Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHITTS OFF TO VILLA?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:15 pm

Rumours on twitter are that Villa have had a bid accepted from Cardiff for Whitts

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Re: WHITTS OFF TO VILLA?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Seen a tweet as well, it's known Lambert is an admirer of Witts.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:19 pm

Hope its 4m plus

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Shame if he goes but no surprise.

Where he began his career wasn't it?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:22 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Shame if he goes but no surprise.

Where he began his career wasn't it?

Yeah it was.
I'd still be surprised if he goes.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:22 pm

If we sell Whitts, it would prove that all this talk about promotion is just that, talk. Next season will be a struggle. To stay up !

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:24 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:If we sell Whitts, it would prove that all this talk about promotion is just that, talk. Next season will be a struggle. To stay up !

Depends who we bring in I guess.

It was said only the other day about him leaving if we bring in others :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:26 pm

If Whitts goes it just shows a lack of passion. Voted the best player outside the Prem for a reason, and we don't have a superstar squad as it is. KEEP!

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:30 pm

CantonJack wrote:If Whitts goes it just shows a lack of passion. Voted the best player outside the Prem for a reason, and we don't have a superstar squad as it is. KEEP!

Nah, If he do go, it depends who we get to replace him.
I though last season, he was a shadow of what he used to be.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Whitts played every minute of every league game last season. Take that away, plus his goals, and we would have been mid-table at best. When are people going to wake up? Next season will be very difficult. We were poor after January, the fans are divided, the debt is spiralling out of control, and our traditions are in tatters. So far we have got a decent reserve keeper, a young lad from BCFC, and talk of an injury prone Bellamy coming back :(

It would feel weird and id be gutted if Whitts go. His loyalty here has been fantastic no matter how many times he gets linked to the Prem. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

CantonJack wrote:If Whitts goes it just shows a lack of passion. Voted the best player outside the Prem for a reason, and we don't have a superstar squad as it is. KEEP!

It all depends on if he wants to stay or not really.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:34 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Whitts played every minute of every league game last season. Take that away, plus his goals, and we would have been mid-table at best. When are people going to wake up? Next season will be very difficult. We were poor after January, the fans are divided, the debt is spiralling out of control, and our traditions are in tatters. So far we have got a decent reserve keeper, a young lad from BCFC, and talk of an injury prone Bellamy coming back :(

Half empty glass mate? :D

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:35 pm

Every player has his price so just hope if he goes it's not a giveaway. Love to keep him but I'm a form believer that if a player wants to leave then you have to let them go

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Shows great ambission when you think about selling your key player.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:38 pm

Gutted if true.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:39 pm

The guy is almost 30 now and time isn't on his side if he wants to play in the Premiership and lets be honest every footballer wants to play at that level.

Ive always said that I thought Mutch was a replacement for him and it 'could' be seen as Villa waiting for City to get a replacement in first to soften the blow.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Just for people's info...

The twitter who broke this news has 15 followers :lol: :roll:
And has linked us to Defoe :roll:

I think that rumour has been put to bed now

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Just for people's info...

Good night rumour!

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:54 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Just for people's info...

and to think i started it off on here :oops: :lol:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:57 pm

He has gone down to 10 followers.

Glammy to be honest I only noticed its a shit account when someone else tweeted it lol

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Deffo bullshit then PHEWW!!! Don't wanna see him leave us. Taking backward steps if we sell players like whitts.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:59 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Deffo bullshit then PHEWW!!! Don't wanna see him leave us. Taking backward steps if we sell players like whitts.

Your pic made me laugh then :lol:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:03 pm

I still see him leaving in all honestly. There's been too much talk about it in every transfer window in recent times and all of the rumours can't be false surely.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10265~23544,00.html

Previous club: Cardiff City :shock:

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfil ... 44,00.html

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:44 pm

The account had now been deleted it seems?

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:45 am

Malky wont let whitts go, he has said that many times, he is building a team and whitts is a big part to play in it . :old:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:39 am

Whitts does not want to go, and that is half the battle when a player is happy where he is :thumbup:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:25 am

llangainbluebird wrote:Whitts played every minute of every league game last season. Take that away, plus his goals, and we would have been mid-table at best. When are people going to wake up? Next season will be very difficult. We were poor after January, the fans are divided, the debt is spiralling out of control, and our traditions are in tatters. So far we have got a decent reserve keeper, a young lad from BCFC, and talk of an injury prone Bellamy coming back :(

Jesus,I'll get you some rope :lol: