Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Has Any1 or Does Any1 Know........

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:10 pm

what is the crack with changing the names on an already booked holiday?
been offered the chance to take someones holiday over but it would need to have names changed, was wondering if anyone from here has done this and give me some idea on price and how easy it is to do.
the missus thinks i am just going to take over just 1 place but thinking of taking both places and suprising her so any help would be great
cheers for any help in advance :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Has Any1 or Does Any1 Know........

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:12 pm

All depends on which airline your travelling with :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Had to do this with my last holiday, put the wrong initial for my grandson and it cost me £25 to alter the booking form, through the travel agents. the initial had to be the same as the first initial on the passport, his was M but we all call him by his middle name J.

The same fee I believe they charge for a full name change

Phoned the travel agent and collected the new booking form in under a hour, that easy.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:33 pm

flying with Thomas Cook. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:42 pm

rontom wrote:Had to do this with my last holiday, put the wrong initial for my grandson and it cost me £25 to alter the booking form, through the travel agents. the initial had to be the same as the first initial on the passport, his was M but we all call him by his middle name J.

The same fee I believe they charge for a full name change

Phoned the travel agent and collected the new booking form in under a hour, that easy.

A common mistake but always put the name on the passport.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:45 pm

saddam wrote:flying with Thomas Cook. :ayatollah:

I believe it's £40 per name to do at the airport, that's what it is for example the middle name being used instead of the first name (as mentioned above).
If you phone up Thomas Cook direct it may be cheaper then you can collect new tickets at the Thomas Cook desk. Or they may send you a new Eticket with the correct names.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:03 pm

depends on the sort of ticket is booked - some are not changeable at all. Best to do it before arriving at the airport though.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:12 pm

just been having a look on the Thomas Cook website and without actually cotacting them with all the details but used the FAQ part.
put in about name change and it says that at least 1 person over the age of 18 from the origanal names booked must stay on there and you cannot change all the names, has anyone had any experience of this or managed to transfer a booking where none of the origanal party travelled?
thanks for the replies so far :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:18 pm

That's makes sense, I'd just give them a call tomorrow :ayatollah:

Try and sort it before you get to the airport and take the name of whoever you speak with

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Explain the situation mate and hopefully they'll be helpful and sort it out.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Since when did Thomas Cook start flying to Skegness then :shock: :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Marc wrote:Explain the situation mate and hopefully they'll be helpful and sort it out.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Since when did Thomas Cook start flying to Skegness then :shock: :D :ayatollah:

LMFAO thanks for your input mate :shock: its Bobby who booked the holiday and i'm thinking of taking it over. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Have a read mate http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/holi ... icket.html

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:38 pm

Marc wrote:Have a read mate http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/holi ... icket.html

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

cheers mate. i am currently trying to speak to an online rep.( i'm in a line :o ) so they may help answer it.
it said 20 quid each on there so that not bad if i can do it. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:03 pm

they say as a rule NO :( :o
But the guy also recommended ringing them or going in person and see if they can help that way so a trip to thomas cook is called for.
at worse me and Bobby be going to Bulgaria all inclusive/onsite waterpark Sorry Cath :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)