We need an independent Supporters group

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: We need an independent Supporters group

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:31 pm

Big Gwyn would be the ideal person to lead us :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:40 pm

I have been thinking about this a lot recently and a rather odd idea did come from it.

Whilst admittedly this is a terrible and extreme explanation of what I had in mind may be we need a provisional wing like the IRA (the new group) who will take direct action such as protests etc. and a political group like Sinn Féin (the trust) to do the letter writing etc. whilst both representing the interests of Cardiff City supporters?
Tony Blue Williams

Postby BluebirdsFan101 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:41 pm

You mean like the Trust, an organisation where any fan can run for any position?
BluebirdsFan101

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:46 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:You mean like the Trust, an organisation where any fan can run for any position?

Correct, but doesnt do it by pen every minute, believes in DEMOS and MARCHES etc

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I have been thinking about this a lot recently and a rather odd idea did come from it.

Whilst admittedly this is a terrible and extreme explanation of what I had in mind may be we need a provisional wing like the IRA (the new group) who will take direct action such as protests etc. and a political group like Sinn Féin (the trust) to do the letter writing etc. whilst both representing the interests of Cardiff City supporters?

Totally agree Tony.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby rob » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:59 pm

good idea , i would like to be involved in something like that.
RIDSDALE, when god put teeth in your mouth, he ruined a bloody good arse hole.
rob

Postby mp4-12c » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:39 pm

me too
mp4-12c

Postby mp4-12c » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:40 pm

we could be 'the real trust'
mp4-12c

Postby Sludge » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:53 pm

well you need to think things through

the trust have been slagged off for only having 1000 members and therefore how could they represent the fans ?

its a fair arguement

the supporters club has 1200 members .....many peopel dont agree with vince when he speaks ....and say he doesnt represent them

if you set up an independent supporters group then you have to make sure its democratic ...you cant just have people saying " this is what the fans think " ..if they aint been voted on to do so

you will leave yourself open to all sorts of critisism forthat

and also remember this .....

if you get say 3000 members that will still have people slagging you off because we have another 15000 fans who are not members !!

we have had the same sort of thing with the trust !
Sludge

Postby Johnny Rythmn » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:59 pm

why cant we all join the trust and change its policies by voting.

Corky has put loads of worl into it.

Too many groups and we will end up like the judean peoples front from monty pythons the life of brian
Beware The Bearers of false Gifts and Broken Promises
Johnny Rythmn

Postby PtB » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:why cant we all join the trust and change its policies by voting.

Too many groups and we will end up like the judean peoples front from monty pythons the life of brian

Well said. Work together.
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

It's more than just football
PtB

Postby Sludge » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:20 pm

working together is the best way

the trust

the supporters club

people who support peaceful protest

it can all be positive

I am in favour of all of it
Sludge

Postby Johnny Rythmn » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:41 pm

PtB wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:why cant we all join the trust and change its policies by voting.

Well said. Work together.

Yeah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE no splitters :D
Johnny Rythmn

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:42 pm

Sludge wrote:well you need to think things through

the trust have been slagged off for only having 1000 members and therefore how could they represent the fans ?

its a fair arguement

the supporters club has 1200 members .....many peopel dont agree with vince when he speaks ....and say he doesnt represent them

if you set up an independent supporters group then you have to make sure its democratic ...you cant just have people saying " this is what the fans think " ..if they aint been voted on to do so

you will leave yourself open to all sorts of critisism forthat

and also remember this .....

if you get say 3000 members that will still have people slagging you off because we have another 15000 fans who are not members !!

we have had the same sort of thing with the trust !

Sludge real numbers please for the trust about 250 house holds MAX.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:45 pm

That would be the sensible way although nothing can be done until the AGM in April.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Sludge » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:53 pm

its got around 1000 members

on the march yesterday , which as you know I attended and thought was right , there were kids there with their dads and mums

its the same thing isnt it ?

if the trust is being critisised for not being the voice of the fans then the same critisism was around yesterday of the march ..people are saying that if it was the voice of the fans there would have been 10000 there

you see for me, all this is getting us nowhere

we had 2000 loyal fans there yesterday .....people are slagging the march , then people are slagging the trust , then people are slagging each other

but we are getting into the situation where people who think that the trust is ALSO a good idea are being backed into a corner to defend it

why should we have to do that ?

we are all wanting the same thing , success for our club

now I know very well there are some people out there who think everything is rosy , dont worry and dont do anything

but the more all this constant bickering goes on between everyone the more likely that people are just going to get pissed off with each other

I have f*cking had enough of all of it
Sludge

Postby Johnny Rythmn » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:02 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

That would be the sensible way although nothing can be done until the AGM in April.

So, if we all joined by then and voted accordingly then the trust woild be our voice?

how can you fault that?

someone tell me if im missing something obvious because it sounds lika an opportuniy not to be missed
Johnny Rythmn

Postby Dreamlike or Chic » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Eddie May wrote:who speaks for the fans and does action not paper work.

what do you all think ?

How about Gwyn to lead us, as I know Annis would rather Gwyn do it ?

or even Carl or the Rhooster any volunteers

This is complete crap. What do you think the Trust was set up for? What do you mean by an "independent" supporters group? Independent of what? The club? The fans? A little splinter group of "militants"?

I'm sick of the way the Trust is being dissed on this message board, half the time by people who haven't bothered to join it, no doubt.

Like it or not, there has to be dialogue whatever your views on the current regime. To use the IRA analogy, Sinn Fein is prospering while the Provos have been disbanded and the "Real IRA" just gets in the way of progress.

Just as there's a large majority of City fans with their heads in the sand who think everything in the garden's rosy, there's a small minority on here with their heads up their a***s who think that forming another group will change everything.

Count me out.
Dreamlike or Chic

Postby Uccello Azzurro » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:10 pm

what do you all think ?

One body of supporters, one Trust I say. Dividing the fans is the last thing that should be on any fan's mind....
Uccello Azzurro

Postby Sludge » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:15 pm

I would suggest eddie may or if hes interested rhooster or big gwyn stand for election to the trust

if peopel think the trust is shit , then set up an independent supporters group

but remember this..you will have to make sure it is democratic and open to question

or you will find that the same questions that have been asked of the trust will be asked of this new group

the trust is involved with the supporters trust federation that has links all over the country to other supporters groups

if the trust exists and you are unhappy with it , then you would best off trying to change it than starting up another group that will face the same sort of negativity that the trust are facing
Sludge

Postby djronnieb » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:21 pm

as the founder member of the city supporters club in 1973 i agree that we need a group with some backbone and ready to vent our feelings about the club in all ways possible
the days of just letter writing and requesting meetings are not strong enough to get action
i think yesterdays protest march proved that we have the supporters who really care about the club
i would be more than happy to be part of a group that would be able to make sure that our club is run properly and as it not at this moment demand some action and force the cardiff city board into telling people the truth and not the lies and deceit which the current supporters club and also the trust are allowing them to do at the moment
lets all unite cardiff city supporters action group
djronnieb

Postby Sludge » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:

what do you all think ?

One body of supporters, one Trust I say. Dividing the fans is the last thing that should be on any fan's mind....

indeed

people are unhappy with the trust ?

people want direct action ?

THEN STAND FOR ELECTION !!

My name is ( insert name ) ..I believe in direct action , If elected I would call for direct support from the trust of organised peaceful marches

then if people vote for you ...then thats a mandate and you will be supported by the majority

thats the way to go forward , if people are as pissed off with the trust as they say they are
Sludge

Postby Ben » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:24 pm

sludge, i saw you standing at the back of the car park on your own by the police van, just watching :D
My Opinion!
Ben

Postby Dreamlike or Chic » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:30 pm

djronnieb wrote:i would be more than happy to be part of a group that would be able to make sure that our club is run properly and as it not at this moment demand some action and force the cardiff city board into telling people the truth and not the lies and deceit which the current supporters club and also the trust are allowing them to do at the moment

And how exactly are you gonna do that?
Dreamlike or Chic

Postby CF11 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:31 pm

Sorry but this sounds like a ridiculous idea.

Sounds to me like throwing the toys out of the pram because the trust didn't officially back the march. I don't really blame them, and I don't think it really mattered - most of the big names from the trust supported it and attended anyway. It's not hard to notice that every other message of yours seems to be about the trust or TLG Eddie, and in my opinion this is another silly way of undermining the supporters trust.

I'm not sure what you're motive is, but why not stand for the trust board if you don't like the way it's being run?

I doubt there are many successful supporters trusts or clubs for that matter than protest everytime there's a problem, rather than try and solve the problem.

I don't disagree with the march, as I think it highlighted the problems in the club which obviously was a positive thing but you can protest and march everytime you think there's a problem. How is that ever going to solve anything?

I think there's room for both methods, but you can't do away with meetings and paperwork altogether

We need a united front as everybody keeps saying, so why not support the trust and those of you with strong views on how it should be run should run for board member
CF11

Postby CF11 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BluebirdsFan101 wrote:You mean like the Trust, an organisation where any fan can run for any position?

Correct, but doesnt do it by pen every minute, believes in DEMOS and MARCHES etc

Well why not stand for a board members of the trust?

You keep telling us we need a united front, the last thing we want to do at the moment is undermine the supporters trust as it happening more and more at the moment.
CF11

Postby Sludge » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Ben wrote:sludge, i saw you standing at the back of the car park on your own by the police van, just watching :D

annis was being interviewed when I arrived

once that was finished , I walked up to him , shook his hand , wished him good luck for the march and went to the pub for a coke

I then bumped into big gwyn , said hello and also said hello to rhooster and chegs

I then walked about twenty yards behind the banners , all the way to the stadium , singing and chanting cardiff city songs

I would have no idea what you were doing as I have no idea what you look like , next time intoroduce yourself mate

:ayatollah:
Sludge

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Sludge wrote:
Ben wrote:sludge, i saw you standing at the back of the car park on your own by the police van, just watching :D

annis was being interviewed when I arrived

once that was finished , I walked up to him , shook his hand , wished him good luck for the march and went to the pub for a coke

I then bumped into big gwyn , said hello and also said hello to rhooster and chegs

I then walked about twenty yards behind the banners , all the way to the stadium , singing and chanting cardiff city songs

I would have no idea what you were doing as I have no idea what you look like , next time intoroduce yourself mate

:ayatollah:

Very True :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sludge » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:04 pm

if ben wants to say hello he can do so if there is another march , which I will support if its organised and trouble free like yesterdays was

being as he knows what I look like

its all a bit creepy

I might dye my hair or something to confuse him
Sludge

Return to General Chat