Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: YOUR BEST AWAY GOAL MEMORY........

Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:11 am

Chris Pike v Halifax away 1991 beat about 3 players & smashed the ball home of the post which lead to mental charging about on the gravel bank behind with 250 city fans.

CCFC The unstoppable sex machine!

Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:31 pm

Tony Birds volley in Liege. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What a trip.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Blakeys Freekick against Fulham 93. Cant remember if it was before or after the game was suspended but that was a great day. :lol:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:20 pm

CP76 wrote:Blakeys Freekick against Fulham 93. Cant remember if it was before or after the game was suspended but that was a great day. :lol:

Just after resumption I believe. Beautiful. Shame it was down the other end of the ground. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Willo Flood - Leeds away.

Nicked a winner with 10 men, and the goal was a sheer class counter attack. That was Chopra at his best, a superb assist. Put us 2nd in the table after 15 games if I remember rightly. We were top by xmas too :lol:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Red Barron wrote:Blakes goal v middlesborough at ayresome park 1993-ish fa cup reply, copper had to truncheon me down from the fence!!!

That was a fabulous night. We scored with the first attack and Boro had a bout 2,000 shots on target and then last kick of the game, Kav scored the equaliser!

Mark Aizlewood then cleared the ball from about 2 yards over the line but the linesman didn't give it before our winner.

Blake's goal though was weird because him and Cohen Griffith were so knackered they couldn't even celebrate. Took an age for us to realise it was in.

Then everyone on our bus singing the theme tune to Only Fools and Horses as we headed home. Didn't get home til 5 in the morning!

Proper away days!

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:Chris Pike v Halifax away 1991 beat about 3 players & smashed the ball home of the post which lead to mental charging about on the gravel bank behind with 250 city fans.

It was Robbie James (RIP) who scored that goal! All of our players were on the "terrace" celebrating and Lee Bracey (ex-Jack) tried to play on! It was mental!

Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Coventry away in 03, Lee Bullock, Gav Gordon and Jonny Robinson. All singing hears to you Jonny Robinson Cardiff loves you more than you could know oooooohhhhh. Decent day

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:33 pm

taffyapple wrote:Tony Birds volley in Liege. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What a trip.

good shout fella :ayatollah: never seen as many drunk blokes fall over each other at the same time
happy memories

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:46 pm

WHU, April 79, Ray Bishop, that shut them cockneys up!

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Kavanagh away at Wolves. Was my birthday and I took my eldest to his 1st proper away game. Whitts v Reading was good. Remember Langley scoring a screamer away at bramhall lane.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:35 pm

Howey1927 wrote:
Fairwater Youth wrote:Chris Pike v Halifax away 1991 beat about 3 players & smashed the ball home of the post which lead to mental charging about on the gravel bank behind with 250 city fans.

It was Robbie James (RIP) who scored that goal! All of our players were on the "terrace" celebrating and Lee Bracey (ex-Jack) tried to play on! It was mental!

Robbie James didn't join us until 92-93, He did score against Chesterfield away!