Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Wales predicted to be independent in a generation

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:09 pm

wez 1927 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:we'd be stint within 5 years :lol:

Nah. If we (Cymru) becomes like Scotland or has some union with England, then it'd be ideal.

Really :lol: and how are we going to cover the benefit handouts alone in Wales then..?

stop given them to anyone whos not born here

Does that mean England as well? I hate to think what the indred and thick nationalists would do if they were in control, the persecution of anyone who doesn't speak Welsh or is from Wales will be akin to the Jews under Nazi Germany.

:old: :old: :old:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
wez 1927 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:

Nah. If we (Cymru) becomes like Scotland or has some union with England, then it'd be ideal.

Really :lol: and how are we going to cover the benefit handouts alone in Wales then..?

Does that mean England as well? I hate to think what the indred and thick nationalists would do if they were in control, the persecution of anyone who doesn't speak Welsh or is from Wales will be akin to the Jews under Nazi Germany.

God here she goes again :roll:

Akin to the Nazi English government that banned Welsh people from speaking reading and
writing their own language for years?

Thick and inbred eh?

Like Mohammed Asghar? Plaid Cymru Welsh assembly member?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:42 pm

Aramore wrote:
skybluebird wrote:
Aramore wrote:If Wales becomes independent I'm moving to England.

Assuming England would want you. If you have said anything abusive about England or the English (HAVE YOU?) then that would have been noted by the 'Spy's' on this board......and you'll have no chance!!!! :roll:

Nope. Squeaky clean on that front. :D

we,d let you in mate.no problem.i,d vouch for you :D

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:45 pm

I bet that means we will get kicked out of the english leagues aswell!

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:48 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:I bet that means we will get kicked out of the english leagues aswell!

Its not the English League, its the Football league.

However, they probably would want to

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:48 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:I bet that means we will get kicked out of the english leagues aswell!

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:50 pm

jtc wrote:
Aramore wrote:
skybluebird wrote:

Assuming England would want you. If you have said anything abusive about England or the English (HAVE YOU?) then that would have been noted by the 'Spy's' on this board......and you'll have no chance!!!! :roll:

There we go sorted.

I've already sent my sister over to Birmingham to pave the way for myself anyways. :D

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:51 pm

Aramore wrote:
jtc wrote:
Aramore wrote:
skybluebird wrote:

There we go sorted.

I've already sent my sister over to Birmingham to pave the way for myself anyways. :D

Looks like you won't need my help. :cry:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:58 pm

taffyapple wrote:
wez 1927 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:

God here she goes again :roll:

Akin to the Nazi English government that banned Welsh people from speaking reading and
writing their own language for years?

Thick and inbred eh?

Like Mohammed Asghar? Plaid Cymru Welsh assembly member?

He's been a Tory for a few years now hasn't he

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:59 pm

wez 1927 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:

I haven't been on here long but i can already see you're a complete cock who seeks attention to make up for his lack of intelligence, friends and sex life.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:00 pm

Aramore wrote:
jtc wrote:
Aramore wrote:
skybluebird wrote:

There we go sorted.

.does she like it?north of brum me mate.nice enough .born and bred off durham folk.million ,miles away from brum in terms of the people.if you lived on my estate you,d find a few welsh or welsh descent.the three houses next to me are jocks.everyone gets on .they came for the mines

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:07 pm

If we went independent we would be fucked :lol: we wont even be allowed into the eurozone seeing as we would just end up like Greece. Lets go from being ruled by the British to being ruled by the germans

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Thought this was a serious article then read the headline and realised it was a plaid boast. Far more likely for plaid to be extinct then an independent Wales

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:58 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Stupid comment. Just because it doesn't say 'English' in the name, it's not an English league? I guess La Liga isn't Spanish either by that logic? Wales, England and Scotland all have their own FA's and in turn leagues, but it is possile for a team to change between them. The English just happens to be the most dominant therefore any movement is to there.

But yeah, Wales, albeit in an Englishman's opinion, is screwed without the UK. I genuinely don't understand why anyone wants to leave the union. We all share wealth, in turn making Wales far more ppwerful than its size would allow it to be normally. And that needs to all be given up because some uneducated idiots occasionally mistake it for England?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:57 pm

I hope not dont think we can sustain our own economy. Too much risk imo.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:41 pm

Andrew9545 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Stupid comment. Just because it doesn't say 'English' in the name, it's not an English league? I guess La Liga isn't Spanish either by that logic? Wales, England and Scotland all have their own FA's and in turn leagues, but it is possile for a team to change between them. The English just happens to be the most dominant therefore any movement is to there.

But yeah, Wales, albeit in an Englishman's opinion, is screwed without the UK. I genuinely don't understand why anyone wants to leave the union. We all share wealth, in turn making Wales far more ppwerful than its size would allow it to be normally. And that needs to all be given up because some uneducated idiots occasionally mistake it for England?

Not a stupid comment at all if you know your History.

Cardiff City NEVER joined an English League. In its infancy, the football league was just an
amalgamation of different leagues, including Welsh Clubs, but as it grew, the predominance
was obviously English, as its a far bigger country. Those are facts. Cardiff City did not 'move'
to an English League.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Angry Man wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:The nationalists and the proud brit/Welsh lot miss the point here.

Wales was at the heart of the industrial revolution. Welsh steel and coal
fuelled the last great growth of the British Empire.

Its all gone now.

Wales has nothing to offer. Industry has been decimated by successive
governments. Wales has become a country of call-centre workers and
Public Sector workers.

"Britain" (Rule Brittania and all that up in London) dont want Wales no
more, we got f**k all left to take.

London would now love to wave bye-bye, thanks for your loyalty and
graft over the years, thanks for the brave men who fought for Britain.

Now, erm.... crack on.

Britain is fucked. Like a human being going into shock, protect the vital
organs first (London, England)... then f**k off the arms and legs.

Twenty years time. Wales will be independant. But we'll have been raped
of every natural resource and industry first

Philosophical and true. Wales was industrious until the "Milk-snatcher" closed the mines. :? :?

Sorry are you on about the loss making mines..? If they were money making then why haven't private companies re-opened them..? Hold on is it because they would cost too much..? :lol:

The Tories had been warned that the Coal Industry needed investment and modernisation
else it fall further behind countries like Germany who had modernised and were able to
extract coal far cheaper.

Thatcher got her bean counters on it and decided to let the mines fall into disrepair. then
of course, the Trade Unions were killed off after the Miners Strike. Then she was able to
start her slave labour plans. Of course once she started to buy German coal, and our mines
were fucked.... they whacked the price up on us.

I'm not sure if the revolting old slag was on Commission, but I'm sure they'll name some
German Sauerkraut Factories after her when she finally gets the call from Satan.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:00 pm

^^^^ THIS

Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:02 pm

Mines be fucked. Lets be honest theres not many of us who would go down there.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:19 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Andrew9545 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Cardiff City NEVER joined an English League. In its infancy, the football league was just an
amalgamation of different leagues, including Welsh Clubs, but as it grew, the predominance
was obviously English, as its a far bigger country. Those are facts. Cardiff City did not 'move'
to an English League.

Sigh...

Have a look at Newport County's history and why they are called the exiles. Because the FA of Wales did their best to block all entry into the English leagues.

And I don't care what happened one hundred years ago. You're telling me the leagues governed by the English FA, aren't English. You're ridiculous. An English team plays on the Welsh leagues, is that league British?

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:34 pm

skybluebird wrote:
wez 1927 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:

So adopting your theory. What happens if you were born elsewhere but had been a hard working person paying taxes for say 20 years and then through no fault of your own you were made redundant. Should that person be denied benifits?

yes unless they paid enough taxes as you put it but no hand outs to anyone else :o

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:41 pm

wez 1927 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:

gurgle gurgle what did your mother tell you about talking with your mouthful you old spunk gargler

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:44 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Andrew9545 wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Queens Park got to the cup final a few times but lost so Bluebird since 1948 WE ARE THE ONLY TEAM TO TAKE THE CUP OUT OF eNGLAND!!!

to an English League.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:51 pm

Right first the leagues used to be british as Queens park (Scottish) got to the cup final a few times but lost thus making us (are you hanging on to your braces 1948) THE ONLY TEAM TO TAKE THE CUP OUT OF eNGLAND!!

Yes the mines are fucked but we seem to be at the forefront of renewable/nuclear energy and hold a lot of this water stuff they are so short off, i'd rather have decisions made by some Welsh knob than an english one.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Bluebird working in swansea wrote:Right first the leagues used to be british as Queens park (Scottish) got to the cup final a few times but lost thus making us (are you hanging on to your braces 1948) THE ONLY TEAM TO TAKE THE CUP OUT OF eNGLAND!!

Yes the mines are fucked but we seem to be at the forefront of renewable/nuclear energy and hold a lot of this water stuff they are so short off, i'd rather have decisions made by some Welsh knob than an english one.

So you want our entire economy to be based around a short term trend where we're reliant on England to buy water off us when, if we were charging enough to make us self-sustainable, they'd have far more success building water treatment plants and converting the sea water into drinking water. They don't now because they don't need to as we give them water.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:53 pm

Aramore wrote:
Bluebird working in swansea wrote:Right first the leagues used to be british as Queens park (Scottish) got to the cup final a few times but lost thus making us (are you hanging on to your braces 1948) THE ONLY TEAM TO TAKE THE CUP OUT OF eNGLAND!!

So you want our entire economy to be based around a short term trend where we're reliant on England to buy water off us when, if we were charging enough to make us self-sustainable, they'd have far more success building water treatment plants and converting the sea water into drinking water. They don't now because they don't need to as we give them water.

Water / Energy what are the prices that are going through the roof these days? They already have Water treatment plants that they can't afford to run because as you say WE GIVE THEM WATER!!

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:13 pm

We would be ok in cardiff, :lol: :ayatollah:

but you gotta go against it for the sake of our nation

Farming is one heck of an industry to get into food reproduction, with inflation and food shortages over the next 15-20 years maybe sooner who knows,
so their is alot of potential in wales, we will see a massive shift from materialistic life going more so fundamental things and it will be more about who's got a hot meal on their plate and a kettle to boil than how much sky sports is for the month

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:16 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:If we went independent we would be fucked :lol: we wont even be allowed into the eurozone seeing as we would just end up like Greece. Lets go from being ruled by the British to being ruled by the germans

:ayatollah: now ur talking... :lol:

first thing, swap the pound for euros, or introduce your own welsh currency (the "baaa" or something u can identify wales with) ;)
then, introduce the continental traffic setup and drive on the right hand side... :D this is to be enforced from half way across the severn bridge...
;)

Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:28 am

Would we have to pay more for English TV channels like the BBC..?

Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:49 am

f**k the union. Im Welsh not British!