Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Latest on season tickets "

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:31 am

tenerife_blu wrote:I have said this over and over again, I don't like the rebrand one bit but I would never turn my back on Cardiff City or the players, it's not their fault we have been rebranded. When I see posts that say "I will never go down the stadium again" blah blah blah is so pathetic, the club don't give a shit about people like that, it's plain to see and the only ones your hurting are yourselves.
I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years, even when I was living in Tenerife and Canada I kept my season ticket going, I support Cardiff City not the owners. I bought my wife and daughter a season ticket this year by the way.
Upwards and onwards.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

100% The same ;)
ps, except i will never buy "girls" a season ticket :lol:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:05 am

ayahtolla wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:I have said this over and over again, I don't like the rebrand one bit but I would never turn my back on Cardiff City or the players, it's not their fault we have been rebranded. When I see posts that say "I will never go down the stadium again" blah blah blah is so pathetic, the club don't give a shit about people like that, it's plain to see and the only ones your hurting are yourselves.
I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years, even when I was living in Tenerife and Canada I kept my season ticket going, I support Cardiff City not the owners. I bought my wife and daughter a season ticket this year by the way.
Upwards and onwards.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

100% The same ;)
ps, except i will never buy "girls" a season ticket :lol:

not 100% the same then :D :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:10 am

BigGwynram wrote:
eddiep wrote:People are fed up of being treated like mugs.
Money is tight
Football was shite

CCS is awful - even away fans don't wanna come there anymore.
The club have missed a trick not swapping ends.

Bring back standing
f**k off stewards

Don't remember too many sell outs at Ninian park when we had standing and staring at away fans, and in truth there were more bad atmospheres than good ones there by a mile, if we went back to anarchy, we'd attract a few hundred wannabe hooligans and lose a few thousand decent fans.

We have enough sellouts at the moment Gwyn I can assure you. :lol:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:13 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I would say a lot of them that have not renewed is because we were not an exciting team to watch. With the likes of Bothroyd, Chopra, Burke, Bellamy and Whittingham in the squad the chances of seeing some entertaining football was high. Some of the football they played was awesome. Take Leeds away and how many clubs went to the liberty and do a Swansea on the Swansea? We did with those players. Shame they could not produce that exciting football on a consistant basis andas far as i am concerned there is only one person to blame for that.

Last season although it was just as successful as any of the previous 5 seasons the football was not that exciting. Blackpool away and the Carling cup final were the best performances but after that I am struggling to think who we outplayed seriously. It was a typical Roy of the Rovers season with hard workers earning their bread but it was not that exciting to watch andthat is why we will be down on season ticketers this campaign.

There is a lot of sense in that post. Yes last season was one of the best ever, but the Carling Cup run was the main reason for that. We were basically on a downer after our Wembley heroics and only stayed in contention for the play-offs because all the other teams around us were just as bad. The final months of the season seemed to linger on until it was finally killed off by that ho so predictable result vs. West Ham.

That damp squid ending is bound to have affected the numbers who renewed for this year.

Whats a damp squid? Is that something to do with the late Paul the octopus. :lol:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Last season we had !8,600 incl Premier etc etc. :ayatollah:

This season we have approx 16,000.

This includes 1,150 new ones who bought for the Carling Cup final.

This includes the 89 who say they are 100% returning theirs.

So there are approx 3,700 Cardiff fans who have now not renewed.

How does the club get them to renew before August 17th when our seasons starts ?

A combination of all those reasons plus the economy is flecked and people are more stretched financially.

Also a lot of kids ate growing up year after year, and once the reach sixteen the costs increase significantly.

If we are doing well and in the top two we would get a couple of thousand more...

Why do u think we are down on numbers ?

Some reasons ? Have u got any ?

Fed up of the championship ?
The new stadium has now worn of ?
Fans no they can just turn up as there is never a full house ?
Still early days ?
Waiting for new signings ?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Totally agree Annis. I have been saying that for a while on here. Not to be negative but a combination of an average season and with a lot of people ' sitting on the fence' re the rebranding I can see thousands not renew next year. A lot of people who re newed this season did so on the back of the extra Cup Final ticket as well. :|

I honestly believe and listen to City fans, many would not of renewed this season if they had known.

I reluctantly renewed mine and the kids for this season and well see what happens this season with the way the re branding effects us.I am normally itching for the new season to start but this year I dont give a shit .I hate the re branding but I have given it a chance and spent my money this season.I think it was disgusting that I renewed and then V T announced the re brand.Red is utter shit.