Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: IF YOU LIKE UNEMPLOYMENT, YOU,RE GONNA LOVE

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Tell your children to move to England then, it's a better life there than here under the assembly government.

:old:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Angry Man wrote:
skybluebird wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
skybluebird wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
earnieblue wrote:Angry its not always about being lazy there is not a lot out there,by the way i work :lol:

hundreds of people have turned down work this week in favour of setting down and watching Jeremy Kyle the lazy gets!!!! :evil:

So instead of stating the obvious.....what would YOU do to resolve the problem?

Well I would technically make everyone self employed whereas every year they would have to do their own tax returns which would ensure people have a better idea of the tax system in this country rather than listening to others who have personal agendas. Also in this system you would not get paid if you were off a days sick.

In my world the benefits in this country would be slashed with a year maximum on unemployment benefit at one time during every five year period.

Self employed as WHAT? What happens in your system if you have to take a long period of time off work with a serious illness? Slash benifits for every person who can't find a job?

Well the first part is more or less the American system whereas the second part is the system many countries in Europe has in place. Your point about people being off work, there would be no change as there would still be the NHS just funded by the personal tax returns rather than a central pot which is collected via Tax and N.I but creamed off by the relavent departments before it gets to the hospitals and clinics.

idiotic do you really believe this?
the american health system though technologically fantastic abuses the poor and restricts health based on an insurance companies profits.
let me ask you this if someone has to be off work for an extended period of time and your not going to pay them how exactly are they going to pay their taxes to pay for their health care?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:01 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
skybluebird wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
earnieblue wrote:Angry its not always about being lazy there is not a lot out there,by the way i work :lol:

hundreds of people have turned down work this week in favour of setting down and watching Jeremy Kyle the lazy gets!!!! :evil:

Well I would technically make everyone self employed whereas every year they would have to do their own tax returns which would ensure people have a better idea of the tax system in this country rather than listening to others who have personal agendas. Also in this system you would not get paid if you were off a days sick.

In my world the benefits in this country would be slashed with a year maximum on unemployment benefit at one time during every five year period.

so you want to adopt greece's tax system that worked out really well for them didnt it
not get paid for sickness? really how do you justify that
benefits for no longer than a year? how do you intend to look after the sick and disabled in this country then?

Complete rubbish!!!! It is not Greece's tax system whatsoever!!! The Greeks were doing far too much 'cash in hand' and their government didn't give a shit!!!

You seem you have missed out the word 'day' as in a days sick where you won't get paid.

Sorry but why are so many scared of doing your own tax returns rather than government collecting it no questions asked..? The money raised will still be going to the correct departments including NHS so your scaremongering is just that.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:04 pm

Angry Man wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Can you back that up with proof ? cos we can back up report about people who have looked for work and nothing ! Infact there was a report only 4 days ago about 1 person who had apply for 18 jobs in a 3week period and didnt even get a reply from 11 of them.
I think you need to wake up and and not just smell the Coffee , but take a drink of it !

Yes I can in fact, how would you like it.?

Did they turn this work down cos , they would be worse of and could live on that money anyway, so infact couldnt pay for there food and house , then would be kick out of there house ?

They turned it down because they are lazy!!!!

My point about people having to take a long period of time off on the sick was not with regards to how they would receive health care but HOW would they pay their bills and feed their families? No Mortgage lender would give you a mortgage if you were self employed. HOW would you address that?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:04 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:Well I would technically make everyone self employed whereas every year they would have to do their own tax returns which would ensure people have a better idea of the tax system in this country rather than listening to others who have personal agendas. Also in this system you would not get paid if you were off a days sick.

Self employed as WHAT? What happens in your system if you have to take a long period of time off work with a serious illness? Slash benifits for every person who can't find a job?[/quote]

Well the first part is more or less the American system whereas the second part is the system many countries in Europe has in place. Your point about people being off work, there would be no change as there would still be the NHS just funded by the personal tax returns rather than a central pot which is collected via Tax and N.I but creamed off by the relavent departments before it gets to the hospitals and clinics.[/quote]

the american health system though technologically fantastic abuses the poor and restricts health based on an insurance companies profits.
let me ask you this if someone has to be off work for an extended period of time and your not going to pay them how exactly are they going to pay their taxes to pay for their health care?[/quote]

Obamacare is more or less introducing a NHS type system within a personal tax return system which is what I would support over here. There you would get the best of both worlds!!!
Can you expand on that word 'extended'.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
skybluebird wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

so you want to adopt greece's tax system that worked out really well for them didnt it
not get paid for sickness? really how do you justify that
benefits for no longer than a year? how do you intend to look after the sick and disabled in this country then?

Complete rubbish!!!! It is not Greece's tax system whatsoever!!! The Greeks were doing far too much 'cash in hand' and their government didn't give a shit!!!

You seem you have missed out the word 'day' as in a days sick where you won't get paid.

Sorry but why are so many scared of doing your own tax returns rather than government collecting it no questions asked..? The money raised will still be going to the correct departments including NHS so your scaremongering is just that.

yes it is there tax system far to easy to avoid tax and attacks the poor and leaves the reach to live tax free, whereas if you take tax at source you dont have to fork out millions for investigations to make sure people arent evading or avoiding tax.
doing your own tax returns gives people fear of not doing it right and making a mistake which may lead to fines PAYE is so much easier.
no and i think you will find your system aggressively attacks the sick and disabled because if they have to take time off work you wont pay them and if you limit benefits to a year you will leave sick and disabled penniless and homeless how do you intend to deal with this issue?
also its not scaremongering youve already stigmatised people on benefits your going to further stigmatise the unemployed using the NHS because they havent paid for it because they cant pay their tax. It goes against the fundamental ideals of the NHS.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:Well I would technically make everyone self employed whereas every year they would have to do their own tax returns which would ensure people have a better idea of the tax system in this country rather than listening to others who have personal agendas. Also in this system you would not get paid if you were off a days sick.

Self employed as WHAT? What happens in your system if you have to take a long period of time off work with a serious illness? Slash benifits for every person who can't find a job?

Well the first part is more or less the American system whereas the second part is the system many countries in Europe has in place. Your point about people being off work, there would be no change as there would still be the NHS just funded by the personal tax returns rather than a central pot which is collected via Tax and N.I but creamed off by the relavent departments before it gets to the hospitals and clinics.[/quote]

let me ask you this if someone has to be off work for an extended period of time and your not going to pay them how exactly are they going to pay their taxes to pay for their health care?[/quote]

Obamacare is more or less introducing a NHS type system within a personal tax return system which is what I would support over here. There you would get the best of both worlds!!!
Can you expand on that word 'extended'.[/quote]

someone who is longer than your willing to give them benefits i.e. a year if you want to stop benefits how are they going to afford anything why should they live in poverty?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Angry Man wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Hundreds maybe, but I don't know if you've noticed but there's well over 2 million unemployed and nowhere near that number of job vacancies :roll:

My daughter is a graduate and spent a year sending in 135 applications for jobs, didn't get an interview until number 135 and then got the job in front of 250 other applicants.

I'm not sure where you reside but it ain't in the real world that's for sure :evil: :roll:

I'm on the other end of the phone ringing people up and asking if they want to start tomorrow!!! Thats the real world!!! If you stopped benefits overnight the work ethic in people would also change overnight and save the taxpayer a fortune

Absolute bollocks :twisted:

No doubt there are plenty of people who don't want to work. But it is beyond argument that there are more unemployed than there are jobs :roll:

I advertised for 25 vacancies a couple of weeks ago. Not bad money for clerical work (around £17K) and we had over 500 applicants so please don't insult me by claiming that people don't want to work because having had my staff trawl through those application forms 340 of them were from those not currently in employment.

You really are out of touch with the labour market if you really believe that people can just go out and get a job :roll:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:50 pm

And there is also work out there but no one will take the posts

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:00 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Hundreds maybe, but I don't know if you've noticed but there's well over 2 million unemployed and nowhere near that number of job vacancies :roll:

My daughter is a graduate and spent a year sending in 135 applications for jobs, didn't get an interview until number 135 and then got the job in front of 250 other applicants.

I'm not sure where you reside but it ain't in the real world that's for sure :evil: :roll:

I'm on the other end of the phone ringing people up and asking if they want to start tomorrow!!! Thats the real world!!! If you stopped benefits overnight the work ethic in people would also change overnight and save the taxpayer a fortune

No doubt there are plenty of people who don't want to work. But it is beyond argument that there are more unemployed than there are jobs :roll:

I advertised for 25 vacancies a couple of weeks ago. Not bad money for clerical work (around £17K) and we had over 500 applicants so please don't insult me by claiming that people don't want to work because having had my staff trawl through those application forms 340 of them were from those not currently in employment.

You really are out of touch with the labour market if you really believe that people can just go out and get a job :roll:

I have been offering work to start the very next day!!!! Strange how you can call people who work in the recruitment sector 'out of touch' :lol:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Angryman what do you pay on an hourly rate for a driver and how many hours of work a week ,how long is the job for ?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:12 pm

bluecyw wrote:Angryman what do you pay on an hourly rate for a driver and how many hours of work a week ,how long is the job for ?

The two positions where I highlighted were two full time positions Monday to Friday and paid at an hourly rate.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:46 pm

In my experience it's best to get as much as you can off the government, always plead poverty and if you want to push the boat out change your name via deed pole to rajit Singh that certainly does the job.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:56 pm

Angry Man wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

I have been offering work to start the very next day!!!! Strange how you can call people who work in the recruitment sector 'out of touch' :lol:

And what wages were you offering :roll: Let me guess, minimum wage and part time hours. People have rent. mortgage and bills to pay after many of them losing their previous jobs through redundancy and all being committed to long term expenditure :evil:

I repeat, you know very little about the real employment market if what you are spouting off is what you really believe :twisted:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Well the first part is more or less the American system whereas the second part is the system many countries in Europe has in place. Your point about people being off work, there would be no change as there would still be the NHS just funded by the personal tax returns rather than a central pot which is collected via Tax and N.I but creamed off by the relavent departments before it gets to the hospitals and clinics.

Not sure you are ever going to win an argument by stating we should do things the same way as the Europeans, when you look at the mess they are in ;)

Actually AM I do have some sympathy for you as running a Recruitment Agency must be very fustrating.

However, you also have to understand that their is no job loyalty/security where a Recruitment Agency is concerned. Let's be fair the other side of the coin is you can let any agency worker go (i.e. make them unemployed) at the drop of a hat.

What I think you will find is happening with these prospective workers is that after accepting a placement from you, they get told about the horrors of agency work and change their minds, it has nothing to do with being lazy.

I understand you work tirelessly to find contracts but I can assure you that 80% of places that employ agency staff treat them like shit and that is why employees don't last.

I'm sure you will tell me your agency is different, but having done agency work for nearly a decade I can assure you that it is very very true.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Miller time wrote:In my experience it's best to get as much as you can off the government, always plead poverty and if you want to push the boat out change your name via deed pole to rajit Singh that certainly does the job.

Changed my name to Balan Singh......no jobs available for a trapeze artist. Changed it again to Getupta Singh.........couldn't get a job as a recording artist. Deliberately chopped one of my legs off (bit extreme I know) and changed my name for the last time to Collap Singh...................now on disability!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :roll:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:47 pm

piledriver64 wrote:Hundreds maybe, but I don't know if you've noticed but there's well over 2 million unemployed and nowhere near that number of job vacancies :roll:

I'm on the other end of the phone ringing people up and asking if they want to start tomorrow!!! Thats the real world!!! If you stopped benefits overnight the work ethic in people would also change overnight and save the taxpayer a fortune[/quote]

You really are out of touch with the labour market if you really believe that people can just go out and get a job :roll:[/quote]

I have been offering work to start the very next day!!!! Strange how you can call people who work in the recruitment sector 'out of touch' :lol:[/quote]

And what wages were you offering :roll: Let me guess, minimum wage and part time hours. People have rent. mortgage and bills to pay after many of them losing their previous jobs through redundancy and all being committed to long term expenditure :evil:

I repeat, you know very little about the real employment market if what you are spouting off is what you really believe :twisted:[/quote]

Sorry but can you read..? I clearly stated FULL TIME HOURS and I can assure you that HGV Class 1 drivers won't get olut of bed for minimum wage so you assuming clear untruths doesn't really add anything to your arguement.

In fact my drivers actually get paid more than the premanent drivers at sites and it may shock many when I say that many HGV drivers prefer to take agency work rather than premanent work because (a) more money, (b) the varity of work and (c) they can take control of their working hours.

So please, rather than trying to impress others with your guess work please leave me spout the truth about my business and you spout the truth about yours.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:55 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Not sure you are ever going to win an argument by stating we should do things the same way as the Europeans, when you look at the mess they are in ;)

Actually AM I do have some sympathy for you as running a Recruitment Agency must be very fustrating.

However, you also have to understand that their is no job loyalty/security where a Recruitment Agency is concerned. Let's be fair the other side of the coin is you can let any agency worker go (i.e. make them unemployed) at the drop of a hat.

What I think you will find is happening with these prospective workers is that after accepting a placement from you, they get told about the horrors of agency work and change their minds, it has nothing to do with being lazy.

I understand you work tirelessly to find contracts but I can assure you that 80% of places that employ agency staff treat them like shit and that is why employees don't last.

I'm sure you will tell me your agency is different, but having done agency work for nearly a decade I can assure you that it is very very true.

Completely changed Tone.

The main factors of companies taking on agency staff are (a) so that they don't require a HR department and the costs which go with that and (b) their cashflow can continue as they are paying wages on 60 day terms rather than every week or month if staff were on their books.

With regards to your other point. I think it all depends on what industry you are in. If you are on about minimum wage staff then there would be 'some' truth in what you are saying because there is always a list of replacements due to the nature of work. However the higher up the trade scale where the individuals are alot harder to get then you will be treated far better because (a) the agency makes more money from you and (b) it can take along time to get you replaced.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Completely changed Tone.

The main factors of companies taking on agency staff are (a) so that they don't require a HR department and the costs which go with that and (b) their cashflow can continue as they are paying wages on 60 day terms rather than every week or month if staff were on their books.

With regards to your other point. I think it all depends on what industry you are in. If you are on about minimum wage staff then there would be 'some' truth in what you are saying because there is always a list of replacements due to the nature of work. However the higher up the trade scale where the individuals are alot harder to get then you will be treated far better because (a) the agency makes more money from you and (b) it can take along time to get you replaced.

Can't understand why there is a need for employment agencies. Why not cut out the middle man and get the employers to advertise the jobs the old fashioned way ie South Wales Echo :roll:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Read my comment and you will understand. Remember the banks aren't lending so companies are using agencies to help their cashflow. The average HE department costs a company at least 35k per year so using an agency would cut those costs very easily

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Read my comment and you will understand. Remember the banks aren't lending so companies are using agencies to help their cashflow. The average HR department costs a company at least 35k per year so using an agency would cut those costs very easily

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Angry Man wrote:Read my comment and you will understand. Remember the banks aren't lending so companies are using agencies to help their cashflow. The average HR department costs a company at least 35k per year so using an agency would cut those costs very easily

And with the banks not lending alot of companys cant expand or invest more into Development so some fold and other lay off workers , and you call them lazy !
We all know there are people out there that are more than glad to stay home with there hands out just waiting.
But Remember there are a lot that really look and cant fined work any where, or the only Job they can fined wouldn't pay for there food and shelter. Don't class everyone the same.
I work for years as a Class 1 driver and some of the people I work for wanted you to drive till you drop, and they didnt give a shit if you were over your time, they would just expect you to fiddle your log book, and they still would pay shit money.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:32 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:Read my comment and you will understand. Remember the banks aren't lending so companies are using agencies to help their cashflow. The average HR department costs a company at least 35k per year so using an agency would cut those costs very easily

And with the banks not lending alot of companys cant expand or invest more into Development so some fold and other lay off workers , and you call them lazy !
We all know there are people out there that are more than glad to stay home with there hands out just waiting.
But Remember there are a lot that really look and cant fined work any where, or the only Job they can fined wouldn't pay for there food and shelter. Don't class everyone the same.
I work for years as a Class 1 driver and some of the people I work for wanted you to drive till you drop, and they didnt give a shit if you were over your time, they would just expect you to fiddle your log book, and they still would pay shit money.

Well with digi tacho cards nowadays you can't do it FACT!!!

I was always brought up with the mindset that if I couldn't get any work then I would make money somehow. In the past I've been cleaning windows, cars, done the taxis and in fact many things just to keep the bills being paid.

In some professions the work may not pay well but I tell you what I would work it until I found something better because the state dont owe anyone and personal responibility has gone out of the window since the amount in benefits has shot up.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:38 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Your staff could have been doing something more productive if you went down the agency route ;)

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Angry Man wrote:if you faced being homeless you would get your lazy ass to work!!!! :evil:

all i can say is life has a habit off biting you on the ass, i feel quite safe in my job at present, but what if anything happened to my company, no fault of my own. im 46 yrs of age, do you think i would get a job within a week, no matter what your trade is. i would like to think i have some sort of back up. or help. so i can atleast keep a roof over my head and feed my family. ,, hope you never need to use the unemployment system. but some people do as no fault of there own.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Angry Man wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

Well with digi tacho cards nowadays you can't do it FACT!!!

I was always brought up with the mindset that if I couldn't get any work then I would make money somehow. In the past I've been cleaning windows, cars, done the taxis and in fact many things just to keep the bills being paid.

In some professions the work may not pay well but I tell you what I would work it until I found something better because the state dont owe anyone and personal responibility has gone out of the window since the amount in benefits has shot up.

So now let me get this right, YOU! would go out and wash windows and cars or maybe even shovel shit ? to keep a roof over your head and food on the table right ? But today so many people out of work cos of being lay off, that now there is only half the people who could have there windows clean, Cos they have told the window cleaner they cant pay it any more , The window cleaner who use to do our street told us back in Febuary that he cant make it pay anymore, so thats one job of yours gone right ! Now we have car car wash up in Llanrumney , back 5 to 6 years ago they were doing great , there was always a long line of cars waiting to be washed, I drive past it every day , and now you can drive straight in or just wait for a few mins. You can see half the guy sitting on the wall waiting for cars, Now it dont too much of a Brain to work out that a few of them soon will be lay off. Again another job of your gone ! Now as for shovel shit , how much do you really think that would pay you ? Not enough to keep a roof over your famils head, and food on the table, and pay all the Bills and buy school cloths for your kids, SO TELL ME ! would you do these Jobs that cant pay all your Bill, keep a roof over your familys head , plus buy cloths and all the rest of the stuff a family needs. Now if you tell me Yes I will do the work, That means your family now is only a short step away from having fk all and that includes your home .

There are people out there that want to work , yes they want jobs , but they wont a fair wage too. A wage that can keep the roof over there heads. You best direct your venom to where it should be spat, at the fking greedy fker who want people to work for them for next to nothing, and the greedy fking bankers, and politictians all who got more than they need , but want more than they got.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Completely changed Tone.

I wouldn't dispute that Angry Man. Obviously if your agency was providing accountants or engineers then they would be treated well because there is a shortage of highly qualified professionals and companies are desperate for them.

Lower down though it is a complete contrast and TBH I wasn't having ago at your agency for the conditions and treatment dealt out at a place of work you provide staff to.

My point was that if you are treated like shit for low pay then not only are you going to get a high turnover of staff, but also a reluctance for workers to take up these positions in the first place. The reason for that is not laziness but because no-one deserves in this day and age to be treated in derogatory way.

So really you might be aiming your anger at the wrong people, because if an employer is good to work for then they never struggle to attract good hard working staff but a bad employer always does.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:03 pm

There is always that very true one liner which is: 'it is easier to get a job when you are already in a job'.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Completely changed Tone.

I wouldn't dispute that Angry Man. Obviously if your agency was providing accountants or engineers then they would be treated well because there is a shortage of highly qualified professionals and companies are desperate for them.

Lower down though it is a complete contrast and TBH I wasn't having ago at your agency for the conditions and treatment dealt out at a place of work you provide staff to.

My point was that if you are treated like shit for low pay then not only are you going to get a high turnover of staff, but also a reluctance for workers to take up these positions in the first place. The reason for that is not laziness but because no-one deserves in this day and age to be treated in derogatory way.

So really you might be aiming your anger at the wrong people, because if an employer is good to work for then they never struggle to attract good hard working staff but a bad employer always does.

Thats very true , good companys dont even have to go to Agents , they would have a list of people just waiting for a Job.
If you have to keep looking for people to work for you , then you cant be worth working for. full stop !!

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:06 pm

Angry Man wrote:There is always that very true one liner which is: 'it is easier to get a job when you are already in a job'.

Probably true most of the time but not all of the time (that other well known one liner) ;)