Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

*THE MEETING - UPDATE*

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:40 pm

The meeting

I arrived upon the meeting not knowing what really was in store; these were the events that followed.

I was welcomed upon arrival and waited in the sitting area with my friend Ryan who was at the meeting with me, shortly after Gwyn arrived who I can’t fault in any way what so ever after what he has been through over the last few days I have the upmost respect for him turning up and showing a genuine interest with this. Then Vince came along and we were all chatting away, 10 minutes followed and Julian emerged and took us along to proceed with the meeting. We had the meeting pitch side in the dug-out which was a nice little touch as it was boiling inside.

Then we got down to business and started to discuss the idea, from the start you could see that he had a real and genuine interest in this and listened to all I had to say , we discussed all that I outlined in all my recent posts and updates regarding this. He made good proposals himself that he would reserve tickets for the ‘BLUE ARMY’ before match days to make sure we all sit together. He touched on health and safety a little and what would be practical etc. After this Wayne Nash comes along and has a chat about the idea then he is on board, after then we got down to the flags, banners and so on he stated as long as he knows there will be, banners, megaphone… at the game he will brief the stewards on its existence and there will be no problems and all will run smoothly if we keep a close working relation with the club.

Now onto the name there was no real mention of the name as he was so tied up in the idea. I said we are none violent etc. and no red or blue motive to the idea just simple passionate support, a few names were thrown about Blue Army being one, Cardiff Capitals and Capital crew being others but nothing is final as such. They are willing to store banners and flags within the stadium for us and we would be able to gain early access to the ground to put them up. Then we moved on to the location within the ground, the canton was suggested as this is a singing area and any other area would be a compromise of health and safety and would not be practical.

Now I touched on the proposed swap of the family and canton stands this is a none starter due that the fact policing costs would rise 5 times and the simple fact they have all the family facilities in place and they are happy where they are. We don’t actually need to be next to the away fans to create a good atmosphere just a dedicated group willing to stand and sing.
Overall the meeting went great and he would like to meet the same time again next week to further develop the idea, we are on to a winner here as the club are really tied into this and show a real passion this is the first time in weeks that I have felt the club care about us fans!

I have not been brainwashed into red because there was no mention of red what so ever. We share the same aim and the club are really interested it’s only going to get better it will happen 100%.

Also for a nice little touch we got to go into the players changing rooms for a mini tour before we left the stadium.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: *THE MEETING - UPDATE*

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:46 pm

Postive vibes :D
Great to see they took an intrest and are fully on board with it.
I do tend to disagree because I think if there was a swap it would be a massive factor there will be a guarnteed atomsphere.
I wish we would put Cardiff City Fc everywhere in the ground to make it more home! :P :ayatollah:
Great read :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:46 pm

Fair play!! Now how do we get to sit in your part of the ground?

Sounds like it could be great going in that area! Maybe you could suggest a trial run at a home cup game. We would be able to buy a ticket anywhere then!

Problem we all have though is our seats are allocated, or am I missing something.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Sounds Great!
Gutted I couldn't go!

Overall sounds like everything is running smoothly
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:49 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Postive vibes :D
Great to see they took an intrest and are fully on board with it.
I do tend to disagree because I think if there was a swap it would be a massive factor there will be a guarnteed atomsphere.
I wish we would put Cardiff City Fc everywhere in the ground to make it more home! :P :ayatollah:
Great read :ayatollah:

i know mate i was buzzing and same here but its a no go and thanks fella :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:50 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Fair play!! Now how do we get to sit in your part of the ground?

Sounds like it could be great going in that area! Maybe you could suggest a trial run at a home cup game. We would be able to buy a ticket anywhere then!

Problem we all have though is our seats are allocated, or am I missing something.

right baz, there is a newticket scheme coming in or something and he said he would reserve 200 or so for people interested to buy :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:51 pm

CardiffCityHD wrote:Sounds Great!
Gutted I couldn't go!

Overall sounds like everything is running smoothly
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

wouldhad loved you there alex!! next time mate! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:53 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
Canton stand baz wrote:Fair play!! Now how do we get to sit in your part of the ground?

right baz, there is a newticket scheme coming in or something and he said he would reserve 200 or so for people interested to buy :ayatollah:

What if you already have a season ticket in a certain seat though? I don't want to be watching you all bouncing and going mental with flags and banners if I can't be part of it!!

:ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:55 pm

would love to be apart of this, but the problem is would they let people already allocated seats (season tickets) to come over to where this is taking place? that's gunna be a huge problem!

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:56 pm

he said that before the seson starts do a trial run at newcastel ect.. then he would look to sort getting all of us together :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:58 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:he said that before the seson starts do a trial run at newcastel ect.. then he would look to sort getting all of us together :ayatollah:

sounds good! :ayatollah: this will make our atmosphere much better!... in the next meeting you need to get some details on what's going to happen regarding allowing people to move to the section it's being carried out in! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:03 pm

sounds really positive mate! we just need a meet so that we can see how many people are actually interested in putting time into making banners and flags :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:04 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:The meeting

I arrived upon the meeting not knowing what really was in store; these were the events that followed.

I was welcomed upon arrival and waited in the sitting area with my friend Ryan who was at the meeting with me, shortly after Gwyn arrived who I can’t fault in any way what so ever after what he has been through over the last few days I have the upmost respect for him turning up and showing a genuine interest with this. Then Vince came along and we were all chatting away, 10 minutes followed and Julian emerged and took us along to proceed with the meeting. We had the meeting pitch side in the dug-out which was a nice little touch as it was boiling inside.

Then we got down to business and started to discuss the idea, from the start you could see that he had a real and genuine interest in this and listened to all I had to say , we discussed all that I outlined in all my recent posts and updates regarding this. He made good proposals himself that he would reserve tickets for the ‘BLUE ARMY’ before match days to make sure we all sit together. He touched on health and safety a little and what would be practical etc. After this Wayne Nash comes along and has a chat about the idea then he is on board, after then we got down to the flags, banners and so on he stated as long as he knows there will be, banners, megaphone… at the game he will brief the stewards on its existence and there will be no problems and all will run smoothly if we keep a close working relation with the club.

Now onto the name there was no real mention of the name as he was so tied up in the idea. I said we are none violent etc. and no red or blue motive to the idea just simple passionate support, a few names were thrown about Blue Army being one, Cardiff Capitals and Capital crew being others but nothing is final as such. They are willing to store banners and flags within the stadium for us and we would be able to gain early access to the ground to put them up. Then we moved on to the location within the ground, the canton was suggested as this is a singing area and any other area would be a compromise of health and safety and would not be practical.

Now I touched on the proposed swap of the family and canton stands this is a none starter due that the fact policing costs would rise 5 times and the simple fact they have all the family facilities in place and they are happy where they are. We don’t actually need to be next to the away fans to create a good atmosphere just a dedicated group willing to stand and sing.
Overall the meeting went great and he would like to meet the same time again next week to further develop the idea, we are on to a winner here as the club are really tied into this and show a real passion this is the first time in weeks that I have felt the club care about us fans!

I have not been brainwashed into red because there was no mention of red what so ever. We share the same aim and the club are really interested it’s only going to get better it will happen 100%.

Also for a nice little touch we got to go into the players changing rooms for a mini tour before we left the stadium.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exciting stuff :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:05 pm

Suggestion!?

To solve the seating/standing issue amongst fans why dont you ask julian if he can do you an area taking up the back 2 or three rows spread across the ninian rather than a block of seat??? hopefully it will work to connect the ninian fans and canton stands to carry the chanting along as sometimes its like two seperate groups chanting at each other, this way nobody seated can moan at having there view blocked and it should get all fans singing in unison?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:09 pm

timdog80 wrote:Suggestion!?

To solve the seating/standing issue amongst fans why dont you ask julian if he can do you an area taking up the back 2 or three rows spread across the ninian rather than a block of seat??? hopefully it will work to connect the ninian fans and canton stands to carry the chanting along as sometimes its like two seperate groups chanting at each other, this way nobody seated can moan at having there view blocked and it should get all fans singing in unison?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

cos you'll have people moaning in ninian that they payed more for their seats to have a great view!... it would be easier to be put in a block cos you'll all be together instead of spread out, which means more noise! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:21 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
timdog80 wrote:Suggestion!?

cos you'll have people moaning in ninian that they payed more for their seats to have a great view!... it would be easier to be put in a block cos you'll all be together instead of spread out, which means more noise! :ayatollah:

You cant get a bigger noisier block than the block behind the goals in the canton which already exists, and with a drum above it........My fear for you guys being put in the the canton will be that you'll just fade away under the already standing/singing section already there, a whole 2 blocks!, Move you away from them and hopefully you'll be able to keep the atmosphere flowing between the two sections{the singers by the away fans}!, Regarding the logistics of it Julian has the power and knowledge to create a space for you where he thinks will work, IF he thought the first block in the ninian could work im certain he'd be capable of making it happen ;)

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:22 pm

this is not a dig at you or this concept i promise you mate, but in my opinion, if the canton and family end cannot be swapped, then this all seems a bit pointless because i really cant see the atmosphere improving any more than a litte bit in the CCS unless this happens! i genuinely am all for this idea, and support it 100%, but i just think that the more lively supporters in the ground HAVE to be near the away fans like in Ninian Park :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:26 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

this is not a dig at you or this concept i promise you mate, but in my opinion, if the canton and family end cannot be swapped, then this all seems a bit pointless because i really cant see the atmosphere improving any more than a litte bit in the CCS unless this happens! i genuinely am all for this idea, and support it 100%, but i just think that the more lively supporters in the ground HAVE to be near the away fans like in Ninian Park :ayatollah:

sadly health and safety is taken far to serious in this country as swapping canton with the family end would be simple in reality!... this idea should be either put in the corner of canton which would get ninian going, or by the away fans in ninian! canton already sings so there'd be no point there!

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:34 am

I'm f*cking ecstatic about these plans, especially with the divide between fans as of late.

How do we become a member/get involved?

Quick idea, how about an email mailing list to ensure everyone who wants to be aware of any meetings etc can be told directly?

Well done to all the lads involved in this, great to see some positive things happening :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:34 am

I'm thinking that the majority of the people invested in this idea ARE the people who stand and sing in the Canton Stand and will soon be involved even if they don't know about it yet. As for keeping it at that end, I think it's better because as Julian said policing is easier (we might not be violent but they might be) and that way the away fans can see our banners and our amazing support in full and they can watch in awe for the 90!

I was going to buy my season ticket next week but i'm waiting until more news comes out. Will 200 be enough reserved tickets?

I like the idea of trying it out at Newcastle and hopefully we can get a members sign up meeting after the next meeting with the club?

Top work TrueBlue! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:07 am

I'm in full support of anyone/any group of people who have a crack at improving the atmosphere at CCS. I've been saying for months now that noise plus colour = atmosphere. I also think it would be unique to our Club if we all turned up carrying a spare City shirt (we all have shirts from previous seasons that we haven't chucked) so we can hold them out in front of us during certain songs and chants while during others we can swirl them around our heads. It would create a fantastic effect if thousands ended up doing it. The Blue Army could start it off and hopefully it would catch on with more and more doing it for each game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:44 am

I agree with other posters that if they put you in a block in the Canton Stand you will just be absorbed in amongst the singers already in there although all the flags and banners should make quite a sight.

I really think the best place to be would be 117 of the Ninian Stand already a lot in there who stand and sing and chant along with 116 where i sit :D Block 117 also has the advantage of being close to the away fans so you can drown them out but there is still sufficent segregation to ensure no trouble and subsequent increase in policing costs.

So if i was you i would request 117 because there's already a majority of like minded individuals in that block but best of luck whatever you decide :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:54 am

Well done on your proactive approach mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ...take my hat off to you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:42 am

I think it could work anywhere within the yellow and red area but the best place would be anywhere within the red zone simply because there is already singing in the yellow zone but the red zone lacks it. The red zone could also be the connection that is currently missing between the Canton and the Ninian. :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:15 am

Some more for you TheTrueBlue7, could show these to Julian in the next meeting. :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:58 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85071

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:03 am

The name has to be Blue Army, can't see anything else working.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:13 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The name has to be Blue Army, can't see anything else working.

I think it will be the club didnt go against it so yes at this very moment we are the Blue Army :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:22 pm

CardiffCityHD wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:The name has to be Blue Army, can't see anything else working.

I think it will be the club didnt go against it so yes at this very moment we are the Blue Army :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well it will fall at the first hurdle then, just think out of the box, nothing stopping you lads doing your own thing and I admire the start you have made. However if you want the club to support and facilitate this group, calling it the Blue army ain't going to be a good start, do you think a group supporting a team playing in red should be called the blue army, bluebird army yes, coz we still are the bluebirds.

The club staff can't be seen to support and encourage a group using that name, how embarrassing and awkward could that be, I'm sure Vincent Tan would love seeing his employees helping to set up and support this group. :!:

If the majority want to go that way then fair enough, but just can't see the club helping, at the end of the day if this group is about helping improve the atmosphere and supporting a team that play in red then great all power to you and every success.It will be a lot harder getting things going when you are spread out all over the stadium in small pockets, in fact, it will be just the same as it is now unless you get organised and get the club's support.

I know as an old codger of a fan and as someone who helped set up this meeting the club are as excited as me about seeing this succeed, don't mess it up before it starts or it will be dead in the water, you can all be a part of great things here and in ten years time when the whole Canton end is bouncing , you will be able to say "I was there at the start and I played my part".

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:14 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
CardiffCityHD wrote:

Well it will fall at the first hurdle then, just think out of the box, nothing stopping you lads doing your own thing and I admire the start you have made. However if you want the club to support and facilitate this group, calling it the Blue army ain't going to be a good start, do you think a group supporting a team playing in red should be called the blue army, bluebird army yes, coz we still are the bluebirds.

The club staff can't be seen to support and encourage a group using that name, how embarrassing and awkward could that be, I'm sure Vincent Tan would love seeing his employees helping to set up and support this group. :!:

If the majority want to go that way then fair enough, but just can't see the club helping, at the end of the day if this group is about helping improve the atmosphere and supporting a team that play in red then great all power to you and every success.It will be a lot harder getting things going when you are spread out all over the stadium in small pockets, in fact, it will be just the same as it is now unless you get organised and get the club's support.

I know as an old codger of a fan and as someone who helped set up this meeting the club are as excited as me about seeing this succeed, don't mess it up before it starts or it will be dead in the water, you can all be a part of great things here and in ten years time when the whole Canton end is bouncing , you will be able to say "I was there at the start and I played my part".

Much respect for going to the meeting Gwyn :ayatollah: If it's not Blue Army, it's Bluebird Army for me :D