would not have been a good move for them.
Last edited by C. Rombie-Coat on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:07 am

Magners wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Good point made.

I hope VT is turning the screw on PMG because as Annis has quite rightly pointed out he hasn't done badly out of the stadium / retail park development.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:15 am

castleblue wrote:
Magners wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Good point made.

I hope VT is turning the screw on PMG because as Annis has quite rightly pointed out he hasn't done badly out of the stadium / retail park development.

perhaps they cant make any more payments to PMG incase that takes them over the 51% mark therefore increasing the amount of debt owed to sam

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:36 am

steve davies wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Magners wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Good point made.

perhaps they cant make any more payments to PMG incase that takes them over the 51% mark therefore increasing the amount of debt owed to sam

Correct :thumbup:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:

The original deal was to have PMG paid off by May 2013. It now appears that has been extended to December 2013, an extra 6 months.

I don't know if this is a compromise for the previous default, but it does appear that they will be sucking up at least another 6 months worth of life blood money from our coffers.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:39 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The original deal was to have PMG paid off by May 2013. It now appears that has been extended to December 2013, an extra 6 months.

I don't know if this is a compromise for the previous default, but it does appear that they will be sucking up at least another 6 months worth of life blood money from our coffers.

Tony I thought PMG were being repaid through revenue from the Premier Seating and hospitality areas so I don't really understand where the default comes on.

Could you explain.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:40 am

steve davies wrote:perhaps they cant make any more payments to PMG incase that takes them over the 51% mark therefore increasing the amount of debt owed to sam

I don't understand how paying down PMG's debt affects the shareholding?

You have to actually buy shares to increase any holding to 51% and paying off any debt wouldn't affect that at all.