Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: So the World gets it's chance to laugh at us....

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:01 pm

[/quote]But was it the 'peoples choice..? who put a ballot paper through the doors of fans..?[/quote]

Nobody.......but there is a majority who have accepted that for the club to progress, which includes financial investment, hard choices have to be made.

In an "ideal" world, which we have never lived in, I would prefer to play in blue. Given the choices on the table, of which there were probably two, namely "go red" or "go bust", I accept that to watch the Bluebirds play at a decent level I have to compromise.

I respect all positions on this debate.....but for god's sake.....are we still supporting Cardiff City FC or not???? I think we all know the answer to that.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:04 pm

Until the debt is turned into shares then the so-called financial investment is one big debt

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Angry Man wrote:Until the debt is turned into shares then the so-called financial investment is one big debt

Adam, what ever anyone says, that what u have said is a fact.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Angry Man wrote:Until the debt is turned into shares then the so-called financial investment is one big debt

I know it is and I'm struggling to understand why people still can't understand that fact

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Seriously guy's, would you start laughing at another team that turned out in another colour?

Get a grip FFS! :roll: :roll:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Plastic wanker

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:25 pm

099 sound system wrote:Plastic wanker

I have been known to have a wank from time to time, but never have I wanked any plastic. :D ;)

For your information I would love to see us with the old badge and playing in blue.

Don't mean to say, I don't believe we will be laughed at though.

Thanks for your well thought out post though. :lol:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:27 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I know it is and I'm struggling to understand why people still can't understand that fact

I reckon most know it, but believe it will be converted into equity some time soon.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:35 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I reckon most know it, but believe it will be converted into equity some time soon.

thats the problem, it was NEVER stated by VT in his statement yet people are still prepared to accept it!!! Where else would people accept the word of someone they have never ever met to be fact with no questions asked..?

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Angry Man wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

thats the problem, it was NEVER stated by VT in his statement yet people are still prepared to accept it!!! Where else would people accept the word of someone they have never ever met to be fact with no questions asked..?

It makes no odd whether it was in the statement or not.
The fact of the matter is, VT is pumping money into the club he has no chance of getting back, unless he sells the club.
The only way he will ever sell the club is to make it successful.
End of story really. :) ;)

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:48 pm

The Angry Man is spot on. This is not investment, it is an ever growing debt. And the foreign, absentee owners have driven a coach and horses through CCFC's traditions. These people know/care nothing about our club, or football generally. Quite frankly, they are taking the piss. And some people are falling for it. Probably the type of person who calls Cardiff 'the 'Diff' :evil: And it is far too simplistic to claim that the choice is 'red or bust.' That's why we are a laughing stock. We were never popular, but opposition fans did respect us. No more. We used to be up there with Millwall and WHU. More like MK Dons now.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:11 pm

I know, lets make the atmosphere in our first game shit, get to the players and ruin their confidence for the first game of the season. top idea . NOT.
Another thing in my personal life i dont go around shouting and bawling if something doesnt go my way. theres more than one way to skin a cat. im not a tw*t to anyone, but if they dont like me its their issue. do i give a f**k that other teams may be laughing at us. f**k no. its what happens in those ninety minutes is when i get pumped up. thats whats important.
And no i aint in the red camp.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:21 pm

We'll lose 1v2 and everyone will question our 'Fire and Passion'.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:26 pm

A debt that if the Malaysians walked away, could not be repaid.

Which therefore makes no sense for the investment to be nothing more than a loan, and intended to be nothing more.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:16 pm

I respect all comments but TBH unless any of us have the money.....which is obviously tens of millions...to buy the club to do what we will with it, including shirt colour and badge design, it's difficult to argue against. If it's so abhorrent to play in red....buy the club yourself and play in blue.

Business is business, and football is now a big business, like it or not, it's a fact.

And as for "the investment is one big debt until it is turned into shares", isn't that what Sam left us with? Are we no further forward? Probably not, but as always it's a case of trust, we trusted Sam and it did not come to fruition.......now we are in a situation where we can only trust. But at this stage we are trusting in guys who have kept their word (don't go down the red - blue - red scenario, debated to death) and done nothing but pump their hard earned money into our club.

I believe the Malaysians will deliver.....but only time will tell. Let's face it, we were dead and buried when Sam left, and subsequently screwed by the Riddler, so we are no worse off!

