Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

family stand changing ends

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:45 am

Sorry lads,

I know this has been done to death so won't bang on about it - just thought I'd share with you some away fans views.

A couple of guys I know, one being from our friends down West and a couple from across the bridge have told me they cannot believe the change from Grange to Canton (for want of a better phrase).

They said before at Ninian all banter aside it was a very intimidating place for away support - but it created a superb atmosphere which they said they loved coming to every season.

Now they think it gives the away team some sort of edge. The away support is louder and more vociferous because they actually feel they can out-sing & out-banter us because a lot of the time there seems to be more away fans bantering to what is being thrown back at them! (They do have a point - maybe not in fan numbers bantering, but they are only getting it back from 1 block as opposed to both sides as used to be).

It's certainly food for thought. I know the club say they can't undo what is done, we should just make more noise etc...but if away fans can see it, and basically think we are now a "soft touch" inside the ground, then a compromise should be looked at.

The board want red - they got red, so can we now go back to the old grange end and have our atmosphere back?

Even some Family Stand members I've spoken to don't like being too near the away support..so win win surely??

Re: family stand changing ends

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:51 am

BobBankLoyalist wrote:Sorry lads,

I know this has been done to death so won't bang on about it - just thought I'd share with you some away fans views.

A couple of guys I know, one being from our friends down West and a couple from across the bridge have told me they cannot believe the change from Grange to Canton (for want of a better phrase).

They said before at Ninian all banter aside it was a very intimidating place for away support - but it created a superb atmosphere which they said they loved coming to every season.

Now they think it gives the away team some sort of edge. The away support is louder and more vociferous because they actually feel they can out-sing & out-banter us because a lot of the time there seems to be more away fans bantering to what is being thrown back at them! (They do have a point - maybe not in fan numbers bantering, but they are only getting it back from 1 block as opposed to both sides as used to be).

It's certainly food for thought. I know the club say they can't undo what is done, we should just make more noise etc...but if away fans can see it, and basically think we are now a "soft touch" inside the ground, then a compromise should be looked at.

The board want red - they got red, so can we now go back to the old grange end and have our atmosphere back?

Even some Family Stand members I've spoken to don't like being too near the away support..so win win surely??

i totally agree with you and think this is crucial, but unfortunately i cant see it happening :(

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:22 am

If you're happy to underwrite the cost of policing increasing by over 5 times the amount we currently pay then go ahead.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:33 am

Good idea which I'd support as it would definately improve the atmosphere. But I can't see the police/club allowing it, as there'll be a greater risk of it kicking off and they're keen to erradicate that.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:44 am

Natman Blue wrote:

If you're happy to underwrite the cost of policing increasing by over 5 times the amount we currently pay then go ahead.

And you found that figure from where exactly? Please, show me the link and I will bow to your greater knowledge.

All I'm saying is 3 people from 3 different clubs have said basically the same thing - so no smoke without fire. I'm sure fans from other clubs must now be thinking the same.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:51 am

BobBankLoyalist wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

And you found that figure from where exactly? Please, show me the link and I will bow to your greater knowledge.

All I'm saying is 3 people from 3 different clubs have said basically the same thing - so no smoke without fire. I'm sure fans from other clubs must now be thinking the same.

Totally agree with you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Natman is right about the extra cost mind as It was discussed in Wednesdays meeting :cry: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Marc wrote:
BobBankLoyalist wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Totally agree with you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Natman is right about the extra cost mind as It was discussed in Wednesdays meeting :cry: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

No worries fella - I wasn't at the meeting, so if it's been mentioned and blown out of the water then so be it. I'll still be there giving as good as we get off them!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:10 pm

It's never going to happen lads, you'd be better off using your energy in something constructive and help these lads with their project. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:15 pm

BobBankLoyalist wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

About half way down the first post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85051

Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
BobBankLoyalist wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

About half way down the first post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85051

Sorry I was a bit short with you earlier. Getting very tired of ll the negativity towards the club on here... who'd have guessed we were actually Cardiff City Supporters rather than demolishers?????