Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM THE REBRAND

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:54 am

I wanted to ask all fans what they are expecting from the rebrand?,are you expecting promotion next season or just happy to be debt free,would you be content with mid table or the play offs?,I am interested in hearing people's expectations for the coming season. :ayatollah:

Re: WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM THE REBRAND

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:00 am

debt free and cardiff city to support for the next 10 years

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:08 am

I want us to be stronger and bigger as a club wether in this league or premiership.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:18 am

Apart from the diabolical red shirts and even worse badge, a difficult season. Mid table at best, relegation at worst. When are people going to wake up? The Malaysians are lending us money, with interest. Not investing. They don't seem to be in any hurry to settle with Sam. Our debt is getting bigger by the day.

Our fans are divided as never before. We have signed a decent reserve keeper, and a promising young lad from BCFC. Now talk of Bellamy coming back. We did not go up when he was here before, with a much better squad than now. He's another year or so older. How's the knee these days?

I usually get some glass half empty comments, but honestly can't be optimistic. Remember our form from January on? This 're-branding' is superficial at best. Vandalism really.

Brace yourselves, evangelical, happy-clappy, born-again red shirters! Difficult times ahead. It will all end in tears with these Malaysians.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:21 am

llangainbluebird wrote:Apart from the diabolical red shirts and even worse badge, a difficult season. Mid table at best, relegation at worst. When are people going to wake up? The Malaysians are lending us money, with interest. Not investing. They don't seem to be in any hurry to settle with Sam. Our debt is getting bigger by the day.

Our fans are divided as never before. We have signed a decent reserve keeper, and a promising young lad from BCFC. Now talk of Bellamy coming back. We did not go up when he was here before, with a much better squad than now. He's another year or so older. How's the knee these days?

I usually get some glass half empty comments, but honestly can't be optimistic. Remember our form from January on? This 're-branding' is superficial at best. Vandalism really.

Brace yourselves, evangelical, happy-clappy, born-again red shirters! Difficult times ahead. It will all end in tears with these Malaysians.

He asked what you wanted from the re-branding, not what you foresaw happening! :) :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:42 am

I want the rebranding to... be reversed as soon as possible :(

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:48 am

Robbiwee wrote:I want the rebranding to... be reversed as soon as possible :(

Agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:50 am

I'm expecting to save about £135 from the re-brand, three shirts I don't have to buy - every cloud and all that :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:53 am

One sole owner with no paper debt.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:26 pm

Overthemoon, :oops: you're right, so he did! I should read the question properly, before I go off on an anti-rebranding rant. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:27 pm

blue nile wrote:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
blue nile wrote:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Occasional Violins wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
blue nile wrote:

agree

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:06 pm

" World Peace " :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:07 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Apart from the diabolical red shirts and even worse badge, a difficult season. Mid table at best, relegation at worst. When are people going to wake up? The Malaysians are lending us money, with interest. Not investing. They don't seem to be in any hurry to settle with Sam. Our debt is getting bigger by the day.

So can you now give us alternative investers please ?

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:43 pm

I believe everything happens for a reason, the way that we found these Malaysian guys was not through our own will, I think they will make our wildest dreams come true. I would like to keep building our assets....training ground, increased capacity, players, and hopefully premiership football.
:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:06 pm

Anything less than promotion to the Premier league next season will be viewed as a failure and I believe EVERYTHING has been gambled on next season. What will happen if we fail to achieve Premier status I dread to think.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:10 pm

TERRYB wrote:Anything less than promotion to the Premier league next season will be viewed as a failure and I believe EVERYTHING has been gambled on next season. What will happen if we fail to achieve Premier status I dread to think.

The Malaysians and the rebranding can't guarentee us promotion. All they can do is provide MM with the tools to build a team capable of promotion througit investment.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:05 pm

I want people to realise it is a done deal and no amount of threads on a forum are going to change anything.

Then at the start of the season I want everyone to get behind the team 100% no matter what colour is worn on the pitch (or in the stands).

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:12 pm

What do I want from the re-branding?

Firstly that we do receive the £100m investment, every penny.

Secondly that VT's vision becomes a success and our future is secured for decades ahead as a top Premier League side.

And finally in say 6 or 7 years time we all look back and see 2012 as a watershed when Cardiff City had the bollocks to take a radical road that paid huge dividends and that all other football clubs look to us as the team to emulate, both on the field and off it.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:52 pm

A job would be rather nice right now!

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Short term/medium term stabilisation of the club finances with lower expenditure, higher income.

Irrespective of performances on the pitch.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:12 pm

:ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:34 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:A job would be rather nice right now!

I'd like to change this to "bring back the British empire". :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:45 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Occasional Violins wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
blue nile wrote:

agree

agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:10 pm

Well theres many things in respect and if they give every fan a big piece of Cheese that would heal the wounds.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
blue nile wrote:

AGREE AGAIN