Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

More on Craig Bellamy

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Is this the smile that says Liverpool FC striker Craig Bellamy would be keen to join Cardiff City?

Jun 25 2012

Is Craig Bellamy smiling at Cardiff City's equaliser?
It was the moment of the season for all Cardiff City fans....

When Ben Turner swept home a late extra-time equaliser at Wembley to send the Carling Cup final into a penalty shootout, every Bluebirds supporter in the land was overcome by the sheer joy of the moment.

Fans embraced, Malky Mackay leapt for joy, while Turner himself ripped off his shirt as he wheeled away in celebration.

Meanwhile, Liverpool's players could only look on with disbelief and devastation...all except for one, it would seem.

This picture from our archive seems to suggest Cardiff-born Craig Bellamy, seen in the background of the shot, struggled not to get caught up in one of the great moments of his hometown club's history, apparently raising a smile as the wild celebrations erupted around him.

Bellamy is, of course, the ultimate professional who would never give anything but his best for the team in which he plays, and he was clearly delighted when Liverpool went on to win the trophy on penalties.

But Cardiff City fans wondering whether Bellamy might consider a return to the Bluebirds on a permanent basis next season may take heart from our snap.

With the club's Malaysian investors currently considering how to finance a move for the 32-year-old, there can be no doubt Bellamy has great affection for his local club.

Can Cardiff City make it happen? If they can, there is no doubt Bellamy will not be the only one with a big smile on his face.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1yqhzmb34

Re: Tomorrow's Echo.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:53 pm

How much did he go from man city for?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:55 pm

£0.00

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:05 pm

RFMH wrote:£0.00

Whats that mean?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:06 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

Whats that mean?

Zero pence!!! Free transfer. That's how I read it

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:07 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

Whats that mean?

Free transfer.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:07 pm

i think it normally means nothing,tho it could mean four elephants and a picture if rick astley waxing a ski

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:08 pm

I can't see us paying much of a fee

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:10 pm

I'm more interested in the wage source.

Can't see Craig getting the £90k p/w he's used to, but I expect it'll be over £50k. Will that be coming from Tan's own pocket initially?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Its says 2m in the echo just wondered

Jollffe wrote:I'm more interested in the wage source.

Can't see Craig getting the £90k p/w he's used to, but I expect it'll be over £50k. Will that be coming from Tan's own pocket initially?

Now he's into the final years of his contract and realises he wont be playing week in/week out, I reckon he'll take a drop to £40k p/w

Will Rodgers let him go mmmmmmm??

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:17 pm

jinks-rct wrote:How much did he go from man city for?

I Have got many a link to the Bellers - Man City to Liverpool from last year,here is one which says it was a Free transfer -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... ical-wales

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:24 pm

CantonJack wrote:

Now he's into the final years of his contract and realises he wont be playing week in/week out, I reckon he'll take a drop to £40k p/w

And lose 2.6m ? I dont think so.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:33 pm

CP76 wrote:
CantonJack wrote:

Didnt we offer him more money that liverpool did last season and he declined cos he wanted to play under dalglish . Doesnt this prove its not all about money to him. I just hope its a a reasnable amount. Is he really on 90 k a week at liverpool?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:45 pm

scotty100100 wrote:
CP76 wrote:
CantonJack wrote:

Didnt we offer him more money that liverpool did last season and he declined cos he wanted to play under dalglish . Doesnt this prove its not all about money to him. I just hope its a a reasnable amount. Is he really on 90 k a week at liverpool?

Bellers was on £90k a week at Man City,not sure what the fig is at Liverpool,but i know that QPR could match that,and i don't belive that we at Cardiff last season would have matched the £90k a week...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... elsea.html

Re: More on Craig Bellamy

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:19 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18588547

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:47 am

im sorry i dont see why we would pay 2 mill or 1 mill for Craig what did he do for us two seasons ago to pay anything for a 33 year old is just daft i think we would be better to sign Jordan rodes he would work out much cheaper and would be with us for a few seasons common use your comon

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:57 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2gWG2psEuI

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 am

scotty100100 wrote:
Didnt we offer him more money that liverpool did last season ?

You made that up didnt you

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:14 am

CP76 wrote:
scotty100100 wrote:

Think it was posted here not so long ago, that Bellamy said he'd been offered more money to come to Cardiff!

I also seem to remember that somebody, possibly Carl, posted that he'd taken a big pay cut to go to Liverpool and his wages were only £40,000 per week, as opposed to the £90,000 he'd been getting at Man City!

Perhaps he got a big signing on fee to lessen the impact! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:00 pm

bellers was a free transfer to lpool and his wages were around 72k a week... we couldnt afford to match it and was trying to secure a deal around the 40k a week...

Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:06 pm

CP76 wrote:
scotty100100 wrote:

NO im pretty sure i read tht on this forum somewhere and someone confirmed it but i cant remember who

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
CP76 wrote:
scotty100100 wrote:

Think it was posted here not so long ago, that Bellamy said he'd been offered more money to come to Cardiff!

I also seem to remember that somebody, possibly Carl, posted that he'd taken a big pay cut to go to Liverpool and his wages were only £40,000 per week, as opposed to the £90,000 he'd been getting at Man City!

Perhaps he got a big signing on fee to lessen the impact! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i think i read that he took a pay cut but the rest was made up on his signing on fee

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:18 pm

He was interviewed on LFC TV which is free on Virgin, I believe it was called "An hour with Craig Bellamy" or something similar. During that interview he was asked about whether he was approached to play for his hometown team Cardiff City and if so why did he choose Liverpool? His words were that only 2 teams came in for him and they were Liverpool and Spurs, no other clubs made an offer to his agent, but interestingly he also stated that during his medical with Liverpool Spurs topped Liverpool's wage offer but he declined it as by then he'd made his mind up. So no offer from City as some believe. Probably somewhere in the TV channels archives this interview can be sourced.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:08 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:He was interviewed on LFC TV which is free on Virgin, I believe it was called "An hour with Craig Bellamy" or something similar. During that interview he was asked about whether he was approached to play for his hometown team Cardiff City and if so why did he choose Liverpool? His words were that only 2 teams came in for him and they were Liverpool and Spurs, no other clubs made an offer to his agent, but interestingly he also stated that during his medical with Liverpool Spurs topped Liverpool's wage offer but he declined it as by then he'd made his mind up. So no offer from City as some believe. Probably somewhere in the TV channels archives this interview can be sourced.

What's most worrying thing about that post is a City fan watching LFC TV. :shock: