Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WOULD YOU DO THIS

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:23 pm

With the rollercoaster we have been on lately I ask all those who are unsure of the rebrand would you be prepared to wear blue to games and not buy any red as a personal protest?,this way you are not hurting the club but stating your feelings. :ayatollah:

Re: WOULD YOU DO THIS

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:29 pm

From the outside looking in, I imagine that's what about 75% of your fans will do, just judging by what I've read on here. I also think they're right to do it...

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:32 pm

That's what i'm doing. Won't be attending many games though. I'll go to all home cup games in our run to both domestic cup final victories and about 13/14 league games.

Blue shirt, blue scarf every game :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:37 pm

scotsjack wrote:From the outside looking in, I imagine that's what about 75% of your fans will do, just judging by what I've read on here. I also think they're right to do it...

Serious question here,forget the banter if you were told you had to play in lets say blue and be called the blues how do you think your fanbase would react?

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:55 pm

dazzyt wrote:
scotsjack wrote:From the outside looking in, I imagine that's what about 75% of your fans will do, just judging by what I've read on here. I also think they're right to do it...

Serious question here,forget the banter if you were told you had to play in lets say blue and be called the blues how do you think your fanbase would react?

We fought back against Petty and ran him out of town, but, I will admit that from then on, we got our fair share of luck. Not in a bad way but we had relatively wealthy supporters who took a club in deep trouble to where we are now. The trust at Swansea really took off and everything fell into place.

Reading on here there is a massive divide and I don't know? The stakes are much higher these days and I can see that True fans on here who are against the change have many good points, the ones who grudgingly accept it have some good points? The Cardiff fans who embrace it, that I can't understand?

Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:09 am

dazzyt wrote:With the rollercoaster we have been on lately I ask all those who are unsure of the rebrand would you be prepared to wear blue to games and not buy any red as a personal protest?,this way you are not hurting the club but stating your feelings. :ayatollah:

Not fussed on red at all tbh Dazz, as it doesn't look so good on me as blue :) , but to say that not buying anything red isn't going to hurt the club, isn't factually correct!

What I'm more bothered about though, is what are some people going to do if they see some of our fans who have decided that they like red and buy and wear the shirts?

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:49 am

dazzyt wrote:With the rollercoaster we have been on lately I ask all those who are unsure of the rebrand would you be prepared to wear blue to games and not buy any red as a personal protest?,this way you are not hurting the club but stating your feelings. :ayatollah:

Absolutely 100 per cent Yes. my stance , I will never buy anything with the new badge on or a Red home shirt!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:05 am

Overthemoon wrote:

Not fussed on red at all tbh Dazz, as it doesn't look so good on me as blue :) , but to say that not buying anything red isn't going to hurt the club, isn't factually correct!

What I'm more bothered about though, is what are some people going to do if they see some of our fans who have decided that they like red and buy and wear the shirts?

TBH the club don't seem to be bothered about the locals because they didn't for 1 minute think about doing any market research to find out if people would buy the red kit so it obviously isn't going to hurt them because their market seems to be asia. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:39 am

dazzyt wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

TBH the club don't seem to be bothered about the locals because they didn't for 1 minute think about doing any market research to find out if people would buy the red kit so it obviously isn't going to hurt them because their market seems to be asia. :ayatollah:

They may well have underestimated the feelings of our fans who wanted to remain blue Dazz, but it'll still hurt the club in the pocket if our local fans don't buy any red products!

As it's been mentioned on here before though, the people who post on here and on MM's board are only a small minority of our fan base and I suspect that come the friendly against Newcastle and the Huddersfield game, there'll be loads of our fans wearing the red shirts! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:07 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
dazzyt wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

They may well have underestimated the feelings of our fans who wanted to remain blue Dazz, but it'll still hurt the club in the pocket if our local fans don't buy any red products!

As it's been mentioned on here before though, the people who post on here and on MM's board are only a small minority of our fan base and I suspect that come the friendly against Newcastle and the Huddersfield game, there'll be loads of our fans wearing the red shirts! :ayatollah:

I am sure there will be many wearing the shirts but compared to remaining blue I would imagine sales will drop and this was not the fans decision so imo the only people hurting the club is the club themselves due to putting all their eggs in the Asian basket and forgetting about the bread and butter fans,some will buy the blue away kit (if it is blue) but a lot of fans will wear their old shirts so I see us making more of a loss this year in this department.I stick with my original argument.......Success breeds success and changing our badge,colour and nickname will not give us PL football but investing in players would be a good step.That's my opinion :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:12 pm

dazzyt wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
dazzyt wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

I am sure there will be many wearing the shirts but compared to remaining blue I would imagine sales will drop and this was not the fans decision so imo the only people hurting the club is the club themselves due to putting all their eggs in the Asian basket and forgetting about the bread and butter fans,some will buy the blue away kit (if it is blue) but a lot of fans will wear their old shirts so I see us making more of a loss this year in this department.I stick with my original argument.......Success breeds success and changing our badge,colour and nickname will not give us PL football but investing in players would be a good step. That's my opinion :ayatollah:

God post Dazz, but whatever the reasons for changing our home shirts to red, it'll still hurt the club financially if people don't buy them!

I suppose that they'll have some idea which way to go at the end of the season, when they will be able to look at the shirt sales figures! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:06 pm

This will be my stance (Mind you - I only ever buy the shirt at the end of the season for a tenner)

There is one possibility with shirt sales though.

I have no idea what the current % of sales are between home and away shirts but I would take a guess that the majority would be home shirts.

The chances are for this season that the club could actually benefit with the divide in support.

the pro red supporters will go out and buy the red shirt as soon as its on sale.
The anti red will be straight out buying blue shirts as soon as these are available. (and due to us wanting to stay blue - supporters may go out to buy a blue shirt in protest when as they may not have bought a shirt in the past)

This could mean that the club actually sell more shirts this year than previous seasons.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:15 pm

HighXBlue wrote:This will be my stance (Mind you - I only ever buy the shirt at the end of the season for a tenner)

I have no idea what the current % of sales are between home and away shirts but I would take a guess that the majority would be home shirts.

The chances are for this season that the club could actually benefit with the divide in support.

the pro red supporters will go out and buy the red shirt as soon as its on sale.
The anti red will be straight out buying blue shirts as soon as these are available. (and due to us wanting to stay blue - supporters may go out to buy a blue shirt in protest when as they may not have bought a shirt in the past)

This could mean that the club actually sell more shirts this year than previous seasons.

Do you think the anti red fans and those on the fence will rush to buy a shirt with a dragon on it or continue to wear an old shirt???? :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:18 pm

HighXBlue wrote:This will be my stance (Mind you - I only ever buy the shirt at the end of the season for a tenner)

I doubt many "pro-reds" will actually buy the red shirt unless its for their kids. Most who support the rebranding are against the colour change

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:42 pm

I have already told my boys that if they want the red shirts they will have to buy them this year. Trouble is my ten year old like a lot of other kids has said that he will then because he wants this seasons Cardiff City shirt and its hard to argue against that.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:I have already told my boys that if they want the red shirts they will have to buy them this year. Trouble is my ten year old like a lot of other kids has said that he will then because he wants this seasons Cardiff City shirt and its hard to argue against that.

I fully understand...... kids always want the latest gear that's life isn't it mate :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:00 pm

I dont think your LISTENING to the fans who are for re-branding as this is what they are allready saying they are doing and still being slated for it.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:01 pm

I'll be wearing blue and and not buying the red top. I'm undecided if I'll buy the away top or not.

I always buy my nephew the new top, I'll get him the blue one tho.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:09 pm

I'm not buying any red.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:22 pm

bluecyw wrote:

I dont think your LISTENING to the fans who are for re-branding as this is what they are allready saying they are doing and still being slated for it.

:ayatollah:
I am listening mate, I asked a question if you read the post -
"would you be prepared to wear blue to games and not buy any red as a personal protest"?

you stated

"they are already doing this".....are you speaking for them or yourself?
:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:I have already told my boys that if they want the red shirts they will have to buy them this year. Trouble is my ten year old like a lot of other kids has said that he will then because he wants this seasons Cardiff City shirt and its hard to argue against that.

Personally, I'm not even sure that I will but the blue away kit this year as I don't like it very much. So many better designs were on here and its a shame that they didn't get a look in.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Ive got no intention of ever buying a red shirt or scarf for that matter,i will always wear blue come rain or shine :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:26 pm

buy the new blue kit so the club still get money ???????