Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bolton

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:27 pm

are my tip for this division this season.

I think Kev Davies will rip thus league apart and Coyle knows this division.

Re: Bolton

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:36 pm

CP76 wrote:are my tip for this division this season.

I reckon they are def top 6 in my opinion.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Agree, a good manager and some decent players.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:05 pm

should win it at a canter if they can keep their best players.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:06 pm

I reckon Wolves.

Most of their players are good championship players so not many of them will be picked off by prem clubs and quite a few of them have been promoted a few times from the league so they know what they're doing.

Blackburn will be midtable at best, bottom half/relegation battle at worst and I see Bolton finishing in play-offs but bottling it.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:08 pm

I think the Wolves managers inexperience at this level will count against them

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:11 pm

we'll win the league

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Cardiff City to win the league this season! :)

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:38 pm

CP76 wrote:I think the Wolves managers inexperience at this level will count against them

That's the only thing that counts against them imo.

They should have signed Bruce back in the prem, he's good at establishing prem clubs and he knows how to get promoted.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:13 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18607827

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:23 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18607827

That will be a good signing for them......

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:37 am

I think Bolton will be one of the top 2 for the automatic places, I can't see too many radical changes happening to the club. Their parachute payments will help to alleviate their wage bill and they are probably still holding onto the Gary Cahill transfer fee too.

Kevin Davies will tear the league up while being supplied by the likes of Petrov, they also have other formidable midfield players with the likes of Stuart Holden, Mark Davies and Chris Eagles, all of who started most games in the EPL last season.

They are suspect in defence but i'm sure Owen Coyle will address that issue with a shrewd signing or 2.

Anything less than top 2 would be a disappointment for Bolton but as we saw last season with West Ham, just because you dropped down from the Premiership doesn't mean you have the right to go up automatically and it's going to be a tough test for Bolton.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:08 am

At the moment they look a good bet but what players will be left for the season ?

£94m in debt and looking for investors, players on Prem wages will have to be sold (Gartside has already admitted as much). I can't really see players like Petrov hanging around.

I still think their squad should be strong enough but I'm not sure I'd be putting my hard earned cash on them just yet :lol:

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:47 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7867969/

Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:42 pm

Another one being lined up by Bolton -

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7885172/

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:
CP76 wrote:are my tip for this division this season.

I reckon they are def top 6 in my opinion.

Sticking your neck out there annis eh :lol:

I reckon they will do a west ham and fail a top 2 at the end and go up via play offs.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:16 am

Blackburn will walk the division IMO

Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:34 pm

adamt958 wrote:Blackburn will walk the division IMO

Nah, not unless they f**k Steve Kean off by November

Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:27 am

None of the relegated will go up automatically.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Ricketts feels Bolton can win Championship title
Submitted by Andrew Slevison on Mon, 07/16/2012 - 13:38

Sam Ricketts suggests that Bolton are capable of taking out the Championship next season.

The Trotters were relegated from the Premier League last season for the first time in 11 years and 30-year old full-back Ricketts is targeting an immediate return to the top flight.

"Getting relegated hurt everyone but it has happened and now we need a positive outlook. It's not worth dwelling on last season,” he told The Bolton News.

"A few of the lads have gone up via the play-offs but personally speaking, I haven't won a title. That would be something I think we could achieve if we kept this squad together.

"I don't think there are deep-lying problems at the club, or sweeping changes needed.

"I'm sure, like me, the rest of the lads want to get back to the Premier League as soon as possible because we wall want to play there. So we need to use this season as a springboard and push on.

"Games generally come two a week, thick and fast, so it's very important we get into a rhythm as quickly as possible.

"There are quite a few teams who have been in the Premier League and got caught here - Leeds United, Middlesbrough, Nottingham Forest - so this season is your big chance. We need to adapt quickly and take it."

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:59 pm

Bolton have added a keeper to their squad -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18869550

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:00 pm

I know it's too early to tell but i think Blackburn will be top 2, City may sneak a spot near the top because we're looking at some quality players but as I said it's too early to even guess where we could finish.
I think Bolton will be 3rd, think we will see a few surprises this season, Brighton and Leeds could surprise a few. Wolves should be up there in play offs at least.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:20 pm

lewis91 wrote:I know it's too early to tell but i think Blackburn will be top 2, City may sneak a spot near the top because we're looking at some quality players but as I said it's too early to even guess where we could finish.
I think Bolton will be 3rd, think we will see a few surprises this season, Brighton and Leeds could surprise a few. Wolves should be up there in play offs at least.

I got a feeling Charlton will suprise many in the up-coming season, and lets not forget Sheffield Wednesday they been spending as well. Should be interesting!!!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:41 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:
lewis91 wrote:I know it's too early to tell but i think Blackburn will be top 2, City may sneak a spot near the top because we're looking at some quality players but as I said it's too early to even guess where we could finish.

I got a feeling Charlton will suprise many in the up-coming season, and lets not forget Sheffield Wednesday they been spending as well. Should be interesting!!!

you alright azz? long time no speak :lol:
Charlton will be tricky but they haven't brought in anyone that's caught my eye. Sheff Wed i think will surprise a few your right

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:58 pm

I have no doubt that any of the 3 relegated from the prem will be in the top 2.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:06 pm

lewis91 wrote:you alright azz? long time no speak :lol:
Charlton will be tricky but they haven't brought in anyone that's caught my eye. Sheff Wed i think will surprise a few your right

I'm good, hows things with you?
I believe Charlton will do well, they'll carry that momentum like Southampton and Norwich have done, when they didnt sign players. Whereas, Sheffield will do well, but just fade away towards the end like Brighton.

You going to any of the pre-season games?

:ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:10 pm

stickywicket wrote:we'll win the league

We will definitely pushing for top imo :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:24 pm

we have got to get inthe top to early and stay there .sheff wednesday leeds will be a threat this year i think

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:51 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:
lewis91 wrote:you alright azz? long time no speak :lol:

I'm good, hows things with you?
I believe Charlton will do well, they'll carry that momentum like Southampton and Norwich have done, when they didnt sign players. Whereas, Sheffield will do well, but just fade away towards the end like Brighton.

You going to any of the pre-season games?

:ayatollah:

I'm alright mate, tbh i don't think i can afford any of the pre season games especially when i've had to pay for the ST and other things what about you?
I'll try and do the away games like every other season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Blackburn 1st then Bolton and Wolves fighting for second then us Birmingham & Leeds top 6 I hope we are top but at the moment I can not see it