Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

David Templeton!!!

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:27 am

Good player is David Templeton :ayatollah:

Re: David Templeton!!!

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:34 am

I believe that we were linked with him last summer.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:38 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I believe that we were linked with him last summer.

And January

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:41 am

Your point is?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:47 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Templeton

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:52 am

Always Blue wrote:Your point is?

Would be a quality signing

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:55 am

Fair enough :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:09 pm

Having medical at rangers

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Shoes how pathetic Scottish football is, him and McGowan dropping down purely for money. Complete lack of ambition.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:11 pm

The kid is a disgrace to football dropping down to Division 3.

Waste of talent.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:12 pm

Easy money I guess.
It is sad tho

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:13 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:The kid is a disgrace to football dropping down to Division 3.

Waste of talent.

agree, why would any one with ambition drop down 3 divisions. hearts have a great chance this season of pushing celtic all the way and even push for a champ league place. now hes playing infront of 1500 this weekend!!

shocking!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Easy money I guess.
It is sad tho

Shocking decison to sign for Rangers. Can't understand how come tomorrow they aren't allowed to sign anyone until 2014 when their embargo kicks in but today they can throw as much cash around as they like. They haven't learned anything.
Last edited by Bluebird For Life on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:14 pm

it was pointless rangers getting wound up. they may be in div3 but are still a force. they will do 3 back to back promotions and then challange celtic again for the title.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:45 pm

Money talks as always.
I wouldn't mind taking a drop a few leagues down, only Scotland. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:48 pm

would you take a easier job for possibly more money ? personally i know i would. Money talks when family's involved :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:53 pm

Double G wrote:would you take a easier job for possibly more money ? personally i know i would. Money talks when family's involved :ayatollah:

He prob could have got a good wage elsewhere. If he did well at a championship club he could have made millions upon millions with a prem move. It's about money yes but If your good enough then this is the wrong move.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:05 pm

People are kind of missing the point.

Rangers or Newco whatever they're called should be under embargo and not allowed to make signings, but the corrupt and shitehouses at the sfa don't have the brass to back up any of the threats they make.

And rangers are just making the same mistakes the previous regime have done..

Templeton is a good player, just a shame he will be playing on a Sunday park pitch ever other week.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:02 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:The kid is a disgrace to football dropping down to Division 3.

Waste of talent.

agree, why would any one with ambition drop down 3 divisions. hearts have a great chance this season of pushing celtic all the way and even push for a champ league place. now hes playing infront of 1500 this weekend!!

shocking!

With their owner, Mad Romanov, walking away - leaving them £20m+ in debt and no-one interested in buying them? Aye, OK :lol: . Champions League :shock: . Could be a toss up between them, Kilmarnock & Inverness as to the 1st club to go to the wall up there imo. Hearts have been trying to offload their players for ages (think they put them ALL up for sale at one stage) - I'd mentioned going for Templeton about a year ago.

Regardless of their current league status, Rangers are still massive in Scotland and will always be an attraction.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:50 am

Just seen this on SSN and couldn't believe it.

How can a Scottish division 3 club afford that kind of wage....along with the other big wages they have.

Shit football league. What a joke it is..........saying that, it's still a million miles in front of the Welsh version!

Part of me still kind of hopes that Rangers still get further in the shit as there seems to have been no lessons learned what so ever. The football world is still in dire need of a reality check.

Love our billionaire backer though.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:08 am

Rangers have a transfer embargo until January 2014 so had to make signings for the next 18 months !
BUT if you were a local business owed money from the previous company I suspect this would feel very wrong and from the outside looking in it feels like Rangers haven't learnt a thing when they are willing to pay the wages for a premier player in the 3rd division never mind the transfer fee .

However It just brings home the reality of where our club could end up if we do not sort out our finances
I just hope that our debt is turned to equity and Langston debt is settled ASAP

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:22 am

billy ronson wrote:Rangers have a transfer embargo until January 2014 so had to make signings for the next 18 months !
BUT if you were a local business owed money from the previous company I suspect this would feel very wrong and from the outside looking in it feels like Rangers haven't learnt a thing when they are willing to pay the wages for a premier player in the 3rd division never mind the transfer fee .

However It just brings home the reality of where our club could end up if we do not sort out our finances
I just hope that our debt is turned to equity and Langston debt is settled ASAP

I think a few people aren't aware of the embargo that kicked in as of yesterday. As for dropping down a few divisions, no matter what people say, to the Rangers fans, those players who eventually take them back up will be idolised by the fans. Rangers can afford it with the crowds they get and the TV money is still coming in.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:38 am

It's a stupid career move, a clever financial move and maybe some of the easiest medals he'll ever pick up.

As Rangers were supposed to be a Newco I'm stunned that any sort of transfer ban has been enforced on them. Rangers want to be seen as a new company righting the wrongs of the old one yet. They want the old clubs history but not their debt though they did pay some of the football debt apparently.

Only Rangers & Celtic would have been allowed to be treated like that up here. Many still expect league reconstruction to kick in and fire Rangers up a step next year(two steps assuming they gain promotion) even though it appears the fans and club don't want that. The game up here is a joke, has been a long time and that's down in the main to the Old Firm but also the clubs who broke away to create the SPL.

The only people to take any credit out of the whole sorry mess is the majority of the fans who so far have stuck by them and they've shifted 38,000 season tickets. Even at that, the club has ripped many off with the pricing for third division football not a reflection on many of the season book prices, but real fans will always pay what they have to to benefit their club and they can only be applauded.

The ones who blame the SFA & SPL need a reality check. There was always going to come a time when a club up here pushed the boat out too many times and as I've said before I'm just stunned it wasn't Hearts but there you go.

Templeton's career has just taken a major backwards step. People can convinve themselves it was the lure of playing for Rangers, realists know it was the lure of the paper queens heads.