Fight to play in blue, go with your heart and debate with the club.......but please, please, please, support the team you love on the first game of the season and every game thereafter!

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:25 pm

I'll be holding my blue Cardiff City scarf up with pride :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:36 pm

To be honest...

..I don't give a feck what other fans think of us never have.

but I think we will be laughing all the way to the next level

as the saying goes....he who laughs last laughs loudest.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:39 pm

Nevermind... We could go a step further...

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Nobody's fans EVER liked Leeds but when they changed their colours to white and were top of the Premier League and in Europe do you think their fans gave a flying f**k. IF we are successful and have half of what they had then NONE of us will be too pissed that we changed our colours.Let's wait and see!! NO MATTER WHAT......we are and always will be......CARDIFF CITY :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:39 am

llangainbluebird wrote:The Angry Man is spot on. This is not investment, it is an ever growing debt. And the foreign, absentee owners have driven a coach and horses through CCFC's traditions. These people know/care nothing about our club, or football generally. Quite frankly, they are taking the piss. And some people are falling for it. Probably the type of person who calls Cardiff 'the 'Diff' :evil: And it is far too simplistic to claim that the choice is 'red or bust.'

VT is keeping this club going financially, so to keep on repeating this over and over again, isn't going to help the situation!

None of us as far as I am aware has the substantial resources to buy enough shares to take over the club, so instead of ranting all the time, come up with something constructive!

That's why we are a laughing stock. We were never popular, but opposition fans did respect us. No more. We used to be up there with Millwall and WHU. More like MK Dons now.

If your so bothered about having opposition fans's respect and them calling us names concerns you that much, then I'm afraid there's no hope! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:32 am

CP76 wrote:Heard theres a few of our pals in the red camp Steve :(

There are mate.... :shock:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:35 am

2blue2handle wrote:I hope people don't use this game being on sky as an excuse to act like idiots.
We should be going to the game to support the team.
I appreciate banners being put up etc but nothing to disgrace the club.

I suggest a big push for everyone to wear blue to this game :ayatollah:

That's what I mean.....invading and setting fire to the directors box could be a bit o.t.t. :D

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:07 am

EL JEFE wrote:What a stupid post.

sorry mate...but yours is the STUPID post

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:44 am

LutonBluebird wrote:On the other hand if we put in a great performance, win and try and emulate a great atmosphere all the other 22 teams watching will be wary of how well we can play.
I think our squad need to make CCS a fortress this year, key to promotion. :ayatollah:

BLOOOOOOOBIRDS :ayatollah:

good post :ayatollah:

in all honesty theres not many that are liking the change from blue to red, but the idea of our starting xi possibly including the likes of bellamy, you cant help but be excited about the new season... the huddersfield game last season in the cup was one of the best games at home last season... id be delighted if we put 5 them again!!

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:13 am

The issue I have with any protest is the uncontrolable few.

Many of us can agree that there should be protests, we can call for oraceful protests and articulate arguments, but we all know that there are people who cannot handle the scenario of slow progress and will begin the threats against the Malaysians. Just look at the few over the top reactions after the first announcement.

I have seen a few posts saying that the club deserve some OTT reactions for not listening, but these sort of reactions will hurt the KCB movement more than the club and push the floating fans away.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:55 am

Tommy Gun wrote:When we walk out against Huddersfield in our Red kit and Blue Stadium thanks to the Sky camera's.....Great chance for the pro Blues to cause some disruption I reckon..... :ayatollah:

Well im going with my family to watch cardiff city anyone by me disrupting anything can feck off..
people shoudnt go if they dont like it and not spoil it for others who have paid for season tickets and just want to watch football.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:57 am

AfanBluebird wrote:Nevermind... We could go a step further...

That looks ok :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:37 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:When we walk out against Huddersfield in our Red kit and Blue Stadium thanks to the Sky camera's.....Great chance for the pro Blues to cause some disruption I reckon..... :ayatollah:

Well im going with my family to watch cardiff city anyone by me disrupting anything can feck off..
people shoudnt go if they dont like it and not spoil it for others who have paid for season tickets and just want to watch football.

What's your seat number? I'll make a point of launching blue smoke bombs at you for 90 minutes... :lol:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:

What's your seat number? I'll make a point of launching blue smoke bombs at you for 90 minutes... :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:

:lol: :lol:

:D