Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Tomorrow's SW Echo

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:'If' this benefits then all well and good but can someone tell me why the club are wasting money on creating a new gantry when we've already got one..?

Maybe because they can't use the current one after the expansion (planning ahead)

I dont buy that, its because the premier seating always looks empty on TV

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:'If' this benefits then all well and good but can someone tell me why the club are wasting money on creating a new gantry when we've already got one..?

Maybe because they can't use the current one after the expansion (planning ahead)

I assumed they would build a purposely-built concrete one at the back of the top tier in the Ninian, not just more scaffolding like our current one :lol:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Yeah I'm sure that's why they would spend the money on it :shock:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Yeah I'm sure that's why they would spend the money on it :shock:

There are many clubs whos camera position is on the worse side of the ground and not facing it. Because it is 90 mins of advertising at the end of the day

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:40 pm

Big clubs with big sponsorship maybe.
It doesn't make sense showing the Ninian stand which has 1/2 the amount of advertising on it than the grand stand does?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:40 pm

A bit late the Echo

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84839 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Football league have rights to show in uk, via sky and bbc etc but we can beam to outside uk in same way you can see premier league games on Saturday afternoons when your in Spain via overseas satellite

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:46 pm

GARY CCFC wrote:Football league have rights to show in uk, via sky and bbc etc but we can beam to outside uk in same way you can see premier league games on Saturday afternoons when your in Spain via overseas satellite

thanks for clearing that up, now it makes sense! :ayatollah: this could be huge!

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:A bit late the Echo

the echo is a bit like the tv channel Dave, always shows repeats! :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Big clubs with big sponsorship maybe.
It doesn't make sense showing the Ninian stand which has 1/2 the amount of advertising on it than the grand stand does?

When the cameras are running in normal game time you can't see the advertisement on the upper tier, only on the lower tier, and that stops when gets to the dugouts, I think you'd see more when the camera is facing the Ninian. We should get those electronic advertisement boards back aswell like we had in the Carling Cup semi-final.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:55 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:

When the cameras are running in normal game time you can't see the advertisement on the upper tier, only on the lower tier, and that stops when gets to the dugouts, I think you'd see more when the camera is facing the Ninian. We should get those electronic advertisement boards back aswell like we had in the Carling Cup semi-final.

Plenty of time the ball is out of play though, how often do they zoom in on managers (huge adverts behind dugouts) and tan and co in the other areas?
Seems an unneeded expense fr advertising which I'd think had already been agrees for next season anyway.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Plenty of time the ball is out of play though, how often do they zoom in on managers (huge adverts behind dugouts) and tan and co in the other areas?
Seems an unneeded expense fr advertising which I'd think had already been agrees for next season anyway.

But there's cameras from other angles which would zoom on the managers so you would still be able to see the advertisment boards.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:14 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

But there's cameras from other angles which would zoom on the managers so you would still be able to see the advertisment boards.

So why would it change from the other side now? and the new area be about sponsorship? Which was the original post?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

So why would it change from the other side now? and the new area be about sponsorship? Which was the original post?

That's the question why does it need to change? But if you notice in most games the camera faces the side opposite the dugouts.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:23 pm

Like I said it would need to be moved once the expansion was made anyway.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Like I said it would need to be moved once the expansion was made anyway.

Yeah, but I thought they would build a permanent one at the back of the top tier in the Ninian and just use the one above the Premier Seating for the time being.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:30 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:A bit late the Echo

the echo is a bit like the tv channel Dave, always shows repeats! :lol: :lol:

lol :lol:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Its simple really why there building it above the grandstand!!........

The lead for vinnies sony handy cam aint long enough to go all the way around to the ninian stand as his PC with www.firstrowsports.eu on is situated in his executive box :geek: ;) :mrgreen: :ayatollah:

ATB
Tim :D

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Much better camera angle above the premier seating

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Correct, also there is better camera angles up above the premier seating

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:28 am

Igovernor wrote:Correct, also there is better camera angles up above the premier seating

How do you know that? :?

Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:02 am

Because the Asians are going to start watching us over the top PL teams... :roll:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:52 am

just remember that asians will watch anything they can bet on