Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Its True.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:50 am

That Sam Hammam as representative for Langston has rejected the 3 offers on the table off VT and Cardiff City then it goes to show that he doesn't give Two hoots about Cardiff City. Ok maybe he's well within his rights to hold out for as much as he can get especially in the financial climate but he has the trump card in the way city move foward and it seems he aint going to budge. Is it time VT just bit the bullet and paid up the £10m or wotever Sam and Annis are happy with and rid him from preventing the club of moving on. I say Sam and Annis as I believe that Annis has influence over Sam and is advising him to hold out and play hard to get as we all know he's against the Rebranding and VT.

Re: If Its True.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:56 am

Cardiffmad wrote:That Sam Hammam as representative for Langston has rejected the 3 offers on the table off VT and Cardiff City then it goes to show that he doesn't give Two hoots about Cardiff City. Ok maybe he's well within his rights to hold out for as much as he can get especially in the financial climate but he has the trump card in the way city move foward and it seems he aint going to budge. Is it time VT just bit the bullet and paid up the £10m or wotever Sam and Annis are happy with and rid him from preventing the club of moving on. I say Sam and Annis as I believe that Annis has influence over Sam and is advising him to hold out and play hard to get as we all know he's against the Rebranding and VT.

i think that when talking of millions of pounds then i think it is sams decision,and do you honestly think that sam should help other buisness men do well with his money......really :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:09 am

Sam couldn't go a damn about the club, just wants his money out. Don't blame him, but peoPle need to realise that's the only reason he is still around.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:11 am

krabb wrote:
Cardiffmad wrote:That Sam Hammam as representative for Langston has rejected the 3 offers on the table off VT and Cardiff City then it goes to show that he doesn't give Two hoots about Cardiff City. Ok maybe he's well within his rights to hold out for as much as he can get especially in the financial climate but he has the trump card in the way city move foward and it seems he aint going to budge. Is it time VT just bit the bullet and paid up the £10m or wotever Sam and Annis are happy with and rid him from preventing the club of moving on. I say Sam and Annis as I believe that Annis has influence over Sam and is advising him to hold out and play hard to get as we all know he's against the Rebranding and VT.

i think that when talking of millions of pounds then i think it is sams decision,and do you honestly think that sam should help other buisness men do well with his money......really :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

so where's the middle ground on this,if any. :oops:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:17 am

Whats the difference between the money owed to Sam and the rising debt that's owed to Mr tan then ?? Noting when both ask for it all back :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:00 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Whats the difference between the money owed to Sam and the rising debt that's owed to Mr tan then ?? Noting when both ask for it all back :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Difference is tan will turn his debt to equity

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:50 am

ngriffiths wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:Whats the difference between the money owed to Sam and the rising debt that's owed to Mr tan then ?? Noting when both ask for it all back :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Difference is tan will turn his debt to equity

So he says, but i'll only believe it when I see it. :old: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:55 am

Iv posted about this is a different thread.

Sam holds all the cards, he knows that the investment is focused on a push to the prem, so why take the payment in the 3 ways hes been offered when he can wait till we get to the PL? Hold out for a few years then ask for more as we will be a PL club (If we get there) he has every right to do that, he's taking a cut price deal after all if he takes the deal now.

We have already set aside 10m for the deal, so why is VT holding out? Just pay the 10m in full like Sam wants then turn the debt into equity.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:18 am

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Iv posted about this is a different thread.

Sam holds all the cards, he knows that the investment is focused on a push to the prem, so why take the payment in the 3 ways hes been offered when he can wait till we get to the PL? Hold out for a few years then ask for more as we will be a PL club (If we get there) he has every right to do that, he's taking a cut price deal after all if he takes the deal now.

We have already set aside 10m for the deal, so why is VT holding out? Just pay the 10m in full like Sam wants then turn the debt into equity.

Maybe VT is "holding out" because he has no intention of turning the debt into equity. :old:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:32 am

[color=#0000FF]From what I recall from the other thread it seems that as an unsecured creditor Sam is far from holding all the cards and may have a very weak hand indeed. Odds are that when it comes to Langston, law, contracts and money Mr Tan and Co. will have had a strategy in place for some time/color]

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:16 am

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:

[color=#0000FF]From what I recall from the other thread it seems that as an unsecured creditor Sam is far from holding all the cards and may have a very weak hand indeed. Odds are that when it comes to Langston, law, contracts and money Mr Tan and Co. will have had a strategy in place for some time/color]

Like the business plan he has for the rebrand? Lol!

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:24 am

Sam isnt holding all the cards. For goodness sake. its an unsecured loan.

He knows full well that he will NEVER get £24 million from Cardiff City without
going to the High Court again. never, no way. Thats where he's snookered. The
judge last time cast grave reservations about his role in all this and stated that
in a full court case he had no doubt that Sam would be exposed as the driving
force behind Langstone. Were that to happen, it would open a huge can of worms.
Re: borrowing money to himself etc etc. Clash of interest etc etc. Serious stuff.

From Vincent Tans point of view... He came in here, the Club was in a right mess.
Not his doing. His legal team will be telling him to play hardball. I suspect Sams
legal team will have told him to just accept defeat and take what he's offered.

The 'media leak' is just a last gasp effort to somehow get supporters or media or
whatever to put pressure on Tan to give him more and finish it once and for all!!

...Else Sam would have had his solicitors round already with a "f**k you" letter to Tan

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:29 am

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:
C. Rombie-Coat wrote:

Like the business plan he has for the rebrand? Lol!

I agree that that to say the least the way the re-branding has unfolded has been unfortunate to say the least.My own guess is that the local management should have a few questions asked of them on this. However, for a clear rationale behind the general business plan I refer you to D.T.'s statement on the official site.