Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dragons or Bluebirds

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:38 am

Brighton fan in peace.....

Have been reading about your troubles and can't believe the club think its acceptable to change colours and badge. I know about your money worries but I'd rather drop two leagues than have these type of changes pushed on my club. There is so much wrong with modern football and in particular foreign consortium's who see UK clubs as a vehicle to make money at the expense the fans. After all without fans to watch football what's the point :shock:

Really hope Cardiff sort their problems without breaking traditions

Re: Dragons or Bluebirds

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:59 am

Seagull wrote:Brighton fan in peace.....

Have been reading about your troubles and can't believe the club think its acceptable to change colours and badge. I know about your money worries but I'd rather drop two leagues than have these type of changes pushed on my club. There is so much wrong with modern football and in particular foreign consortium's who see UK clubs as a vehicle to make money at the expense the fans. After all without fans to watch football what's the point :shock:

Seagull, Traditions have all ready been broken, as you have read friends are falling out over it, its shocking to say the least, but I believe without the investments we would've dropped down a league, which I wouldn't like to see after coming so close to what ultimately every fan wants...Premier League football. I'm one of the many who apparently "Sold their Souls" as I have accepted the re-brand, I don't like it, i hate the fact that he's changed everything, but i dont believe that there would be 20,000+ at games where we are playing in league two.

Hopefully this is short term.....but all Cardiff City fans need to get behind the team, They need us as much as we need them.

All the best for the new season......Noone is a bluebird :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:45 am

Can't wait for the season to start to be honest.....good luck mate

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:01 am

Sadly its to late.

But thanks for your support. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:50 am

Ok , Its not as easy as just dropping down a few leagues, and carry on playing there.
We are up to our eyes in det, around 70mil and every month another 1mill on top.
What is comes down to is, that if we didnt have VT backing us , our creditors would panic press the button drag us into court again for there money, and right behined them would be the TAxman, now it dont take much of a brain to work out that we wouldnt be playing in any leagues, we would be out of football full stop. Im sure no one wants the Red shirts, but we dont have much choice at this time. We have to think with our heads not with our hearts.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:02 am

ScottCcfc27 wrote:

Seagull, Traditions have all ready been broken, as you have read friends are falling out over it, its shocking to say the least, but I believe without the investments we would've dropped down a league, which I wouldn't like to see after coming so close to what ultimately every fan wants...Premier League football. I'm one of the many who apparently "Sold their Souls" as I have accepted the re-brand, I don't like it, i hate the fact that he's changed everything, but i dont believe that there would be 20,000+ at games where we are playing in league two.

:ayatollah: It's very easy to say to fans get behind them when it doesn't feel like the same club we have supported all our lives,after spending our hard earned cash to watch the team and buy the merchandise we were simply lied to,maybe you are not quite understanding how we feel because you are not feeling it. when you are lied and dictated to alarm bells ring and the future probably hold more lies which I believe puts the club in more trouble than than before this episode.
Many have differing views on the rebrand but one thing is for sure if you accept this you are giving him license to do what he wants and who knows what he will do next without consultation,I suggest everyone reads the notes of the meeting and all this becomes very clear
. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:27 am

dazzyt wrote:
ScottCcfc27 wrote:

:ayatollah: It's very easy to say to fans get behind them when it doesn't feel like the same club we have supported all our lives,after spending our hard earned cash to watch the team and buy the merchandise we were simply lied to,maybe you are not quite understanding how we feel because you are not feeling it. when you are lied and dictated to alarm bells ring and the future probably hold more lies which I believe puts the club in more trouble than than before this episode.
Many have differing views on the rebrand but one thing is for sure if you accept this you are giving him license to do what he wants and who knows what he will do next without consultation,I suggest everyone reads the notes of the meeting and all this becomes very clear

Lied and dictated to???? Pretty strong words them!!! There's been no lying that i can see and pretty sure that wehn you own a business and have invested £40m you are quite entitled to develop new marketing strategies etc in order that your business does not keep accruing untenable losses. :roll:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:51 am

Natman Blue wrote:
dazzyt wrote:
ScottCcfc27 wrote:

Lied and dictated to???? Pretty strong words them!!! There's been no lying that i can see and pretty sure that wehn you own a business and have invested £40m you are quite entitled to develop new marketing strategies etc in order that your business does not keep accruing untenable losses. :roll:

Do you not remember the club releasing a statement which said "due to the discontent of some fans we will continue to play in blue with the current badge",also we were given no options on the rebrand...... that is being dictated to.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:56 am

The move came less than a month after the club's chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee said the proposal to change to red shirts had been dropped due to "vociferous opposition" after the plans were leaked.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... d-kit-blue

LIES

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:23 pm

Dazzy, Spot on fella.

I'm not pro-blue or pro-red.

I want to watch Cardiff City on a Saturday, Tuesday...whenever as it is the club I have supported all my life, and to a certain degree, it is an afternoon/evening out of "normal everyday worklife" that I can enjoy (unless we play shit & lose!!)

I wasn't against the re-brand if I thought it kept the club afloat (and I can only sympathise for the likes of Rangers & Portsmouth fans who haven't been as fortunate as us to have someone who does want to chuck money at us - because in essence, whatever his hidden agendas, if VT has any, is what he has done).

But do I trust them?? Not one bit. Do I trust any football club owners, especially the "new breed"...not one bit. I'm half expecting VT to pull the plug and send us into oblivion at any moment. I really hope that doesn't happen obviously, but this whole debacle has been dealt with so unprofessionally you can't help but have a nasty bitter taste in your mouth and, possibly even worse, the sense of fear not knowing what is around the corner.

All I can say is hang in there, support Malky and the lads when the season starts, and whatever happens off the field...well....happens. We can't influence it, we can voice concern, but ultimately they will do whatever they want to do. I just hope it is for the good of CCFC. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:49 pm

dazzyt wrote:The move came less than a month after the club's chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee said the proposal to change to red shirts had been dropped due to "vociferous opposition" after the plans were leaked.

LIES

So after receiving vociferous opposition he then receive some quite vociferous support and changed his mind???? So does everytime someone change their mind constitute them lying in the first instance??? Because if it is we'd all be the world's worst liars!!! That's a nonsense argument about VT and TG lying!!!

Disctatorship???? I seem to remember them making the decisions this year and invite a fans consultation for future years based on season ticket holders. Which Ironically so many of the 'die-hards' as they would like to be perceived are no longer in possession of and so are forfeitting their right to voice this opinion come future seasons. Secondly tell me anyone who has invested £40m of their own money into a business (which, let's get it straight, football is now) would find the need, time or resources to consult with a fan base of 20k+ (based on last year's attendances) before implementing a radical plan to promote a world-wide marketing campaign in order to generate new funds for the club while still propping it up to the tune of £1m every month. That's folly, not wise business sense. You'd be luck if some of the world's leading brands consult with a few hundred or thousand when going under such plans.

People haven't got their way, people generally don't like change and everyone is just bitching and whining about it whislt chucking their toys out of the pram and finding ways to undermine and de construct what the club is doing. They say they don't trust the Club, well to be honest with all the different agendas, presuppositions and irrationalisations going on around here I find it difficult to trust some of the fans!!!

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:50 pm

I understand some of the posts about "if owners invest £20m or 30m" etc, that gives them the right to make changes but the other point of my post is that owners, particularly foreign ones it seems, only make the investments because of the temptations associated with big money promotions to the premier league. Football has always been a business buts its only over the last 15 years or so that players wage demands (pushed ever higher by foreign players) make many clubs struggle and live beyond their means, Leeds, Portsmouth, Southampton....even Darlington! Too many clubs pay lip service to their fans imo. How can foreign owners ever appreciate the values and traditions of the football club, the area, the people that live there etc.

Don't know how its going to change though.....maybe fans should act en mass but again that would never happen.

Like I said earlier I hope things at Cardiff City are sorted...................

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:34 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
dazzyt wrote:The move came less than a month after the club's chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee said the proposal to change to red shirts had been dropped due to "vociferous opposition" after the plans were leaked.

LIES

So after receiving vociferous opposition he then receive some quite vociferous support and changed his mind???? So does everytime someone change their mind constitute them lying in the first instance??? Because if it is we'd all be the world's worst liars!!! That's a nonsense argument about VT and TG lying!!!

Disctatorship???? I seem to remember them making the decisions this year and invite a fans consultation for future years based on season ticket holders. Which Ironically so many of the 'die-hards' as they would like to be perceived are no longer in possession of and so are forfeitting their right to voice this opinion come future seasons. Secondly tell me anyone who has invested £40m of their own money into a business (which, let's get it straight, football is now) would find the need, time or resources to consult with a fan base of 20k+ (based on last year's attendances) before implementing a radical plan to promote a world-wide marketing campaign in order to generate new funds for the club while still propping it up to the tune of £1m every month. That's folly, not wise business sense. You'd be luck if some of the world's leading brands consult with a few hundred or thousand when going under such plans.

:ayatollah: People haven't got their way, people generally don't like change and everyone is just bitching and whining about it whislt chucking their toys out of the pram and finding ways to undermine and de construct what the club is doing. They say they don't trust the Club, well to be honest with all the different agendas, presuppositions and irrationalisations going on around here I find it difficult to trust some of the fans!!!

There we go,just because we smell a rat and have unanswered questions we are bitching and whining,couldn't you come up with anything to contribute to the thread?.We are the ones who are prepared to stand up for what we believe in and fight for our cause which was a right given to us by our forefathers who are now buried in graves all around us,we live in a westernised society and a democracy and we will continue to fight to get our heritage back and if we don't get manage that it won't be for the want of trying.Some people keep saying it is us destroying the club,I hope you will stand up and say I was wrong if this club turns into a joke because of false promises.Change is good when it is for the right reasons. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Sadly its to late.

But thanks for your support. :ayatollah:

Never say never

http://www.keepcardiffblue.co.uk

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Wonder if some of the people on here were running a business that was continually losing money month on month would be just happy to allow it to continue without trying to turn things around ;) As Mr Sugar would say *you're fired"

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:Wonder if some of the people on here were running a business that was continually losing money month on month would be just happy to allow it to continue without trying to turn things around ;) As Mr Sugar would say *you're fired"

So by turning red we will have no debt and stop loosing money every Month !! Is that right ? If it is, then all struggling companies need do is turn there business Red !! f*cking genius that

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:Wonder if some of the people on here were running a business that was continually losing money month on month would be just happy to allow it to continue without trying to turn things around ;) As Mr Sugar would say *you're fired"

So by turning red we will have no debt and stop loosing money every Month !! Is that right ? If it is, then all struggling companies need do is turn there business Red !! f*cking genius that

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

And your f*cking solution is?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

When asked what plans were in place and how Red will miraculously put us in the black the reply was?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:And your f*cking solution is?

Step away from the roulette wheel before putting your last wad on Red. Go back to Blue and unite the fans again. Stop the gambling on reaching the promised land that got us into this mess, stop taking loans at 7% from Malaysia, cut costs and accept we'll have to go backwards for a while while we stabilise the Club and preserve it for future generations. Explain all this honestly to the fans and they will back you. With proper management instead of trusting to luck and throwing (someone else's) money at it, it's possible to progress up the Leagues.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:31 pm

dazzyt wrote:
Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

When asked what plans were in place and how Red will miraculously put us in the black the reply was?

Were you there? If so you tell me. But what I have read was that maybe we could attract further investment possibly. VT is a hugely successful businessman who I guess must have some idea of how to make money. I just don't see any other solutions or people coming forward to invest and then decide to keep us in blue at home.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:33 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:

Step away from the roulette wheel before putting your last wad on Red. Go back to Blue and unite the fans again. Stop the gambling on reaching the promised land that got us into this mess, stop taking loans at 7% from Malaysia, cut costs and accept we'll have to go backwards for a while while we stabilise the Club and preserve it for future generations. Explain all this honestly to the fans and they will back you. With proper management instead of trusting to luck and throwing (someone else's) money at it, it's possible to progress up the Leagues.

BRAVO BRAVO :ayatollah: - I can see how you got your name.........some sense at last :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
This should be a post mate

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:34 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:

Are you suggesting administration like them jack cunts?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:56 pm

dazzyt wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

LIES

:ayatollah: People haven't got their way, people generally don't like change and everyone is just bitching and whining about it whislt chucking their toys out of the pram and finding ways to undermine and de construct what the club is doing. They say they don't trust the Club, well to be honest with all the different agendas, presuppositions and irrationalisations going on around here I find it difficult to trust some of the fans!!!

There we go,just because we smell a rat and have unanswered questions we are bitching and whining,couldn't you come up with anything to contribute to the thread?.We are the ones who are prepared to stand up for what we believe in and fight for our cause which was a right given to us by our forefathers who are now buried in graves all around us,we live in a westernised society and a democracy and we will continue to fight to get our heritage back and if we don't get manage that it won't be for the want of trying.Some people keep saying it is us destroying the club,I hope you will stand up and say I was wrong if this club turns into a joke because of false promises.Change is good when it is for the right reasons. :ayatollah:

Will be the first in line to admit I got it wrong if I have done so. I think I made two fairly strong arguments in my first two paragraphs that quite strongly dispel your previous two arguments. The final paragraph sums up pretty much what I am seeing from the relentless posts again 'bitching and whining' about the change of colour and badge. Posts which are given precedence and preferential treatment on this board despite only 90is requesting refunds, despite only 20ish going to the meeting, despite only small percentages of various online polls voting against the change. The entire world and its dog seem to be saying one thing apart from this message board.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
dazzyt wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

LIES

Will be the first in line to admit I got it wrong if I have done so. I think I made two fairly strong arguments in my first two paragraphs that quite strongly dispel your previous two arguments. The final paragraph sums up pretty much what I am seeing from the relentless posts again 'bitching and whining' about the change of colour and badge. Posts which are given precedence and preferential treatment on this board despite only 90is requesting refunds, despite only 20ish going to the meeting, despite only small percentages of various online polls voting against the change. The entire world and its dog seem to be saying one thing apart from this message board.

:lol:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:38 pm

We will live. Just got a few cry babys. :ayatollah: