Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: IF YOU LIKE UNEMPLOYMENT, YOU,RE GONNA LOVE

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:07 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Completely changed Tone.

The main factors of companies taking on agency staff are (a) so that they don't require a HR department and the costs which go with that and (b) their cashflow can continue as they are paying wages on 60 day terms rather than every week or month if staff were on their books.

With regards to your other point. I think it all depends on what industry you are in. If you are on about minimum wage staff then there would be 'some' truth in what you are saying because there is always a list of replacements due to the nature of work. However the higher up the trade scale where the individuals are alot harder to get then you will be treated far better because (a) the agency makes more money from you and (b) it can take along time to get you replaced.

I wouldn't dispute that Angry Man. Obviously if your agency was providing accountants or engineers then they would be treated well because there is a shortage of highly qualified professionals and companies are desperate for them.

Lower down though it is a complete contrast and TBH I wasn't having ago at your agency for the conditions and treatment dealt out at a place of work you provide staff to.

My point was that if you are treated like shit for low pay then not only are you going to get a high turnover of staff, but also a reluctance for workers to take up these positions in the first place. The reason for that is not laziness but because no-one deserves in this day and age to be treated in derogatory way.

So really you might be aiming your anger at the wrong people, because if an employer is good to work for then they never struggle to attract good hard working staff but a bad employer always does.

Thats very true , good companys dont even have to go to Agents , they would have a list of people just waiting for a Job.
If you have to keep looking for people to work for you , then you cant be worth working for. full stop !!

Agents save money and keep the cash flow going so if you had a company then you would prefer to spend money in pointless areas. I doubt it

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Angry Man wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

Thats very true , good companys dont even have to go to Agents , they would have a list of people just waiting for a Job.
If you have to keep looking for people to work for you , then you cant be worth working for. full stop !!

Agents save money and keep the cash flow going so if you had a company then you would prefer to spend money in pointless areas. I doubt it

What like a decent canteen, toilet or washroom?

If you can't provide the decent basics you shouldn't be in business.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

What like a decent canteen, toilet or washroom?

If you can't provide the decent basics you shouldn't be in business.

Pointless areas I meant was like having a HR department which is something I highlighted eariler on in the thread

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:56 pm

The way i see it if you are in the middle with a good work ethic you get shafted from above (knobs tax dodging and off shore accounts etc) and below scrounging gits no intention of working happy to sit in all day doing f all but picking up the giro cheque. In the middle you pay taxes to fund these bums get to buy an expensive house putting you in hoc to the banks so the old school tie brigade can keep on drinking champers and snorting cocaine. IMHO Communism is the Answer!! Viva le revolution and viva Che, f**k capitalism :D :D

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:58 pm

Bluebird working in swansea wrote:The way i see it if you are in the middle with a good work ethic you get shafted from above (knobs tax dodging and off shore accounts etc) and below scrounging gits no intention of working happy to sit in all day doing f all but picking up the giro cheque. In the middle you pay taxes to fund these bums get to buy an expensive house putting you in hoc to the banks so the old school tie brigade can keep on drinking champers and snorting cocaine. IMHO Communism is the Answer!! Viva le revolution and viva Che, f**k capitalism :D :D

Having lived in a Communist country (Veitnam) before they opened their doors to tourists and believe me it was the best time of my life

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:12 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Bluebird working in swansea wrote:The way i see it if you are in the middle with a good work ethic you get shafted from above (knobs tax dodging and off shore accounts etc) and below scrounging gits no intention of working happy to sit in all day doing f all but picking up the giro cheque. In the middle you pay taxes to fund these bums get to buy an expensive house putting you in hoc to the banks so the old school tie brigade can keep on drinking champers and snorting cocaine. IMHO Communism is the Answer!! Viva le revolution and viva Che, f**k capitalism :D :D

Having lived in a Communist country (Veitnam) before they opened their doors to tourists and believe me it was the best time of my life

Went to Cuba for my hols best quote ever from a guide taking us on a trip Cuba is the safest place on earth we have no deadly spiders, no deadly snakes and no americans!!! Long live Fidel!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Angry Man wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:Hundreds maybe, but I don't know if you've noticed but there's well over 2 million unemployed and nowhere near that number of job vacancies :roll:

My daughter is a graduate and spent a year sending in 135 applications for jobs, didn't get an interview until number 135 and then got the job in front of 250 other applicants.

I'm not sure where you reside but it ain't in the real world that's for sure :evil: :roll:

I'm on the other end of the phone ringing people up and asking if they want to start tomorrow!!! Thats the real world!!! If you stopped benefits overnight the work ethic in people would also change overnight and save the taxpayer a fortune

Absolute bollocks :twisted:

No doubt there are plenty of people who don't want to work. But it is beyond argument that there are more unemployed than there are jobs :roll:

I advertised for 25 vacancies a couple of weeks ago. Not bad money for clerical work (around £17K) and we had over 500 applicants so please don't insult me by claiming that people don't want to work because having had my staff trawl through those application forms 340 of them were from those not currently in employment.

You really are out of touch with the labour market if you really believe that people can just go out and get a job :roll:[/quote]

I have been offering work to start the very next day!!!! Strange how you can call people who work in the recruitment sector 'out of touch' :lol:[/quote]

And what wages were you offering :roll: Let me guess, minimum wage and part time hours. People have rent. mortgage and bills to pay after many of them losing their previous jobs through redundancy and all being committed to long term expenditure :evil:

I repeat, you know very little about the real employment market if what you are spouting off is what you really believe :twisted:[/quote]

Sorry but can you read..? I clearly stated FULL TIME HOURS and I can assure you that HGV Class 1 drivers won't get olut of bed for minimum wage so you assuming clear untruths doesn't really add anything to your arguement.

In fact my drivers actually get paid more than the premanent drivers at sites and it may shock many when I say that many HGV drivers prefer to take agency work rather than premanent work because (a) more money, (b) the varity of work and (c) they can take control of their working hours.

So please, rather than trying to impress others with your guess work please leave me spout the truth about my business and you spout the truth about yours.[/quote]

but your not offering better wages or permanent positions
average pay for a hgv 1 driver is £9.25 an hour, starting at £7 an hour for newly qualified drivers and up to a maximum of £20 an hour depending on cargo and experience
your offering a temporary 13 week assignment at £8 an hour

so if someone takes that job
not only are you paying them under the average when you ditch them after 13 weeks they will lose all their benefits
so the only person benefiting from that situation is you and your profit margin

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:25 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:Hundreds maybe, but I don't know if you've noticed but there's well over 2 million unemployed and nowhere near that number of job vacancies :roll:

My daughter is a graduate and spent a year sending in 135 applications for jobs, didn't get an interview until number 135 and then got the job in front of 250 other applicants.

I'm not sure where you reside but it ain't in the real world that's for sure :evil: :roll:

I'm on the other end of the phone ringing people up and asking if they want to start tomorrow!!! Thats the real world!!! If you stopped benefits overnight the work ethic in people would also change overnight and save the taxpayer a fortune

No doubt there are plenty of people who don't want to work. But it is beyond argument that there are more unemployed than there are jobs :roll:

I advertised for 25 vacancies a couple of weeks ago. Not bad money for clerical work (around £17K) and we had over 500 applicants so please don't insult me by claiming that people don't want to work because having had my staff trawl through those application forms 340 of them were from those not currently in employment.

You really are out of touch with the labour market if you really believe that people can just go out and get a job :roll:

I have been offering work to start the very next day!!!! Strange how you can call people who work in the recruitment sector 'out of touch' :lol:[/quote]

And what wages were you offering :roll: Let me guess, minimum wage and part time hours. People have rent. mortgage and bills to pay after many of them losing their previous jobs through redundancy and all being committed to long term expenditure :evil:

I repeat, you know very little about the real employment market if what you are spouting off is what you really believe :twisted:[/quote]

Sorry but can you read..? I clearly stated FULL TIME HOURS and I can assure you that HGV Class 1 drivers won't get olut of bed for minimum wage so you assuming clear untruths doesn't really add anything to your arguement.

In fact my drivers actually get paid more than the premanent drivers at sites and it may shock many when I say that many HGV drivers prefer to take agency work rather than premanent work because (a) more money, (b) the varity of work and (c) they can take control of their working hours.

So please, rather than trying to impress others with your guess work please leave me spout the truth about my business and you spout the truth about yours.[/quote]

average pay for a hgv 1 driver is £9.25 an hour, starting at £7 an hour for newly qualified drivers and up to a maximum of £20 an hour depending on cargo and experience

not only are you paying them under the average when you ditch them after 13 weeks they will lose all their benefits
so the only person benefiting from that situation is you and your profit margin[/quote]

What a load of shit!!! :lol: £20 an hour in this area FFS!!! :lol: £9.25 in this area!!! FFS!!! not a chance £8 is the average believe me. If you worked for a main haulage company in this area you will be looking at £7/£7.50 per hour if you are premenant member of staff.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

You really are out of touch with the labour market if you really believe that people can just go out and get a job :roll:

I have been offering work to start the very next day!!!! Strange how you can call people who work in the recruitment sector 'out of touch' :lol:

so the only person benefiting from that situation is you and your profit margin[/quote]

What a load of shit!!! :lol: £20 an hour in this area FFS!!! :lol: £9.25 in this area!!! FFS!!! not a chance £8 is the average believe me. If you worked for a main haulage company in this area you will be looking at £7/£7.50 per hour if you are premenant member of staff.[/quote]

sorry done my homework
fob people off all you want
1 your not offering permanent positions
2 your paying below the national average
so your still ripping people off left right and centre
but as long as you bank balance is healthy who care right
recruitment agencies (skin merchants)
no permanent employment prospects
no promotion prospects
dead mans alley

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:35 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

I have been offering work to start the very next day!!!! Strange how you can call people who work in the recruitment sector 'out of touch' :lol:

I repeat, you know very little about the real employment market if what you are spouting off is what you really believe :twisted:

What a load of shit!!! :lol: £20 an hour in this area FFS!!! :lol: £9.25 in this area!!! FFS!!! not a chance £8 is the average believe me. If you worked for a main haulage company in this area you will be looking at £7/£7.50 per hour if you are premenant member of staff.[/quote]

sorry done my homework
no promotion prospects
dead mans alley[/quote]

so you are saying its UK national average now then and not average in South Wales!!!! and you call that homework!!! FFS!!! :lol:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:39 pm

Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

I repeat, you know very little about the real employment market if what you are spouting off is what you really believe :twisted:

So please, rather than trying to impress others with your guess work please leave me spout the truth about my business and you spout the truth about yours.

sorry done my homework
no promotion prospects
dead mans alley[/quote]

so you are saying its UK national average now then and not average in South Wales!!!! and you call that homework!!! FFS!!! :lol:[/quote]

yeah national average why should you do a job for less just because of where you live? doesnt that go against your communist ideals
ive done my homework and you are by far the lowest wage ive found and the job isnt even permanent
your taking advantage of peoples desperation

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Firstly as you know Im not a communist I just said I enjoyed my time living in a Communist country so dont twist my words. Secondly even the public sector dont follow national averages because the standard of living is different throughout Britian.

Your homework is completely flawed unfortunately but do keep trying

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Angry Man wrote:Firstly as you know Im not a communist I just said I enjoyed my time living in a Communist country so dont twist my words. Secondly even the public sector dont follow national averages because the standard of living is different throughout Britian.

not at all it wasnt that long ago we were arguing of decent pay for a decent days work and how angry you were that immigrants were dragging wages down because they will work for less.
now youve taken a complete u-turn and now your paying them what you can get away with and taken advantage of current climates, in my eyes makes you rather spineless but as long as your bank balance is healthy who cares similar attitude to the way you represented your electorate in your time as a councilor i believe.
and as for local average
hgv driver cardiff £9-£13 an hour
hgv driver cardiff £10-£14 an hour
how much are you paying again?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:51 pm

heres just a simple of companies paying their drivers less than my rate:

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailj ... j=CAT/7015

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailj ... j=CAT/6690

so very strange that your homework didn't pick these up and then again........ :lol:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:54 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:Firstly as you know Im not a communist I just said I enjoyed my time living in a Communist country so dont twist my words. Secondly even the public sector dont follow national averages because the standard of living is different throughout Britian.

not at all it wasnt that long ago we were arguing of decent pay for a decent days work and how angry you were that immigrants were dragging wages down because they will work for less.
now youve taken a complete u-turn and now your paying them what you can get away with and taken advantage of current climates, in my eyes makes you rather spineless but as long as your bank balance is healthy who cares similar attitude to the way you represented your electorate in your time as a councilor i believe.
and as for local average

I find it incredibile that you seem to have a vast knowledge of everything which you haven't a clue about.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Angry Man wrote:heres just a simple of companies paying their drivers less than my rate:

so very strange that your homework didn't pick these up and then again........ :lol:

well for £2 an hour more in cardiff wouldnt waste my time applying for those
there probably doing exactly the same thing you are

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

and as for local average

I find it incredibile that you seem to have a vast knowledge of everything which you haven't a clue about.

its not difficult its called the internet
google how does a recruitment agency work? they will give you the answer
google average hourly rate for a HGV Class 1 driver? they will give you the answer
google hgv driver jobs in south wales? you will get an answer

spend 10 minutes reading it all and study it
formulate your points and send them to you
but i suppose you need some sort of education to figure that out so never mind

its your one failure you come out with all these really good ideas but you never put any substance or study behind it to study your own flaws so as per usual this frum has to point them out for you

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:59 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:heres just a simple of companies paying their drivers less than my rate:

:lol: you like your assumptions dont you. Face facts your arguement is flawed and I've proven that to be the case. It wont be long until the stewards at the ground are on my books so you will need to speak nicely to me soon ;)

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:00 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

and as for local average

google average hourly rate for a HGV Class 1 driver? they will give you the answer

its your one failure you come out with all these really good ideas but you never put any substance or study behind it to study your own flaws so as per usual this frum has to point them out for you

So you believe everything on the internet now do you..? :lol:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

:lol: you like your assumptions dont you. Face facts your arguement is flawed and I've proven that to be the case. It wont be long until the stewards at the ground are on my books so you will need to speak nicely to me soon ;)

ha no chance you may take some of them as one agency already supplies some but id never work for an agency so you wont be profiting from my work

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:03 pm

Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

and as for local average

no not everything thats called a little bit of research

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:05 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

ha no chance you may take some of them as one agency already supplies some but id never work for an agency so you wont be profiting from my work

well Ive already been down there in the past and I wouldnt be surprised at all if it means that it eases the clubs cashflow

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:06 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

and as for local average

I would rather call it picking bits of information and trying to create an arguement.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

well Ive already been down there in the past and I wouldnt be surprised at all if it means that it eases the clubs cashflow

and i assume you have all the correct accreditation to employ and train stewards then?
willing to fork out for uniforms?
good luck in the security industry one of the hardest and most competitive industries out there but ill be happy to watch you crash and burn i suppose

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:12 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

and as for local average

I would rather call it picking bits of information and trying to create an arguement.[/quote]

no definitely research we could do this all night but your not trying to prove me wrong you just saying i am

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:14 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

and i assume you have all the correct accreditation to employ and train stewards then?YES
willing to fork out for uniforms?NO, BUY YOUR OWN :lol:
good luck in the security industry one of the hardest and most competitive industries out there but ill be happy to watch you crash and burn i supposewe'll see ;)

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:16 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:not at all it wasnt that long ago we were arguing of decent pay for a decent days work and how angry you were that immigrants were dragging wages down because they will work for less.
and as for local average

I find it incredibile that you seem to have a vast knowledge of everything which you haven't a clue about.[/quote]

its your one failure you come out with all these really good ideas but you never put any substance or study behind it to study your own flaws so as per usual this frum has to point them out for you[/quote]

So you believe everything on the internet now do you..? :lol:[/quote]

no not everything thats called a little bit of research[/quote]

I would rather call it picking bits of information and trying to create an arguement.[/quote]

no definitely research we could do this all night but your not trying to prove me wrong you just saying i am[/quote]

Nah I'd call it picking bits. You first said that I was the worst payer until I found job adverts which proved you wrong. You then went on a national average and not a local average and then rather than talking from experience you've admitted that you googling the information. FFS!!! :lol: Stick to your stewarding!!!! :lol:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:19 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

and i assume you have all the correct accreditation to employ and train stewards then?YES
good luck in the security industry one of the hardest and most competitive industries out there but ill be happy to watch you crash and burn i supposewe'll see ;)
[/quote]

buy your own uniform really seriously. Good luck trying to find people willing to work for you because im not buying my own equipment, fact is you havent got a clue what your talking about
and just to ask what do you need to train stewards then?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:21 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

ha no chance you may take some of them as one agency already supplies some but id never work for an agency so you wont be profiting from my work[/quote]

well Ive already been down there in the past and I wouldnt be surprised at all if it means that it eases the clubs cashflow[/quote]

good luck in the security industry one of the hardest and most competitive industries out there but ill be happy to watch you crash and burn i supposewe'll see ;) [/quote][/quote]

buy your own uniform really seriously. Good luck trying to find people willing to work for you because im not buying my own equipment, fact is you havent got a clue what your talking about
and just to ask what do you need to train stewards then?[/quote]

The reason I put a :lol: after that comment was because I was joking!!! FFS!!! Get a life!!!! :lol:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:26 pm

Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

well Ive already been down there in the past and I wouldnt be surprised at all if it means that it eases the clubs cashflow[/quote]

good luck in the security industry one of the hardest and most competitive industries out there but ill be happy to watch you crash and burn i supposewe'll see ;) [/quote][/quote]

and just to ask what do you need to train stewards then?[/quote]

The reason I put a :lol: after that comment was because I was joking!!! FFS!!! Get a life!!!! :lol:[/quote]

yet again mr adam brown not answering my question, let me guess this isnt actually you is it and your username has been hacked into