Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Will we be red for a few years or forever?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:20 am

Hope it's just for a few years so we can go back blue :cry:

Re: Will we be red for a few years or forever?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:25 am

dont hold your breath on this one mate

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:26 am

The way I see it, any success will be seen as a justification for going red and failure could result in no club at all. Now that is depressing. :(

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:19 pm

I'll be happy if they get us debt free,prem football they can fuk off then and go back blue and our old badge,going up in red won't be the same to me :cry:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:40 pm

Always Blue wrote:I'll be happy if they get us debt free,prem football they can fuk off then and go back blue and our old badge,going up in red won't be the same to me :cry:

I feel exactly the same

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:01 pm

I think it will last about 3 years but I'm just guessing. It definitely won't be forever, when the Malaysians eventually leave we won't have to stay red.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:37 pm

I fear we will never play in blue again, if the Malaysians sell the club to other people from the far east they will be buying a club who's colours are red and black and they will want it to stay that way, it won't be as straight forward as new owners back to blue

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:58 pm

A few years.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:45 am

We need to stop worrying about the length of red.

I think whoever takes us over after the Malaysians have gone will want an even more positive change than what they have taken over so the first thing to do would be to change to blue. :ayatollah:

Few seasons I think and then we will get back to blue. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:47 am

Im convinced it will be for a very long time. Some posters are kidding themselves if they think a U-turn will happen sooner rather than later.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:57 am

Not forever I don't think but like one poster said don't hold your breath. :cry:

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:11 am

I think it could be next season or the season after. I believe that come next summer if we do not get promoted a lot of fans are not going to re new their season tickets because of the re branding & a average season. Many fans at the moment are sitting on the fence and are waiting to see what happens. Many fans renewed on the back of the cup final tickets - 1 extra ticket/guaranteed ticket, etc.

If fans vote with their feet next time around then the owners will have to sit up and look at all the factors. We may get promoted if we strengthen, I may be wrong but I believe that there are a lot of wavering fans out there who could be lost.