Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sam Hammam rejects settlement offers

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Something smells fishy.

Allegedly owed 24m plus interest, willing to settle for 10m?

Hmm.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:44 pm

nerd wrote:Something smells fishy.

Allegedly owed 24m plus interest, willing to settle for 10m?

Hmm.

Of course it stinks, is there another business person in the world who would run up that debt and not have it secured??

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Put your selves in Sam's position.

I must admit when the £24million debt is accruing interest of 7% and having waited 6 years and there is only 3 years to go (yet it is payable in full today) I can understand why Langston are not the ones desperate to get the deal done.

I believe I know who is holding the aces, so to speak.

He can hold out for £24 mill plus interest in 2016, He has said, I will take £10 mill now and go,VT says he has put £10 mill aside for Langston, so why not pay them. why would he take that in instalments, he may as well wait for the lot if he was going to do that.

They also forget to tell u the original deal was £10 mill and paid in one, but later VT moved the goal posts after Sam had accepted, bit like what he did with us fans the other week regarding our badge/colour. Hmm

Our club this way gets Sam gone for good and an excellent deal.

Annis, The malaysians have been trying to have Sam over from day one, Even brought in forensic accountants to look for ways to do so, The malaysians say they want to invest in CCFC yet they are dragging their feet in what anyone must agree is more than generous on Sams part if He is happy with the 10M pay off when he is entitled to 24M; I STOPPED ATTENDING the CCS-Morgue last season befor any of the latest bollox because I smelt a rat then and a bigger rat now. I will not except a red ccfc top and as for the new badge that appears to have a dragon shitting on a BlueBird is nothing short of a disgrace and I will wear a Leeds Utd Top befor I wear a Red CCFC Top that is an obvious Man U ripoff . ONE BIG JOKE. :old:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Bunk wrote:
DWQPR wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Its funny reading comments as if "thats what we would do " - its £10 MILLION guys - would you give £10MILLION of your own money .

We dont know full conversations but seems strange that they will be paying £10m either way , maybe they are waiting for Prem money but when that comes we need to pay of an awful lot of money including the £10m then owed to Malaysians unless they do actually put it into equity

IF it comes. And one poster has got it right. Vincent Tan is not to be trusted with your club. Sadly too many are being sucked into the 'promises' that are coming from him, but from what I have seen from afar none of these promises have come to fruition as yet, and certainly he hasn't got a decent track record of keeping his word. He is playing games with a lot of people and everything is on his terms. Once again, I will say that we had this with Briatore at QPR. His 'big idea' was to turn the club into a 'boutique side', a kind of London Monaco, where the good and great would be seen going to a football match at exhorbitant prices (c-club season tickets, maximum of 100 available at £10,000 a shot, these were situated at the front of the South Africa Road Stand, further back W12 season tickets at £3,000 a shot, re-vamped executive boxes at £72,000 a season, more than Spuds, Arsenal and Chel***, and we were still nothing more than a championship side. And our season ticket prices increasing by 51% in two seasons. 'Boutique' club shop where a cashmere scarf would cost you £80 and QPR slippers £200, which could be complimented by QPR trainers at the same price. Like Briatore, Tan hasn't got a scooby on how to run a football club, respect the supporters (who are the football club) or the history. And he will leave Cardiff City in an even bigger mess then they were before he came. The club would not have gone bust in 2010, may have gone into administration but wouldn't have gone bust, christ even Pompey haven't gone bust and their debt was much bigger than Cardiff's but what they still have is their support united and their identity intact. They may be in League One now, but do you think that the supporters really care about that, do they heck, they are happy that they have a club to support, an identity and a history to be proud of. We went into administration in 2001, we got relegated to League One, five years after being in the PL. Did we moan and groan, did we heck, we got behind the club, the support united and we were prouder than ever to be QPR supporters, we collected funds for the club and we got through. Briatore also claims like Tan that without him we would have gone bust. Bollox would we, we would have gone into administration, and although I doubt that we would be where we are now, the supporters would have pulled the club through, the attendances, like in 2001 would have held up, and this would also have been true of Cardiff City. For the long term future of Cardiff City, I really do believe that getting rid of Tan is the best option. Pride, history and identity is far more important than prostituting yourself in the hope that this would bring higher league football.

Well said mate, 100% spot on. Sadly a lot of our fans are happy to eat whatever s*** this idiot running our clubs spouts.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:17 pm

What annoys me is that it was Sam who wanted to spend the money he did and then at the end says oh by the way it was only a loan. We shouldn't owe him anything. Cardiif City mean nothing to him and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded