Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is this right about the founder premier club members

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:32 pm

They have brought into a deal over a certain period of time. However if the club got promoted they would have to pay more bearing in mind that the end of the period in question still may not have expired. Is that right or not..?

Re: Is this right about the founder premier club members

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm

No. Members signed a 5 year contract. Monthly fees cannot be increased during the 5 year period although the club did reduce the Level 4 monthly fee quite substationaly in year 1 as nobody would buy the seats at the prices quoted.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:45 pm

bluebirds wrote:No. Members signed a 5 year contract. Monthly fees cannot be increased during the 5 year period although the club did reduce the Level 4 monthly fee quite substationaly in year 1 as nobody would buy the seats at the prices quoted.

So why the complaining then..?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Angry Man wrote:
bluebirds wrote:No. Members signed a 5 year contract. Monthly fees cannot be increased during the 5 year period although the club did reduce the Level 4 monthly fee quite substationaly in year 1 as nobody would buy the seats at the prices quoted.

Founder Members paid an upfront fee which is no longer required for new members. Therefore, the club agreed to pay back this fee over the last 4 years of the 5 year contract by way of car parking pass, free tickets, vouchers etc. However, at last nights meeting they wanted to end this and pay nothing in year 4 but reduce the monthly fee in year 5 by the amounts due for year 4 and 5 (if that makes sense!). This arrangement did not suite everyone but it was more the way it was presented more than anything. This change was bundled in with a meeting last night to see the physical changes they are making to Level 4. I feel it would have been better to present the changes in a separate meeting but foresight is a wonderful thing!!

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:57 pm

bluebirds wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Founder Members paid an upfront fee which is no longer required for new members. Therefore, the club agreed to pay back this fee over the last 4 years of the 5 year contract by way of car parking pass, free tickets, vouchers etc. However, at last nights meeting they wanted to end this and pay nothing in year 4 but reduce the monthly fee in year 5 by the amounts due for year 4 and 5 (if that makes sense!). This arrangement did not suite everyone but it was more the way it was presented more than anything. This change was bundled in with a meeting last night to see the physical changes they are making to Level 4. I feel it would have been better to present the changes in a separate meeting but foresight is a wonderful thing!!

Thanks for that, however surely if some didn't mind and some did then couldn't they give each individual the option of what they would prefer..?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:42 pm

Angry Man wrote:
bluebirds wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Thanks for that, however surely if some didn't mind and some did then couldn't they give each individual the option of what they would prefer..?

You would have thought so; but they obviously had not thought it through. I still do not understand why they are varying the payment into Year 5. I think everyone would have been more understanding if they had communicated why they were doing this. No reason was given.

For me, I do not care either way but some supporters like the current arrangement and the club should accommodate them especially as they are paying £1k per season and the cost to the club seems to be neutral. Anyway, compared to the kit change it is rather trivial but it is a bit of an issue the club have 'invented' where there really did not need to. :roll:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:13 pm

bluebirds wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
bluebirds wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

You would have thought so; but they obviously had not thought it through. I still do not understand why they are varying the payment into Year 5. I think everyone would have been more understanding if they had communicated why they were doing this. No reason was given.

For me, I do not care either way but some supporters like the current arrangement and the club should accommodate them especially as they are paying £1k per season and the cost to the club seems to be neutral. Anyway, compared to the kit change it is rather trivial but it is a bit of an issue the club have 'invented' where there really did not need to. :roll:

I agree there, whoever is the PR person behind the club in recent months should be sacked.