Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Latest on season tickets "

Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if half the people asking for refunds are people who just wanted cup tickets, using the rebranding as an excuse maybe?

Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:41 pm

hywel wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if half the people asking for refunds are people who just wanted cup tickets, using the rebranding as an excuse maybe?

Dream On :roll:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Xcasual wrote:
hywel wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if half the people asking for refunds are people who just wanted cup tickets, using the rebranding as an excuse maybe?

Dream On :roll:

Doesn't affect me :L

Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:49 pm

Its not this season we need to worry about,its 2013/14 if we don't have any sort of success on the pitch this coming season I can see a mass exodus for 2013/14 season with the disharmony of rebranding ,the lack of atmosphere in the ground and the recession continuing.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:38 pm

I know loads who wont be renewing for one reason or another and not one is due to the rebranding.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:14 pm

Gutted for them, when we're having a really good season they have to pay more to see us :lol:

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:04 pm

If we dont sign some big names and dont go up this season, then I can see it being even less again next season, due to our identity being stripped from us. :cry:

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Totally agree Annis. I have been saying that for a while on here. Not to be negative but a combination of an average season and with a lot of people ' sitting on the fence' re the rebranding I can see thousands not renew next year. A lot of people who re newed this season did so on the back of the extra Cup Final ticket as well. :|

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:32 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Totally agree Annis. I have been saying that for a while on here. Not to be negative but a combination of an average season and with a lot of people ' sitting on the fence' re the rebranding I can see thousands not renew next year. A lot of people who re newed this season did so on the back of the extra Cup Final ticket as well. :|

I honestly believe and listen to City fans, many would not of renewed this season if they had known.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:58 pm

The fans are not happy with the rebranding and the way in which it was done, no consultation. The club said it was leaked before they could do it but we all know that it was already done, they just didn't have the opportunity to announce it and put a positive slant on it. Fans are getting fed up by the way big business is destroying the game we love.

The club said that Tan changed from blue back to red again after the results of the Trust poll maybe he should look at the drop in ST sales, this is far more revealing. As for the timing of the rebrand this was deliberately timed as they knew that most people would have renewed by March with lots tied into payment plan deals with Zebra Finance. If you think this season's sales are worrying wait until next season as a number of fans have told me they couldn't be bothered to cancel but will definitely not renew.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 pm

blue dragon wrote:The fans are not happy with the rebranding and the way in which it was done, no consultation. The club said it was leaked before they could do it but we all know that it was already done, they just didn't have the opportunity to announce it and put a positive slant on it. Fans are getting fed up by the way big business is destroying the game we love.

The club said that Tan changed from blue back to red again after the results of the Trust poll maybe he should look at the drop in ST sales, this is far more revealing. As for the timing of the rebrand this was deliberately timed as they knew that most people would have renewed by March with lots tied into payment plan deals with Zebra Finance. If you think this season's sales are worrying wait until next season as a number of fans have told me they couldn't be bothered to cancel but will definitely not renew.

Got to agree about next season. If we had not got to the Carlin Cup with its renewal offer then the ST number now would be alot lower, a lot lot lower.

Next season it will be low.......unless we get to the premiership.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
blue dragon wrote:The fans are not happy with the rebranding and the way in which it was done, no consultation. The club said it was leaked before they could do it but we all know that it was already done, they just didn't have the opportunity to announce it and put a positive slant on it. Fans are getting fed up by the way big business is destroying the game we love.

Got to agree about next season. If we had not got to the Carlin Cup with its renewal offer then the ST number now would be alot lower, a lot lot lower.

We will never be a big club. Fans too fickle. Before any jacks get excited the same applies to them. Must be a welsh thing.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:47 pm

How many people bought a season ticket after the news of rebranding? I did :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:13 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:How many people bought a season ticket after the news of rebranding? I did :ayatollah:

Nice one fella. Already had mine but the rebranding wouldn't have stopped me. As long as its Cardiff City I'm there :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

We will never be a big club. Fans too fickle. Before any jacks get excited the same applies to them. Must be a welsh thing.

Your quite right. Both clubs will always be around similar size. I don't think there will be anymore clubs really becoming 'big'.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Is dissapointing for me with my birthday being in June and Im 16 now but I have to pay for my own season ticket.

Was Canton 104 Row HH Seat 524.. Moved to Row M in 105 :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:How does the club get them to renew before August 17th when our seasons starts ?

Cancel the rebrand and I will, otherwise I wont ever go back...

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:52 am

I'm yet to renew. I'm not sure if my job will allow me to see enough games. I might just get one anyway.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:35 am

I have no doubt at all that some of them will be.

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:If we dont sign some big names and dont go up this season, then I can see it being even less again next season, due to our identity being stripped from us. :cry:

I disagree it has nothing to do with the rebranding as you know fans at cardiff have been fickle for years and years

Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Totally agree Annis. I have been saying that for a while on here. Not to be negative but a combination of an average season and with a lot of people ' sitting on the fence' re the rebranding I can see thousands not renew next year. A lot of people who re newed this season did so on the back of the extra Cup Final ticket as well. :|

I honestly believe and listen to City fans, many would not of renewed this season if they had known.

How many of them went to the meeting to try and get refunds?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:19 am

My son moved to London and hence I didn't get him a season ticket. Be lonely on my own.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:46 am

I don't really care if they do not renew... to be honest I would rather have 16,000 real fans that 19,000 with 3,000 plastics (all they do is deaden the atmosphere anyway). Plus, not too worried about revenue, Asians will soon buy into the club with Kimbo now here. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:53 am

droopy wrote:I don't really care if they do not renew... to be honest I would rather have 16,000 real fans that 19,000 with 3,000 plastics (all they do is deaden the atmosphere anyway). Plus, not too worried about revenue, Asians will soon buy into the club with Kimbo now here. :ayatollah:

;) I am with you on this, Proper City fans will be there with their "pick n shovel" :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:56 am

It's going to take something special . In the current economic climate ,folk don't need much of an excuse not to renew their season ticket and this hasn't been the best pre season build up .
The biggest plus IMO would be clearing the debt.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:03 am

Are season tickets still on sale?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:06 am

Easilee wrote:Are season tickets still on sale?

Yes they are :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Easilee wrote:Are season tickets still on sale?

Yes they are :ayatollah:

Cheers Annis - my Son has decided he wants a season ticket now

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Leon1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Last season we had !8,600 incl Premier etc etc. :ayatollah:

This season we have approx 16,000.

This includes 1,150 new ones who bought for the Carling Cup final.

This includes the 89 who say they are 100% returning theirs.

So there are approx 3,700 Cardiff fans who have now not renewed.

How does the club get them to renew before August 17th when our seasons starts ?

Why do u think we are down on numbers ?

Some reasons ? Have u got any ?

Fed up of the championship ?
The new stadium has now worn of ?
Fans no they can just turn up as there is never a full house ?
Still early days ?
Waiting for new signings ?

It seems all championship clubs are down a few percent. Annis as you didn't put this in your options. We are in a recession.

Your right about the Recession, City have kept season tickets prices frozen for the last 3 years.

ours were frozen annis.check out w.b.a .they have knocked 50quid off across the board.they are a very well run club

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:14 am

I have said this over and over again, I don't like the rebrand one bit but I would never turn my back on Cardiff City or the players, it's not their fault we have been rebranded. When I see posts that say "I will never go down the stadium again" blah blah blah is so pathetic, the club don't give a shit about people like that, it's plain to see and the only ones your hurting are yourselves.
I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years, even when I was living in Tenerife and Canada I kept my season ticket going, I support Cardiff City not the owners. I bought my wife and daughter a season ticket this year by the way.
Upwards and onwards.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: