Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Are we Swansea's little sisters.....

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:27 pm

earnieblue wrote:Wow good post that man :ayatollah:

It wasn't really.It was long winded and full of hyperbole and inaccuracies.Just because it was longer than a paragraph doesn't mean it was any good.It wasn't.RoathMagic has just torn it to shreds.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:48 pm

this made me laugh

Demographics favour Cardiff too - the whole of SE Wales as its natural fan base, the most heavily populated area of Wales. Swansea's fan base pales into insignificance in comparison.

over the last 10 seasons 8 of which were in the championship their ave attendence wait for it 17,960 :lol:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:20 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
BorderBlue wrote:RoathMagic - you are quite clearly a Jack. Everything you post is pro-Jack and anti-Cardiff. Not true, but I do make a point of redressing obvious inaccuracies.

If you are a Jack then I haven't got a problem with that. Be proud of your team. I just don't understand why don't admit that fact! Because it isnt a fact, im a City fan - simple.

Your arguments are so one-sided as to betray your true alliegence. Not true again. They are acurate views.

It is true that Swansea are in the Premier League and we aren't - and that is currently on merit. We shall see whether the new season alters that arrangement. Exactly, so having a go at them is silly and makes us look small. Hence why I redress the balance.

As a consequence of being in the Premier League Swansea have access to much greater income than us for the moment. That is true. That income will have a positive income on their profitability obviously - and you draw comparison with our debt as a reflection of their alleged superior status. Of course, thats all standard. Income is a massive part of what makes a big club as is their financial handcuffs.

However, the fact that Swansea have gone into administration twice in living memory should not be ignored. Could they have built the promotion winning teams if they were still saddled with that historic debt? Debatable. The fact that Cardiff have not gone down that route should not be held against that club. Acting dishonourably vis-a-vis local businesses is not a sign of superiority in my book. They have only gone into administration once and for a sum of 800k. We are currently trying to offer Sam £8 million of a £24 million debt. repping him off to the tune of £16 million, 20 times the amount Swansea did. However the debt you refer to with Swanea was settled a decade ago and has no baring on them as a club now - ours is current and has a major baring on our club.

Swansea have a better team than us at this moment in time. But for how long? They will leave like rats from a sinking ship as soon as they start to struggle, or as soon as Mr Rodgers is free to come a calling. So you want to place predictions into your deduction of who is currently the bigger team? Thats nonsense im sure you can see.

Swansea do have more exposure than us media wise at the moment - 3 minutes at the end of MOTD usually, on a par with the Wigans of this world. Cardiff have been in 2 big Cup Finals which were broadcast internationally. And Cardiff will always be the capital of Wales - which attracts media attention across the board. Swansea is famous for being near the Gower. Every single Swansea match is beamed in full to 122 countries worldwide. Canal + being the main distributor which is massive across scandinavia and western Europe. Barnet plays its football in the capital also but wouldnt dream of using that as a reason to why they are bigger than Stoke for example.

The rest of your arguments are just plain stupid. lets see..

They sell out their stadium whilst we don't? Ignoring the fact that we still have much higher crowds than them and that the Liberty is smaller. How does that make them bigger than us. Swansea have reached their maximum and there is demand for more where ours seems to peak at 23k. We have reached our ceiling whilst theirs is still unknown but more than 20k.

And how about the following?

Swansea don't own their stadium. The council do - the Jacks are just tenants just like the Ospreys. How can the council be expected to increase the size of the stadium in the current economic climate when schools, hospitals & local services budgets are being cut? Especially when the need for increased capacity is absolutely determined by the (precarious) position of Swansea maintaining their Premiership status for the next 10 or so years and beyond to justify spending that money - otherwise a white elephant beckons. Neither do we, the bank does until we pay for it. Swansea have stated any improvements to the stadium will be funded by themselved and will own a stake in the ground - potentially leading to buying the stadium outright.

The Jacks do not have their own training facility or academy buildings. They train on a local rec. We don't. Who is the bigger club on that basis? They are currently builing a state of the art training facility and academy.

We own our stadium. If the investment comes in then the capacity will be increased to 35,000 - not far off twice the capacity of the Liberty. Even if we don't fill the ground now or in the future we will still be selling more tickets than Swansea. We dont own our stadium the bank does. Wrong regarding the investment, the increase of capacity will ONLY happen once promotion to the Premiership is secured - so potentially never. As we have deduced, we dont put predictions into our summary as to who is bigger.
Demographics favour Cardiff too - the whole of SE Wales as its natural fan base, the most heavily populated area of Wales. Swansea's fan base pales into insignificance in comparison. Thats only if you assume fans only come from the City the club is based, which of course is nonsense. Or if it isnt, wy the hell are we going into Malaysia. Swansea have the whole of Wales aring Cardiff as a deographic - they are the only Welsh Preier League club.

They have a bigger profile manager than us? WTF? Laudrup was a fantastic footballer. His managerial career does not mirror his playing ability. The best managers are often unsuccessful (and therefore initially lower profile) players .... Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho and even Brendan Rodgers come to mind. Presumably Cardiff would be a smaller club if they appointed one of those rather than a Shearer or Bobby Charlton? Moronic point. What has Malky McKay achieved then? Laudrup has won the Danish double and guided his team to the Europa league quarter finals.

Also our debt will be turned to equity according to VT's plans - so we will be virtually debt free. Whether that actually occurs is open to debate - in the same vein as the Jacks' ability to stay in the Premiership. But we will still be losing £1.2 million a month, £14.4 million a year and will be back in £86.6 million of debt in 6 short seasons not to mention the 7% added on.

Our owners are billionaires. Theirs is a second hand car dealer. That doent mean we are billioaires, in fact quite the opposite.

So Mr JackMagic, if you do want to continue promoting the superiority of your club over Cardiff, please advance more reasoned & less biased arguments. My club is Cardiff but anyone who thinks we are bigger than Swansea is deluded.

You say you are a City fan.
WHICH CITY!! Cardiff or Swansea?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:20 pm

BadaBing wrote:this made me laugh

Demographics favour Cardiff too - the whole of SE Wales as its natural fan base, the most heavily populated area of Wales. Swansea's fan base pales into insignificance in comparison.

over the last 10 seasons 8 of which were in the championship their ave attendence wait for it 17,960 :lol:

His whole post had more holes in it than spongebob squarepants.It was long though so must be good :lol:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEIlP80WDhs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npK0xaZ3 ... ure=relmfu

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:40 pm

SBF1 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEIlP80WDhs

there you go again Stupid Bloody Fool :lol:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Thats your best shot :lol: ,because someone says it as it is and doesn't fit in with your thought processes then he must be the enemy ,I'd say you've backed the wrong horse, coming from neath

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:22 pm

They get to the Premier League and they're all of a sudden bigger than us? :lol: We have this same old debate all the time, but even when they're a league above us we still get better attendances, that's because smaller clubs have smaller stadiums. They argue that they'd get bigger crowds than us now if they had a bigger ground but if they were in our position right now then they'd still be getting 14,000 a week. If we were in their position we'd sell out every single week just like what they're doing now. And I know attendance isn't the only factor to determine which club is bigger, but league position means nothing unless they sustain themselves and become a regular Premier League club like Stoke or Sunderland, which I think they won't.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:

Thats your best shot :lol: ,because someone says it as it is and doesn't fit in with your thought processes then he must be the enemy ,I'd say you've backed the wrong horse, coming from neath

So that's your best shot as well then? :lol:

I don't come from Neath, I live here.
I have lived in Swansea for 25 years though, I also have 3 daughters and 6 grandchildren living there, so I do know quite a bit about it. ;) :D

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:32 pm

I've never understood why the jacks crowds are so low ?

I know the rugby boys have turned up and sang a song or two , but why such poor attendances ?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:01 pm

HANDBALL ! wrote:I've never understood why the jacks crowds are so low ?

I know the rugby boys have turned up and sang a song or two , but why such poor attendances ?

Roughly 6.5% of your city population watch your team on a regular basis and in Swansea roughly 8.5% of the city population watch their team on a regular basis do the maths it's easy so why do you have such poor attendences handball?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:09 pm

BadaBing wrote:

Roughly 6.5% of your city population watch your team on a regular basis and in Swansea roughly 8.5% of the city population watch their team on a regular basis do the maths it's easy so why do you have such poor attendences handball?

We have a much higher population than you as we are an attractive city.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Why even discuss whether we are little sisters, big brothers or whatever as that implies we are somehow related. Thank the lord we are not and therefore they are irrelevant :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Newcastle have a bigger stadium and average attendance than Liverpool.... Liverpool still the bigger club.

Next...

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:36 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Newcastle have a bigger stadium and average attendance than Liverpool.... Liverpool still the bigger club.

Next...

Liverpool have massive history. What do Swansea have?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:46 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Newcastle have a bigger stadium and average attendance than Liverpool.... Liverpool still the bigger club.

Next...

Swansea have an annual income of around £55 million, if they stay up that will turn into an annual income of £83 million with the new TV money and a guaranteed £38 million should they get relegated. We have an annual income of around £12 million and make a loss of £15 million. They sell out their stadium every week... we dont. They have a better team. They play in a higher league. They have the higher profile manager. They are beamed to 122 countries worldwide every week we are beamed to none. Swansea have no debt attatched to their club, we have nearly £100 million debt attached to ours

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:52 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Next...

They are beamed to 122 countries worldwide every week we are beamed to none.

Sorry,Roathie,im going to have to correct you there.CCFC's games next season will be shown in Malaysia,or to be more specific,Vincent Tans living room.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:55 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Next...

Sorry,Roathie,im going to have to correct you there.CCFC's games next season will be shown in Malaysia,or to be more specific,Vincent Tans living room.

Thats true.

I stand corrected. The Jacks will be beamed to 122 countries worldwide and we will be beamed back for our home games to 1 man.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:56 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Next...

:lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:07 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Next...

Swansea have an annual income of around £55 million, if they stay up that will turn into an annual income of £83 million with the new TV money and a guaranteed £38 million should they get relegated. We have an annual income of around £12 million and make a loss of £15 million. They sell out their stadium every week... we dont. They have a better team. They play in a higher league. They have the higher profile manager. They are beamed to 122 countries worldwide every week we are beamed to none. Swansea have no debt attatched to their club, we have nearly £100 million debt attached to ours

"Swansea have an annual income of around £55 million, if they stay up that will turn into an annual income of £83 million with the new TV money and a guaranteed £38 million should they get relegated. We have an annual income of around £12 million and make a loss of £15 million. "
Money doesn't determine how big a club is.

"They sell out their stadium every week... we dont."
They get 19,000+ a week, we get over 22,000+ a week. If they were in our position they'd get 14,000+ a week, if we were in their position we'd get 26,000+ a week.

"They have a better team. They play in a higher league. They have the higher profile manager."
You're correct. Wigan have a better team and are in a higher league than Sheffield Wednesday, that doesn't make Wigan bigger than Sheffield Wednesday. Swansea have a higher profile manager but you don't even know what he's like as a manager in the the Premier League yet, for all we know he may do an awful job.

"They are beamed to 122 countries worldwide every week we are beamed to none."
So were Blackpool, they're not as big as us.

"Swansea have no debt attatched to their club, we have nearly £100 million debt attached to ours"
Manchester United are in huge debt, yet they're one of the biggest clubs in the world.

You are the worst Jack on here, atleast make it convincing that you're a Cardiff fan.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:18 pm

We could have a red and blue writing battle on our hands here.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:32 pm

[quote="RoathMagic"]Again stating facts gets me accused of being a Jack.

I don't get it, is it that embarrassing to be a jack, most of the Jacks I know support the Ospreys and just look out for the footballs team score.

I

Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:36 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
BorderBlue wrote:RoathMagic - you are quite clearly a Jack. Everything you post is pro-Jack and anti-Cardiff. Not true, but I do make a point of redressing obvious inaccuracies.

If you are a Jack then I haven't got a problem with that. Be proud of your team. I just don't understand why don't admit that fact! Because it isnt a fact, im a City fan - simple.

Your arguments are so one-sided as to betray your true alliegence. Not true again. They are acurate views.

It is true that Swansea are in the Premier League and we aren't - and that is currently on merit. We shall see whether the new season alters that arrangement. Exactly, so having a go at them is silly and makes us look small. Hence why I redress the balance.

As a consequence of being in the Premier League Swansea have access to much greater income than us for the moment. That is true. That income will have a positive income on their profitability obviously - and you draw comparison with our debt as a reflection of their alleged superior status. Of course, thats all standard. Income is a massive part of what makes a big club as is their financial handcuffs.

However, the fact that Swansea have gone into administration twice in living memory should not be ignored. Could they have built the promotion winning teams if they were still saddled with that historic debt? Debatable. The fact that Cardiff have not gone down that route should not be held against that club. Acting dishonourably vis-a-vis local businesses is not a sign of superiority in my book. They have only gone into administration once and for a sum of 800k. We are currently trying to offer Sam £8 million of a £24 million debt. repping him off to the tune of £16 million, 20 times the amount Swansea did. However the debt you refer to with Swanea was settled a decade ago and has no baring on them as a club now - ours is current and has a major baring on our club.

Swansea have a better team than us at this moment in time. But for how long? They will leave like rats from a sinking ship as soon as they start to struggle, or as soon as Mr Rodgers is free to come a calling. So you want to place predictions into your deduction of who is currently the bigger team? Thats nonsense im sure you can see.

Swansea do have more exposure than us media wise at the moment - 3 minutes at the end of MOTD usually, on a par with the Wigans of this world. Cardiff have been in 2 big Cup Finals which were broadcast internationally. And Cardiff will always be the capital of Wales - which attracts media attention across the board. Swansea is famous for being near the Gower. Every single Swansea match is beamed in full to 122 countries worldwide. Canal + being the main distributor which is massive across scandinavia and western Europe. Barnet plays its football in the capital also but wouldnt dream of using that as a reason to why they are bigger than Stoke for example.

The rest of your arguments are just plain stupid. lets see..

They sell out their stadium whilst we don't? Ignoring the fact that we still have much higher crowds than them and that the Liberty is smaller. How does that make them bigger than us. Swansea have reached their maximum and there is demand for more where ours seems to peak at 23k. We have reached our ceiling whilst theirs is still unknown but more than 20k.

And how about the following?

Swansea don't own their stadium. The council do - the Jacks are just tenants just like the Ospreys. How can the council be expected to increase the size of the stadium in the current economic climate when schools, hospitals & local services budgets are being cut? Especially when the need for increased capacity is absolutely determined by the (precarious) position of Swansea maintaining their Premiership status for the next 10 or so years and beyond to justify spending that money - otherwise a white elephant beckons. Neither do we, the bank does until we pay for it. Swansea have stated any improvements to the stadium will be funded by themselved and will own a stake in the ground - potentially leading to buying the stadium outright.

The Jacks do not have their own training facility or academy buildings. They train on a local rec. We don't. Who is the bigger club on that basis? They are currently builing a state of the art training facility and academy.

We own our stadium. If the investment comes in then the capacity will be increased to 35,000 - not far off twice the capacity of the Liberty. Even if we don't fill the ground now or in the future we will still be selling more tickets than Swansea. We dont own our stadium the bank does. Wrong regarding the investment, the increase of capacity will ONLY happen once promotion to the Premiership is secured - so potentially never. As we have deduced, we dont put predictions into our summary as to who is bigger.
Demographics favour Cardiff too - the whole of SE Wales as its natural fan base, the most heavily populated area of Wales. Swansea's fan base pales into insignificance in comparison. Thats only if you assume fans only come from the City the club is based, which of course is nonsense. Or if it isnt, wy the hell are we going into Malaysia. Swansea have the whole of Wales aring Cardiff as a deographic - they are the only Welsh Preier League club.

They have a bigger profile manager than us? WTF? Laudrup was a fantastic footballer. His managerial career does not mirror his playing ability. The best managers are often unsuccessful (and therefore initially lower profile) players .... Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho and even Brendan Rodgers come to mind. Presumably Cardiff would be a smaller club if they appointed one of those rather than a Shearer or Bobby Charlton? Moronic point. What has Malky McKay achieved then? Laudrup has won the Danish double and guided his team to the Europa league quarter finals.

Also our debt will be turned to equity according to VT's plans - so we will be virtually debt free. Whether that actually occurs is open to debate - in the same vein as the Jacks' ability to stay in the Premiership. But we will still be losing £1.2 million a month, £14.4 million a year and will be back in £86.6 million of debt in 6 short seasons not to mention the 7% added on.

Our owners are billionaires. Theirs is a second hand car dealer. That doent mean we are billioaires, in fact quite the opposite.

So Mr JackMagic, if you do want to continue promoting the superiority of your club over Cardiff, please advance more reasoned & less biased arguments. My club is Cardiff but anyone who thinks we are bigger than Swansea is deluded.

Got to agree with Roath on most of the points. Some of our fans will never accept that the Jacks are where we want to be and have what we want.

Some of the arguments given by city fans are cringeworthy

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:22 pm

Many want to be where they are, but nobody wants to be what they are.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:24 pm

We're not even related in my mind. :D

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:27 pm

F**k me he's back , thought attendances would get you interested in a discussion

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Many want to be where they are, but nobody wants to be what they are.

and nobody wants what you've got or about to receive

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Many want to be where they are, but nobody wants to be what they are.

and nobody wants what you've got or about to receive

Crystal ball on the go then? Palm reading later?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:33 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

I have lived in Swansea for 25 years though, I also have 3 daughters and 6 grandchildren living there, so I do know quite a bit about it. ;) :D

Do they watch the Swans ?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Fusilier52 wrote:

Do they watch the Swans ?

Nope, not my daughters even the one born in Singleton is a Bluebird. :ayatollah:
Grandchildren not really old enough yet but the eldest do like Liverpool because her dad (Swansea born) do.
One father to one my grandchildren is a jack though. Plenty of banter between us. :D ;)