Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF YOU DONT LIKE RED - DONT BUY IT - SIMPLES

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:59 am

Red? Not for me thank you.

New Badge. Do f**k off, its ghastly.

My opinion, having thought it through:

Protests and groups will not work (no offence).. Tan will get his back up and make a stand
and it will become too adversarial. I can smell that one a mile off.

But the badge is disgusting. I personally just WOULD NOT BE SEEN DEAD WITH IT.

Keep emotions out of all this, just act like any other consumer in the world. If you dont like
a product - dont buy it.

Tan will eventually resort to type and start acting like a businessman again, he will not keep
flogging a dead horse. This rebranding, certainly the badge, will be a one-season wonder. We
just DO NOT have enough plastic newbies who will be prepared to spend their hard earned dosh
on an object of ridicule.

Re: IF YOU DONT LIKE RED - DONT BUY IT - SIMPLES

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:52 am

Top post. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:32 am

Agreed about the protesting and marching. People need to tread carefully on that one.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:52 am

CP76 wrote:Agreed about the protesting and marching. People need to tread carefully on that one.

I agree too.I can see it now,a belly full of beer and a bunch of lads with a cause=trouble-

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:18 am

i am not sure taffyapple, i think you could see a lot of people buying all this red, but am not sure, i cant wait to find out

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:40 am

taffyapple wrote:Red? Not for me thank you.

Protests and groups will not work (no offence).. Tan will get his back up and make a stand

Keep emotions out of all this, just act like any other consumer in the world. If you dont like
a product - dont buy it.

Tan will eventually resort to type and start acting like a businessman again, he will not keep
flogging a dead horse. This rebranding, certainly the badge, will be a one-season wonder. We
just DO NOT have enough plastic newbies who will be prepared to spend their hard earned dosh

agreed with some of this.....but keeping emotions out of it????.....surely emotions are what you have in abbundance supporting a team ..any team :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:13 am

I agree that the badge is fking bad bad bad, who the fk thought that up I will never know. It must have taken them all of 12 seconds to come up with that shit. I have seen a few on here that would leave our club badge well in the shade.

I can think a man with so much brain, to make so much money, could come up with so much shit, as our badge is.
As for the Red, well if that what it takes to keep Cardiff City going to the wall so be it. No we are not happy about it BUT ! Im sure we would be more upset if we didnt have any where to go at 3pm on a Saturday .

Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:49 am

a product - dont buy it.

Not plastic, been supporting for 20 odd years and a season ticket holder for the last 4 to 5. I'll be buying it, i like it! My two sons will probably be buying it too.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:08 am

The badge is absolutely shit and i will not be buying ANY merchandise with that badge on but that's my personal choice and if fans want to buy the red shirts etc then that's their perogative and i cetainly wouldn't give them any grief.

With regards protests i agree that we have to tread very carefully but i don't just think we should roll over because before we know it we will be sat in red seats with that monstosity of a badge appearing inside and outside our stadium :(

I see nothing wrong in fans turning up in Blue with Blue placards and Blue banners chanting BLuebirds but nothing insulting or offensive to be chanted at the Malaysians. Because like it or not they are the only ones who are prepared to put money in to keep us going and while i do not like the rebranding i am very grateful for their financial support because let's face it without we would be well f*cked :o

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:06 am

blueheaven wrote:The badge is absolutely shit and i will not be buying ANY merchandise with that badge on but that's my personal choice and if fans want to buy the red shirts etc then that's their perogative and i cetainly wouldn't give them any grief.

With regards protests i agree that we have to tread very carefully but i don't just think we should roll over because before we know it we will be sat in red seats with that monstosity of a badge appearing inside and outside our stadium :(

I see nothing wrong in fans turning up in Blue with Blue placards and Blue banners chanting BLuebirds but nothing insulting or offensive to be chanted at the Malaysians. Because like it or not they are the only ones who are prepared to put money in to keep us going and while i do not like the rebranding i am very grateful for their financial support because let's face it without we would be well f*cked :o

Spot on, this post probably represents the majority of our fans. :old:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:32 am

llan bluebird wrote:
blueheaven wrote:The badge is absolutely shit and i will not be buying ANY merchandise with that badge on but that's my personal choice and if fans want to buy the red shirts etc then that's their perogative and i cetainly wouldn't give them any grief.

Spot on, this post probably represents the majority of our fans. :old:

Cheers Mate i would like to think that the vast majority of fans feel the same way but the one thing i hate about the rebranding more than anything else is how it has divided the fans the one thing we all have in common is we all support Cardiff City with a passion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:57 am

The only risk I would say is that it could end up being slippery slope. You might not have that intention but I doubt it will be long before others use it to that extreme. Just look at what happened on the message boards and facebook!!!

Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:19 pm

a product - dont buy it.

I'm not anti malaysian, I appreciate their investment and commitment, and I'd like to remain blue etc etc. I simply do not understand why Tan said he would revisit the badge design, with the fans being consulted, prior to next season. Surely it makes sense to get the rebranding right first time (even if it delays the release of merchandise for sale) and not have to go through the process of changing the badge (website, kit, merchandise, logo on the stadium etc etc) all over again. Surely if he had withdrawn the first badge design, which nobody has admitted to liking, then consulted the fans over the re-design, then this would no doubt result in increased shirt/merchandise sales over what is likely to sell this season.

I do agree that the way make a stand is to not purchase any merchandise adorning the new badge/colour, and simply purchase the retro gear or anything containing the old colour and logo. That way, we are continuing our support of the club by injecting money into shirt/merchandise sales, but are demonstrating our disdain for the badge.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Natman Blue wrote:

a product - dont buy it.

Not plastic, been supporting for 20 odd years and a season ticket holder for the last 4 to 5. I'll be buying it, i like it! My two sons will probably be buying it too.

If you like it your a very lucky man mate :ayatollah:

I didnt mean to suggest that anyone who likes it or buys it is a plastic. No offence meant.

My point is, there will need to be a very large percentage of the newer supporters buying it
because I cant see many of the long-standing fans going for it.

Protests wont bother Tan, lack of revenue will.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:32 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

a product - dont buy it.

I didnt mean to suggest that anyone who likes it or buys it is a plastic. No offence meant.

My point is, there will need to be a very large percentage of the newer supporters buying it

well ive been supporting cardiff since 1972 i will buy it because i support the city and a lot more older fans will as well

Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:37 pm

bluestar wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

a product - dont buy it.

well ive been supporting cardiff since 1972 i will buy it because i support the city and a lot more older fans will as well

Well the proof of the pudding as they say, We shall all soon see

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:21 pm

a product - dont buy it.

Spot on I won't buy any merchandise, it is the only sensible protest

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:37 pm

a product - dont buy it.

I'm pro-rebrand but I won't be buying a red shirt or red anything but neither will I be protesting.

However, VT has no interest in how many shirts he sells in South Wales it is all about far east merchandising, sponsorship and TV deals.

That's why I can't agree it will be a one season wonder because it will take longer than that to implement his plans in the Far East.

Of course there is one potential spanner in the works, what if we don't get promoted this season?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

a product - dont buy it.

I'm pro-rebrand but I won't be buying a red shirt or red anything but neither will I be protesting.

However, VT has no interest in how many shirts he sells in South Wales it is all about far east merchandising, sponsorship and TV deals.

That's why I can't agree it will be a one season wonder because it will take longer than that to implement his plans in the Far East.

Of course there is one potential spanner in the works, what if we don't get promoted this season?

There's going to be a minimum of £60 million of TV money going to all Premier league teams for the 2013-2014 season, so whilst there's no guarantee of promotion, I think VT will be going for it Big time this season!

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:54 pm

bluestar wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

a product - dont buy it.

I willsay hardly any of us will.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:25 pm

He could of changed the kit and badge and not put ANYTHING in couldn't he...

Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:31 pm

AbsolutelyFearless wrote:He could of changed the kit and badge and not put ANYTHING in couldn't he...

No

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:29 pm

CP76 wrote:
AbsolutelyFearless wrote:He could of changed the kit and badge and not put ANYTHING in couldn't he...

No

Yes, as he can do what the f**k he likes pix..

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:47 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

a product - dont buy it.

Taffy, have you seen it 'in the flesh' so to speak?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:50 pm

a product - dont buy it.

Totally agree Chief. But i have a feeling they will sell well :o looks like Man ure's kit. But to me that aint the problem its seeing us run out at all our home games :o :o now thats the problem.