Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

YOUR BEST AWAY GOAL MEMORY........

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:43 pm

What's your favourite away City goal you have witnessed?

Many will say Bellers at the Jacks stadium but I didn't go to that.

For me.....Adam Matthews at Watford from 60 odd yards :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
To top a cracking win and a whole pissed up day for me in Hertfordshire :ayatollah:

Re: YOUR BEST AWAY GOAL MEMORY........

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Nathan Blakes v Wrexham away 93

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Paul Miller v Brum ,From the halfway line

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Dave Bennett......Lincoln away 1982.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:12 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Dave Bennett..Lincoln away 1982.

I couldn't think back to any that long ago.
I went to Lincoln away when we won 1-0, I remember the ref getting subbed, the replacement ref giving them a pen, they missed it, then we were given a pen and Tarki Micallef scored for us, god knows the year though :D

Weird that was but a win none the less :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

BLOOBIRDS.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:15 pm

...I'm sorry but Bellamy v the Jacks :D it was THAT good from the other side of the pitch. I love how we (away fans) slightly delayed the crazy celebrations til the ball actually bounces off the net. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvRC66LRIZY :ayatollah:

I've only been to away games since 2008 (I was 13 at the time), so I'd probably go for Kenny Miller's last minute winner against West Ham last season, I'll always remember falling down about 7 rows of seats with a huge smile on my face. :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rITbDC5OPAs :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Bellamy's was awesome... but standing right behind Whitts when he scores against Leicester was fecking awesome!!! >>>

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Whitts hat trick goal at sheff utd few years ago, when we won 4-3 the passing and attacking spirt we showed on that goal was awesome, like watching brazil ;) saying that the whole day and game was awesome

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:38 pm

really enjoyed millers at west ham last season
their mouthy fans,arrogant press releases by their players beforehand
stick your f*cking bubbles up your arse :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:46 pm

cmorris1927 wrote:Bellamy's was awesome... but standing right behind Whitts when he scores against Leicester was fecking awesome!!! >>>

and one of my fave's at home was Chopra against the jacks... 92nd minute and they were singing 'never beat the jacks'

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:49 pm

cmorris1927 wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:Bellamy's was awesome... but standing right behind Whitts when he scores against Leicester was fecking awesome!!! >>>

and one of my fave's at home was Chopra against the jacks... 92nd minute and they were singing 'never beat the jacks'

I was in work listening to that in our general office, went f*cking mad when he scored :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:50 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:

I was in work listening to that in our general office, went f*cking mad when he scored :ayatollah:

as i live in west wales... made the drive home so much sweeter :D

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:50 pm

burnley away 88 alan curtis free kick started the 2nd pitch invasion fun and games leaving the ground and promotion :ayatollah:
there are prob loads more but thats the first one that springs to mind :old: :old:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:53 pm

cmorris1927 wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:
cmorris1927 wrote:

as i live in west wales... made the drive home so much sweeter :D

I watched that over n over and the sound it made when it hit the post.....aaaaaaahhhhhh :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:57 pm

I have 3 in mind..

All from this season as I only started going season just gone..

Taylor vs Pompey.. 70 odd minutes.. Away end went bonkers.
Whittingham vs Reading.. Screamer of a goal.. Not long got into the ground and it was 2 minutes gone. 3000+ going mad.
Mason vs West Brom (FA CUP) We was 2-0 down and they had a strong team and ours were a bit weak and I nearly fell into the home end.

But the own goal vs Bristol is my number one. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:03 pm

Blakes goal v middlesborough at ayresome park 1993-ish fa cup reply, copper had to truncheon me down from the fence!!!

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:23 pm

Bellamy against the jacks was special but stokers at hereford always comes to mind, he run the length of the pitch to celebrate with city fans.... Another 1 was Earnies overhead kick at hartlepool first game of the season, cant remember the year, a city fan celebrated on the pitch and got knocked out cold when he ran into the post

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:27 pm

Bellars vs the Jacks, and whitts vs leicester :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Best header Hudson v jacks

Best free kick Whitts v leicester

Best open play Bellamy v jacks

:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Koumas' free kick away to Doncaster. I charged down the front with my shirt off celebrating, then as I was still celebrating and getting back to where I was standing, I turn around and see Koumas putting the third in. I was doing the conga on the way out of the ground before realising my brother put a bet on City to win 3-1, so a great day all round and one of my favourite moments. Here's the goal, it's not me filming but I was screaming similar to that! :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBipcK1tbGA

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:46 pm

cityblue wrote:Bellamy against the jacks was special but stokers at hereford always comes to mind, he run the length of the pitch to celebrate with city fans.... Another 1 was Earnies overhead kick at hartlepool first game of the season, cant remember the year, a city fan celebrated on the pitch and got knocked out cold when he ran into the post

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:34 am

Can't believe that no one has said Ledleys FA Cup Semi Final winner at Wembley although not sure if that counts has away :?: :D

Also Ledley scored a peach of a volley at Birmingham a few seasons back :ayatollah:

Then Bellamys stormer at the Liberty the whole City end went beserk and the look on the Jerks faces was priceless :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:36 am

Miller away at Birmingham in '95 - no brainer !

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:43 am

cf63bluebirds wrote:Miller away at Birmingham in '95 - no brainer !

Paul Millar my lord, Paul Millar.
Goal No.1 on this collection.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oodQt0Sjijc&feature=plcp

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:45 am

Occasional Violins wrote:

Nice one I havent seen that before

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:47 am

I was going to say Ledley's goal at wembley....but i would be branded a plastic :lol:

Umm id go for whitts v boro FA cup run amazing skill and finish.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:01 am

Whittigham vs Barnsley 2011

Goal of the Year :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:28 am

cf63bluebirds wrote:
Occasional Violins wrote:

Nice one I havent seen that before

8-) :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:28 am

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:Whittigham vs Barnsley 2011

Goal of the Year :ayatollah:

That was at home :lol:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:37 am

Gilligan at Twerton Park v Bristol Rovers in the pissing down rain in 1989.....the packed away end exploded...