Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Latest on season tickets "

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:05 pm

Last season we had !8,600 incl Premier etc etc. :ayatollah:

This season we have approx 16,000.

This includes 1,150 new ones who bought for the Carling Cup final.

This includes the 89 who say they are 100% returning theirs.

So there are approx 3,700 Cardiff fans who have now not renewed.

How does the club get them to renew before August 17th when our seasons starts ?

Why do u think we are down on numbers ?

Some reasons ? Have u got any ?

Fed up of the championship ?
The new stadium has now worn of ?
Fans no they can just turn up as there is never a full house ?
Still early days ?
Waiting for new signings ?

Re: " Latest on season ticket "

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Fans who bought early the season before last because they were convinced it was going to be a premier ticket

Re: " Latest on season tickets "

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:11 pm

Bellamy.

Re: " Latest on season ticket "

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:12 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Fans who bought early the season before last because they were convinced it was going to be a premier ticket

this and i think people who were waiting for result of play-offs were frightened off with this rebranding shit......and if we dont go up next season???????? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Annis I would say the lack of signings may well be an issue? This summer with the re-branding we have all been shaken but if a few quality signings had been made it may well have toned down the level of critisism regarding the red change of colour.

I would guess that July is the end of contracts so movement may well happen now?

I like you am bitterly disappointed regarding the change of badge and playing at home in red but if VT is true to his promise to Malky I'm sure we will see a Blubirds side willing to run and fight for every ball.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:30 pm

If someone like Bellamy or another big named player sign season tickets will most prob go over the 18k :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm sure they'd all have been clamouring for a premier league season ticket if we had got there.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:34 pm

There are new St holders who took up the offer of a cup final ticket. There were also many existing ST holders who renewed on the strength of a second ticket. If these offers were not on the table the number would probably have been lower.

The issue is, with the re branding and many fans 'sitting on the fence/disapprove of the changes or/are reluctant to the changes if we do have an average season we may well see less ST holders next season. On the other hand if the club were promoted it could be a different issue. Time will tell. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Last season we had !8,600 incl Premier etc etc. :ayatollah:

How does the club get them to renew before August 17th when our seasons starts ?

Still early days ?

Some might be waiting to see if we can get rid of Langston before they commit their hard earned money.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:14 pm

People are skint and would rather pay the mortgage, feed and cloth their families than watch a load of overpaid kids kick a football around.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Playing in Red :o :shock:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:37 pm

family stand members who never attended?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:15 pm

From Facebook

Rob King
Hi Annis I didn't renew my season ticket in the ninian stand due to no atmosphere round me did watch the semi final of carling cup over closer to away fans which was pretty good so thought id renew over there. Then I let it go till the dead line. Then this red v blue came out so don't know what to do for best. Think I'll go to a few games and see which way this situation turns out.
about an hour ago via Mobile ยท

Neil Wixon
I ve renew my season tickets for next season I wouldn't have bother to be honest when this rebranding came out after the west ham play-off semi I was half way paying mine on the 5 month payment plan,VT and TG were very sneaky doing this rebranding with our beloved city I will follow cardiff city but I won't be wearing Red I be wearing blue every home games

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote: Some reasons ? Have u got any ?

I think it's those two. :roll:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:29 pm

I would say a lot of them that have not renewed is because we were not an exciting team to watch. With the likes of Bothroyd, Chopra, Burke, Bellamy and Whittingham in the squad the chances of seeing some entertaining football was high. Some of the football they played was awesome. Take Leeds away and how many clubs went to the liberty and do a Swansea on the Swansea? We did with those players. Shame they could not produce that exciting football on a consistant basis andas far as i am concerned there is only one person to blame for that.

Last season although it was just as successful as any of the previous 5 seasons the football was not that exciting. Blackpool away and the Carling cup final were the best performances but after that I am struggling to think who we outplayed seriously. It was a typical Roy of the Rovers season with hard workers earning their bread but it was not that exciting to watch andthat is why we will be down on season ticketers this campaign.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:51 pm

People are fed up of being treated like mugs.
Money is tight
Football was shite

CCS is awful - even away fans don't wanna come there anymore.
The club have missed a trick not swapping ends.

Bring back standing
f**k off stewards

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I would say a lot of them that have not renewed is because we were not an exciting team to watch. With the likes of Bothroyd, Chopra, Burke, Bellamy and Whittingham in the squad the chances of seeing some entertaining football was high. Some of the football they played was awesome. Take Leeds away and how many clubs went to the liberty and do a Swansea on the Swansea? We did with those players. Shame they could not produce that exciting football on a consistant basis andas far as i am concerned there is only one person to blame for that.

Last season although it was just as successful as any of the previous 5 seasons the football was not that exciting. Blackpool away and the Carling cup final were the best performances but after that I am struggling to think who we outplayed seriously. It was a typical Roy of the Rovers season with hard workers earning their bread but it was not that exciting to watch andthat is why we will be down on season ticketers this campaign.

There is a lot of sense in that post. Yes last season was one of the best ever, but the Carling Cup run was the main reason for that. We were basically on a downer after our Wembley heroics and only stayed in contention for the play-offs because all the other teams around us were just as bad. The final months of the season seemed to linger on until it was finally killed off by that ho so predictable result vs. West Ham.

That damp squid ending is bound to have affected the numbers who renewed for this year.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:02 pm

Still early days ?

It seems all championship clubs are down a few percent. Annis as you didn't put this in your options. We are in a recession.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:04 pm

Leon1927 wrote:

Still early days ?

It seems all championship clubs are down a few percent. Annis as you didn't put this in your options. We are in a recession.

Your right about the Recession, City have kept season tickets prices frozen for the last 3 years.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:06 pm

eddiep wrote:People are fed up of being treated like mugs.
Money is tight
Football was shite

Bring back standing
f**k off stewards

They won't swap ends. To expensive (policing)

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Leon1927 wrote:

Still early days ?

Your right about the Recession, City have kept season tickets prices frozen for the last 3 years.

Still need a job to get one.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Does extra policing cost the same as 3000+ missing fans per game?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Let's wait til the season starts and then look for reasons should there be any.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Despite me being a supporter for YEARS, only this year has my personal circumstances allowed me to buy a Season ticket for the first time ever!!

I got it before the West Ham playoffs thinking championship footy next year - so no Carling cup offer for me. Imagine how gutted I was when all this rebranding news broke! before this I was very, very excited and relly looking forward to the new season. Even the commute from home , which is (pretty much) Swansea was not putting me off....and now, well....what can I say? gutted. God yes, but with a hint of "lets wait and see" too.

As its my first full season as a Season Ticket holder I feel slightly drawn to a buy red shirt as a "momento" of my first year as a ST holder, god knows it'll be a memorable season for us fans come what may - but in truth the whole red shirt / bad badge situation still gets me down, and I will probably still wear Blue to 90% of games.

In response to the options given as to why numbers are down I do think fiscal matters in a recession are a big, big factor (poor rugby crowds are now almost non-existant in a supposed "rugby loving nation") and I think another off puting factor is that a LOT of our home games were moved last year to the point where we only had 7 games that had 3pm KOs on a sat. If you have work / family etc and games keep getting moved - how can you plan around it? Finally, the whole media hype around "franchise FC" has put some people off too

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Gutted the sales are down because this will obvioulsy impact on our financial burden but............what do we expect its nothing but a circus lately.

Grrrrrr

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:15 pm

[quote="Bakedalasker"] would say a lot of them that have not renewed is because we were not an exciting team to watch. With the likes of Bothroyd, Chopra, Burke, Bellamy and Whittingham in the squad the chances of seeing some entertaining football was high. Some of the football they played was awesome. Take Leeds away and how many clubs went to the liberty and do a Swansea on the Swansea? We did with those players. Shame they could not produce that exciting football on a consistant basis andas far as i am concerned there is only one person to blame for that.

Good post. I agree with what you say. Last seasons team did not have the flair of the previous seasons team. Last year we had a hard working team who got worked out for the second half of the season. I thought that the tactics were slightly disappointing and negative and the football was not of the same quality as the previous season. e.g. When we played 4-5-1 at home against Coventry (a bottom 3 team at the time.) Lets hope for a few new faces and some decent football this season. Onwards and upwards. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:20 pm

eddiep wrote:People are fed up of being treated like mugs.
Money is tight
Football was shite

Bring back standing
f**k off stewards

Don't remember too many sell outs at Ninian park when we had standing and staring at away fans, and in truth there were more bad atmospheres than good ones there by a mile, if we went back to anarchy, we'd attract a few hundred wannabe hooligans and lose a few thousand decent fans.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:52 pm

After 7 consecutive years I never renewed as I don't meet student criteria as I'm over 21 even tho I'm in full time education 3days a week,work for free the other 2 days and am living off saving as I have no income. Club wants to charge me an extra 130 quid as I'm over 21 years old

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:32 pm

Do I go in with the people who didnt renew? I never renewed but I bought a knew 1 last week? Waited until my birthday! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Dont forget Annis that our club offered a 5 months interest free payment plan, so you are right we are well down on sales. Sign Bellamy and who knows :ayatollah: