Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' We want all fans to support club '

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:14 pm

" We want all fans to support club, says Cardiff City chief Alan Whiteley "

by Terry Phillips, South Wales EchoJun 29 2012

Cardiff City chief executive Alan Whiteley invited all fans – around 90 of them – who asked for refunds on their season tickets to attend a meeting on Wednesday night.

More than a third went along to the Cardiff City Stadium to have their say and for two hours Whiteley was grilled.

He was on a loser from the start as every supporter in the room was against the rebranding introduced by the club’s Malaysian investors.

“I wanted to talk to those fans and am still willing to sit down with those who wish to have their say,” said Whiteley.

“But we also have to move on with the new season coming up quickly.

“Everybody at the football club wants all fans to feel they can come and support their team.

“I still hope that those who came to the meeting can do that.”

Cardiff City have said they will make a decision over the next 10 days on requests for season ticket refunds.

However, the decision that red will be the colour of Cardiff’s home kit this season as well as the dragon-dominated badge is final.

But club officials say there will be more consultation next summer over both kit and fans before a decision is made for the 2013-14 campaign.

Around 15,000 questionnaires will be sent out and 20 of those who fill them in will be invited to a meeting when there will be five potential badges and five potential kits.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1zCBZ2yBr

Re: ' We want all fans to support club '

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:56 pm

20 out of 15,000? Hardly seems a fair representation, does it? And who is to say the 20 chosen aren't plants, to go along with whatever hare-brained superstition VT has next year?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Doktah Jay wrote:20 out of 15,000? Hardly seems a fair representation, does it? And who is to say the 20 chosen aren't plants, to go along with whatever hare-brained superstition VT has next year?

Agreed. Good point Doktah.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:33 pm

"Around 15,000 questionnaires will be sent out and 20 of those who fill them in will be invited to a meeting when there will be five potential badges and five potential kits."

Don't be duped folks. 5 Red kits and 5 Dragon badges (with no Bluebird in sight, I bet) and hand-picked fans to choose the winner.

http://www.keepcardiffblue.co.uk

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Hope I get one of those questionaires, and it's good news that the club are going to consult with fans over 2013/2014 seasons kit and badge. I personally would love to see us have some of those blue red mix kits shown by one of the fans on here a month or so ago. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" We want all fans to support club, says Cardiff City chief Alan Whiteley "

Cardiff City chief executive Alan Whiteley invited all fans – around 90 of them – who asked for refunds on their season tickets to attend a meeting on Wednesday night.

More than a third went along to the Cardiff City Stadium to have their say and for two hours Whiteley was grilled.

He was on a loser from the start as every supporter in the room was against the rebranding introduced by the club’s Malaysian investors.

“I wanted to talk to those fans and am still willing to sit down with those who wish to have their say,” said Whiteley.

“Everybody at the football club wants all fans to feel they can come and support their team.

Cardiff City have said they will make a decision over the next 10 days on requests for season ticket refunds.

However, the decision that red will be the colour of Cardiff’s home kit this season as well as the dragon-dominated badge is final.

But club officials say there will be more consultation next summer over both kit and fans before a decision is made for the 2013-14 campaign.

Around 15,000 questionnaires will be sent out and 20 of those who fill them in will be invited to a meeting when there will be five potential badges and five potential kits.

The fans should have been asked about the kits before this crap happened,it's a bit late now.It's a joke! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:18 pm

"We want all fans to support the Club"

Well keep us playing in Blue as Bluebirds and that's what will happen Vincent.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:29 pm

This is what I have stated numerous times the club cannot seem to do anything right. 20 people to decide our kit and badge . They should all resign , not a clue ,deary deary me.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" We want all fans to support club, says Cardiff City chief Alan Whiteley "

Will all season ticket holders get this questionnaire???

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:05 pm

This is the most important season in the history of the club.
When fans go - they don't come back.

I don't think this just applies to Cardiff City although the unconsulted re-brand is an axe through the middle of us.

Football is eating itself.

I hope they can stop pretending and listen to us fans.

The club needs the Blue Army more than they realise

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Why was the club unable to send out 15,000 questionaires about the rebranding before it happened?

Oh yeah, because they knew what the answer would be!

They can do it now though, when Vincent has had his way.........

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:Why was the club unable to send out 15,000 questionaires about the rebranding before it happened?

Oh yeah, because they knew what the answer would be!

They can do it now though, when Vincent has had his way.........

Think you may be onto something :lol:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:14 pm

dazzyt wrote:

The fans should have been asked about the kits before this crap happened,it's a bit late now.It's a joke! :ayatollah:

Been asked and then what,? do you think the club is run by a majority committee decision.?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Imagine being one of the 20 selected fans and you go to the club and select a badge/kit design that the 14,980 who filled in the questionnaire HATE with a passion...........you would be about as welcome at the CCS as a Plastic Enlish/Cardiff fan :? :roll:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:37 pm

If you want us all to support CCFC next season, or any other time in the future, then don't insult and humiliate us by changing the very character of our club. Everybody that I know, apart from our own fans, has had a laugh at Cardiff City. And don't insult our intelleigence by pretending that we are on our way to the Premier League. We must have the most gutless board in the land. If Tan told them to stick their heads in a bucket of tar, the they would do so. Pathetic.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:05 pm

just got back from Menorca to this Langston shit and what a downer again.

By the way me and the kids got a few other fans talking cos they commented on are city tops english ,Irish and Scots new they were Cardiff tops and some new about the rebranding and the few that did nt we told em and very single one of em said if it was there club they would hate a color and badge change .

To be honest I was embarrast talking about it.Talks to a saints fan this afternoon an he new about the rebranding he said he wouldnt buy the new kit and he would strongly oppose any change like this at his own club he said it would be gutting and felt sorry for Cardiff fans as the identity had been lost his words and like many others I spoke to in Menorca.

Langston is a no so that means we went Red for nothing no money without Langston being payed .It just got worse and I was expecting some good news ha.Menorca was a nice place though :ayatollah: