Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What went wrong?

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:18 am

With are fans we used to be a take no shit fans club now we seem to be more of a oh well whatever fan base, lack of fight, no passion for the shirt and what it stands for at all, fan base of part timers and teens who couldnt care less what goes on. Where did it all go wrong and i know the love many fans had for the club has totally gone including me as theres nothing much there to love anymore. :cry:

Re: What went wrong?

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:32 am

bluebird1977 wrote:With are fans we used to be a take no shit fans club now we seem to be more of a oh well whatever fan base, lack of fight, no passion for the shirt and what it stands for at all, fan base of part timers and teens who couldnt care less what goes on. Where did it all go wrong and i know the love many fans had for the club has totally gone including me as theres nothing much there to love anymore. :cry:

If there is nothing there for you to love any more, why are you harping on about it all of the time. Have you got the proof yet to show that City haven't paid the rent for the training ground

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:35 am

bluebird1977 wrote:With are fans we used to be a take no shit fans club now we seem to be more of a oh well whatever fan base, lack of fight, no passion for the shirt and what it stands for at all, fan base of part timers and teens who couldnt care less what goes on. Where did it all go wrong and i know the love many fans had for the club has totally gone including me as theres nothing much there to love anymore. :cry:

You wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? :lol:

I understand where you are coming from... but I haven't or never will lose the love or passion I have for CARDIFF CITY FC, play in pink with daisies as the badge for all I care....its all about getting behind CARDIFF CITY FC's players and supporting CARDIFF CITY FC. Waking up on Friday 17th the excitment building as you sip your first pint (in my case down Canton) then make the walk to the stadium to watch CARDIFF CITY FC play. Thats what its all about supporting CARDIFF CITY FC for the name not the colour.

We need to stay united as one, as CARDIFF CITY FC, not divided.... :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:43 am

ScottCcfc27 wrote:

You wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? :lol:

I understand where you are coming from... but I haven't or never will lose the love or passion I have for CARDIFF CITY FC, play in pink with daisies as the badge for all I care....its all about getting behind CARDIFF CITY FC's players and supporting CARDIFF CITY FC. Waking up on Friday 17th the excitment building as you sip your first pint (in my case down Canton) then make the walk to the stadium to watch CARDIFF CITY FC play. Thats what its all about supporting CARDIFF CITY FC for the name not the colour.

We need to stay united as one, as CARDIFF CITY FC, not divided.... :ayatollah:

Spot on Scotty, well said :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:59 am

We have had it chaps the fights gone from us all lets face it theres more and more fans that will just say oh well we will always be cardiff city wtf is that all about its cringeworthy for god sake, there will always be an asda and tesco by name also but even they got identitys STILL :roll:, as for rangers i couldnt care less for them they wouldnt have put up with some owner turning them in to a team of green shirts with a camel on there badge would they even if they wasnt fucked so your missing the whole point or your to foolish to undertsand that we was never going down that route anyway FACT as its been said by whiteley over and over. It seems all are fans was concerned about was the scaremongering of us folding when in truth it was never going to happen but the thought of it made are fans all cower like a dog whos been beaten with a stick for years on end. Really sad :shock:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:06 am

Players, managers, owners, kits, badges, stadiums, etc all come and go. What makes Cardiff City is it's fans and, whatever your views on what has happened lately, that remains unchanged.

To be honest, what annoys me more about all this change lately is not the re-branding or colour change. It's so-called fans saying things ain't the same and that that they won't be supporting the team anymore :roll: They may hanker after the days of 4,000 crowds on a Tuesday night in the old 4th division but, call me plastic if you like, I don't :? :lol: Been there, done that, got the shirt, got the bruises, etc.

I started going down to Ninian Park in 1971 with my father. I thought it was heresy when they put seating on the Bob Bank :shock: :lol:

As a result of all this change lately, hopefully, we will still have a club in 20 years time. If we do, then I will still be there right 'til the end of every game. I just can't imagine not supporting this club, whatever they're wearing or whoever owns us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:10 am

piledriver64 wrote:Players, managers, owners, kits, badges, stadiums, etc all come and go. What makes Cardiff City is it's fans and, whatever your views on what has happened lately, that remains unchanged.

To be honest, what annoys me more about all this change lately is not the re-branding or colour change. It's so-called fans saying things ain't the same and that that they won't be supporting the team anymore :roll: They may hanker after the days of 4,000 crowds on a Tuesday night in the old 4th division but, call me plastic if you like, I don't :? :lol: Been there, done that, got the shirt, got the bruises, etc.

I started going down to Ninian Park in 1971 with my father. I thought it was heresy when they put seating on the Bob Bank :shock: :lol:

As a result of all this change lately, hopefully, we will still have a club in 20 years time. If we do, then I will still be there right 'til the end of every game. I just can't imagine not supporting this club, whatever they're wearing or whoever owns us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Again and i quote ""hopefully we will still have a club in 20 years time"" another fan who was afraid of what might have happened if this rebrand didnt happen, yet we are in no diffrent position now than to last season or the one before with the club nothings changed at all bar more loans, when our own fans realise this maybe they will wake up :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:20 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:Players, managers, owners, kits, badges, stadiums, etc all come and go. What makes Cardiff City is it's fans and, whatever your views on what has happened lately, that remains unchanged.

Again and i quote ""hopefully we will still have a club in 20 years time"" another fan who was afraid of what might have happened if this rebrand didnt happen, yet we are in no diffrent position now than to last season or the one before with the club nothings changed at all bar more loans, when our own fans realise this maybe they will wake up :ayatollah:

I did not feel held to ransom by the re-branding and you know little of me to make such assumptions :evil: What I do know is that whether I agree with it or not, without VT we have no other options.

If, and I agree it is a big if, the majority of his investment is turned to equity we would certainly be in a much more secure state than we have been since the 70s. If it doesn't then we are in the shit, but there will still be no other investors queuing up.

Your attitude is condescending in the extreme :roll: You don't know that this re-branding won't work, I don't know that it will. What I believe is that it's worth a try based on the fact that VT clearly has a bit more business acumen than us and therefore I'll go with his hunch for now ;)

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:04 pm

bluebird1977, what is your alternative to the rebrand and the Malaysians?

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:13 pm

croesybluebird1989 wrote:bluebird1977, what is your alternative to the rebrand and the Malaysians?

He hasnt got one. He's full of he's quick to question people's loyalties just because they dont agree with him. At least by doing the rebranding they are trying to solve our debt problems though it hasnt been fully cleared up.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:21 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
croesybluebird1989 wrote:bluebird1977, what is your alternative to the rebrand and the Malaysians?

He hasnt got one. He's full of he's quick to question people's loyalties just because they dont agree with him. At least by doing the rebranding they are trying to solve our debt problems though it hasnt been fully cleared up.

Seems as though none of the anti Malaysians have logical alternative suggestions

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:23 pm

croesybluebird1989 wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:

He hasnt got one. He's full of shit he's quick to question people's loyalties just because they dont agree with him. At least by doing the rebranding they are trying to solve our debt problems though it hasnt been fully cleared up.

Seems as though none of the anti Malaysians have logical alternative suggestions

They can keep saying it wont lead to us going bust but where else will it lead us if we keep losing money. Obviously the malaysians havent invested the £100 mil yet or turned it into equity but if they do and hopefully they will itll put us in a better financial position

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:57 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:We have had it chaps the fights gone from us all lets face it theres more and more fans that will just say oh well we will always be cardiff city wtf is that all about its cringeworthy for god sake, there will always be an asda and tesco by name also but even they got identitys STILL :roll:, as for rangers i couldnt care less for them they wouldnt have put up with some owner turning them in to a team of green shirts with a camel on there badge would they even if they wasnt fucked so your missing the whole point or your to foolish to undertsand that we was never going down that route anyway FACT as its been said by whiteley over and over. It seems all are fans was concerned about was the scaremongering of us folding when in truth it was never going to happen but the thought of it made are fans all cower like a dog whos been beaten with a stick for years on end. Really sad :shock:

Ironically two brands who have also undergone massive re-branding exercises yet both of whom are still thriving and gone on to bigger and better things. You point again being?????

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:44 pm

Don't think the fight as gone from the real fans, in fact far from it, I think they are showing how much fight they have by sticking with the club, the club to many is a major part of their life, Ninian Park was a part the many club badges were a part, we have progressed and moved on, all these changes are part of out history.

Some fans are more concerned of how the colour change affects them, rather than how it benefits the club, well they have shown they ain't up for the fight by jumping ship, the real fans will stay and fight for their club, the club means a lot more to most than a colour shirt, but some may find that hard to understand. :ayatollah: